Dumpster fire at ESPN

racecitybills

Comical to hear and read about commentators at ESPN calling the Bills situation a dumpster fire. Maybe people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Latest figures show the big "sports" network losing subscribers at record levels. Maybe 10 million in a couple of years. 1 million in the last couple of months. I guess throwing out crazy headlines for click bait is how they now operate

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see what on player recently said when asked about Great Players Coach Rex Ryan.

Tyler Dunne (@TyDunne)

12/29/16, 7:02 PM

Here's what one #Bills defensive player told me when I asked about Rex Ryan getting fired this week: "That was music to my ears." Welp.

Lets see what on player recently said when asked about Great Players Coach Rex Ryan.

Tyler Dunne (@TyDunne)

Here's what one #Bills defensive player told me when I asked about Rex Ryan getting fired this week: "That was music to my ears." Welp.

Maybe espn isn't so bad, lol

MARIO was right.

looking for punch in the kneecap or what?

Buy in.

Heres 100 million.

But if you dont like the scheme its okay.

you will be proven right over time.

It is okay to protest against management during the season. while collecting a serious paycheck.

You guys just do whatever. somehow we will forgive and possibly exalt your opinions at a later date after a couple seasons of mediocrity that have nothing to do with asking you to do your job.

ooh. where my HR dept?

i think i might have just ranted.

But i did wash my hands first with bon ami

Edited by 3rdand12

looking for punch in the kneecap or what?

Buy in.

Heres 100 million.

But if you dont like the scheme its okay.

you will be proven right over time.

It is okay to protest against management during the season. while collecting a serious paycheck.

You guys just do whatever. somehow we will forgive and possibly exalt your opinions at a later date after a couple seasons of mediocrity that have nothing to do with asking you to do your job.

ooh. where my HR dept?

i think i might have just ranted.

But i did wash my hands first with bon ami

He was wrong with his protest. But based on whats going to continue to come out he was right

Tyler Dunne (@TyDunne)

More

Tyler Dunne (@TyDunne)

12/29/16, 7:09 PM

A lot of players loved Rex's bravado, but many more never were never "All In" with his scheme. Felt like he tore down the best thing going.

This would maybe mean something if these guys went on the record or Ty Dunne asked them how they explain not tackling.

Comical to hear and read about commentators at ESPN calling the Bills situation a dumpster fire. Maybe people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Latest figures show the big "sports" network losing subscribers at record levels. Maybe 10 million in a couple of years. 1 million in the last couple of months. I guess throwing out crazy headlines for click bait is how they now operate

1. Why does one have anything to do with the other?

2. Trotter is right.

3. Bills' troubles are entirely of their own making. ESPN (along with many other TV properties) are losing viewership due to changing viewing habits. The ESPN as a whole is still gigantic.

But yeah, continue your rant.

This would maybe mean something if these guys went on the record or Ty Dunne asked them how they explain not tackling.

But if there was a source bashing Whaley, you'd be cool with it.

I loved the Rex hire. But then I watched the games. He took one of the best defenses in the NFL with possibly the best d line and made it a weakness. How anyone can't see that seems strange.

I loved the Rex hire. But then I watched the games. He took one of the best defenses in the NFL with possibly the best d line and made it a weakness. How anyone can't see that seems strange.

Funny that you should mention Whaley given that I am convinced that it was Whaley or people close to him (with his consent) who undermined Rex anonymously with people like LaCanfora etc. Hmmmm.

Ahhhhh so this is nothing but source leaks happen and are whaley. Cool thanks know where you are coming from now

Then Mario promptly had a chance to go to another team and excel to prove himself right.....and got benched

Churchill once said: Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

In Mario's case: Never was so little given by someone for so much.

Funny that you should mention Whaley given that I am convinced that it was Whaley or people close to him (with his consent) who undermined Rex anonymously with people like LaCanfora etc. Hmmmm.

So you call out a player for not attaching his name to quote, yet are ok to throw wild accusations about Whaley?

Of all the hills to die on, Mount Rex seems like a below average one to.

But again right about Rex it seems

What was he right about? He complained as if he was forced to become a defensive back. Someone here (I forgot who) ultimately found a stat site that enumerated just how few times he had to cover and it was a handful of time of the year.

It was also humorous to consider Mario's complaints when watching the Denver Broncos last year and when they won the Super Bowl and to watch Von Miller drop into coverage and not B word and moan about Wade Philips.

What was he right about? He complained as if he was forced to become a defensive back. Someone here (I forgot who) ultimately found a stat site that enumerated just how few times he had to cover and it was a handful of time of the year.

