Cardale Jones taking 2nd team reps

MAJBobby

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he gets in there for a series or two. Sign Bradford, draft the Miami U QB in round two. Then if Bradford is hurt or stinks you have two young guns and you hope one will work out.

IF Bradford stinks? I have read about Cutler and now Bradford. Do you watch football? How are they better than Taylor?

That he'd either succeed or they'd roughly be right here and neither would be a terrible problem.

Except if he succeeded they'd still have a cap issue next year and if he didn't they still wouldn't have a QB.

Of course, the most likely outcome was what has happened -- he's up and down, often produces pretty well but doesn't show that total command to make you think he's the long term answer. But now you're forced into anther awkward situation with the player and his contract, you have no other real options, and the team players (and fans) lose even more faith in the franchise watching this cluster!@#$ unfold.

Yet another stupid contract clause from OBD. How did they think this would play out at the time?

How is it stupid when they have the option to not exercise