It was also humorous to consider Mario's complaints when watching the Denver Broncos last year and when they won the Super Bowl and to watch Von Miller drop into coverage and not B word and moan about Wade Philips.

Do your own homework alot more than dropping about the scheme

The apologists are still out there for Rexy. Amazing.

I am here and still prefer to be fair rather than be part of the mob.

So you call out a player for not attaching his name to quote, yet are ok to throw wild accusations about Whaley?

Good for you. I think it was Whaley. He is suspect number one and there really are not any other suspects other than people close to him who leaked with his consent.

We have read about how he has been whispering in ownership's ear and we all know who benefits by throwing the head coach under the bus by leaking to the media.

i !@#$ing love that the rex apologists still look stupid, and i know who they are even if they finally changed colors.

i hope that next time the ones who have proven to know more than them will just listen next time!!!

team mario for life!

Do your own homework alot more than dropping about the scheme

Holy ****.

Get over it. Rex and his scheme !@#$ing blew. It was a mistake hiring him and he needed to go.

Don't be revisionists like Whaley. He was pissed that he had to drop into coverage. All he wanted to do was rush the passer without any other responsibilities. He ultimately embarrassed himself by playing patty cake with a series of offensive tackles and then showed he was full of BS when he has produced nothing with a scheme that he claimed at the beginning of the season was made for him . . . .

Real team guy whatever you think of Rex's scheme. Your arguments become less credible if you are going to rely on Mario for support.

i !@#$ing love that the rex apologists still look stupid, and i know who they are even if they finally changed colors.

i hope that next time the ones who have proven to know more than them will just listen next time!!!

team mario for life!

If you get your binoculars out at the Dolphins last game and point them at the bench, you might be able to see Mario.

Don't be revisionists like Whaley. He was pissed that he had to drop into coverage. All he wanted to do was rush the passer without any other responsibilities. He ultimately embarrassed himself by playing patty cake with a series of offensive tackles and then showed he was full of BS when he has produced nothing with a scheme that he claimed at the beginning of the season was made for him . . . .

Real team guy whatever you think of Rex's scheme. Your arguments become less credible if you are going to rely on Mario for support.

If you get your binoculars out at the Dolphins last game and point them at the bench, you might be able to see Mario.

what is your point? Mario has a job today. rex does not. Mario makes more than rex. Mario has more to show than rex. Mario was right in his protest that rex has no real ability to coach defense and is as useless as that last little square on a toilet paper roll that you just don't know what to do with so you try to use but end up realizing it was a bad idea because it just didn't stand up to what you hoped because it was weak and lacked the ability to be what you hoped and you're left with the same thing you have week 16 in buffalo... a giant piece of crap on your hands. rex ryan left us with a pile of poo all over our hands.

what is your point? Mario has a job today. rex does not. Mario makes more than rex. Mario has more to show than rex. Mario was right in his protest that rex has no real ability to coach defense and is as useless as that last little square on a toilet paper roll that you just don't know what to do with so you try to use but end up realizing it was a bad idea because it just didn't stand up to what you hoped because it was weak and lacked the ability to be what you hoped and you're left with the same thing you have week 16 in buffalo... a giant piece of crap on your hands. rex ryan left us with a pile of poo all over our hands.

As I said earlier about Mario: Never was so much given to someone for so little.

I judge people by a simple measure. Is this guy someone on whom I can rely in a bar fight? Will this person be by my side or will he quit and run away? Neither Mario nor Doug Marrone pass my test.

Rex left us with a pile of poo? We still have many of the players that supposedly were the 85 Bears when Schwartz was the DC . . . except now they have admitted to Ty Dunne that they are stupid.

Edited by Peter

More

Tyler Dunne (@TyDunne)

12/29/16, 7:09 PM

A lot of players loved Rex's bravado, but many more never were never "All In" with his scheme. Felt like he tore down the best thing going.

So basically a good contingency of players acted like babies because they didnt like the scheme and liked the old one better so they decided to not be "all in" yet its all rexs fault the defense sucked.

Look, rex earned his firing. No question. 10 men on the field, challenges that make no sense, the punt in OT. Stuff like that has been goin on since he has been here. But this narrative that he destroyed some great defense single handedly is a bunch of crap. These players acted like a bunch of female dogs since the day the scheme changed. It wasnt a great defense in 2014 anyway. I dont care about what number defense they were. They folded like a deck of cards when the playoffs were on the line too. These olayers trashed this defense just as much as rex. Get over it.

As I said earlier about Mario: Never was so much given to someone for so little.

I judge people by a simple measure. Is this guy someone on whom I can rely in a bar fight? Will this person be by my side or will he quit and run away? Neither Mario or Doug Marrone pass my test.

Rex left us with a pile of poo? We still have many of the players that supposedly were the 85 Bears when Schwartz was the DC . . . except now they have admitted to Ty Dunne that they are stupid.

those players are all a few yrs older. Several have gone or will be. Key depth players are gone and leaving. So no we are not in the same position.

But the same thing people said about how Rex put us on the map is what Mario did, too.

Very true, but so is Peter's observations. You don't "scheme" tackling.

It was Whaley. I know people, who know people, who are friends with people who know people that car pool with people...

Anyway, it was Whaley.

Very true, but so is Peter's observations. You don't "scheme" tackling.

It was Whaley. I know people, who know people, who are friends with people who know people that car pool with people...

Anyway, it was Whaley.

which is all the more clear now that the median has truly turned on him locally. They realized whaleys play in throwing Rex under the bus and had enough, plus theybdint like him ... and he went to national reporters before local.

Big difference in national media coverage with whaley vs local

You don't "scheme" tackling, but you do watch film, teach and coach. Or, at least good coaches do.

which is all the more clear now that the median has truly turned on him locally. They realized whaleys play in throwing Rex under the bus and had enough, plus theybdint like him ... and he went to national reporters before local.

Big difference in national media coverage with whaley vs local

If true, a big fail.....national media flaming Whaley. Did I miss something?

those players are all a few yrs older. Several have gone or will be. Key depth players are gone and leaving. So no we are not in the same position.

But the same thing people said about how Rex put us on the map is what Mario did, too.

Who are you missing or going to miss?

I loved Leodis but he seemed to get trashed here about as much as any player.

Same pretty much with Bradham.

Mario is done. Stick a fork in him.

Gilmore has been trashed here maybe even more than Leodis. He has a ton of talent, but I have no interest in a CB who is not going to try, point at other players while slowing down instead of chasing a WR, refusing to even try to tackle . . . .

Kyle Williams - I love Kyle and he has missed substantial time these past two years. Unfortunately, he has not played a full season in the past couple of years. The defense is better when we have a healthy Kyle Williams.

Aaron Williams - I love the guy and he was missed big time. I do not know what the future holds.

Seantrel Henderson - I like him too. I am not sure what the future holds with the medical and marijuana issues.

Sammy - will he ever have a healthy season while still a Buffalo Bills player? I do not know. We gave up too much for him, but we are a better team with a healthy Sammy.

Z. Brown - I wish we had put in a team option when we signed him.

L. Alexander - see Z. Brown.

Woods - I like him. He also has had his detractors here. I suspect we can re-sign him or sign someone that could fill his role.

Edited by Peter

Who are you missing or going to miss?

I loved Leodis but he seemed to get trashed here about as much as any player.

Same pretty much with Bradham.

Mario is done. Stick a fork in him.

Gilmore has been trashed here maybe even more than Leodis. He has a ton of talent, but I have no interest in a CB who is not going to try, point at other players while slowing down instead of chasing a WR, refusing to even try to tackle . . . .

Kyle Williams - I love Kyle and he has missed substantial time these past two years. Unfortunately, he has not played a full season in the past couple of years. The defense is better when we have a healthy Kyle Williams.

Aaron Williams - I love the guy and he was missed big time. I do not know what the future holds.

Seantrel Henderson - I like him too. I am not sure what the future holds with the medical and marijuana issues.

Sammy - will he ever have a healthy season while still a Buffalo Bills player? I do not know. We gave up too much for him, but we are a better team with a healthy Sammy.

Z. Brown - I wish we had put in a team option when we signed him.

L. Alexander - see Z. Brown.

Woods - I like him. He also has had his detractors here. I suspect we can re-sign him or sign someone that could fill his role.

reply to this so I can touch on it tomorrow when I get time. I'm too tired to go on.

Aearcy, broosk, others were losses. As well as the depth at other positions

reply to this so I can touch on it tomorrow when I get time. I'm too tired to go on.

Aearcy, broosk, others were losses. As well as the depth at other positions

No worries. I am tired too.

Search we definitely miss, but wasn't he a salary cap issue and he wanted more money than we could pay.

I also would be good to still have that kid that we let go for some reason and now starts for Pittsburgh (Ross Cockerel). I always heard from people who follow Duke football how the kid was very smart and a team leader - together with having great instincts.

Yeah, but he was lazy and quit and overrated and a bunch of other things that I read here...

Didn't Mario get selected for the Pro Bowl now that he is playing in that scheme he said was made for him at the beginning of the year?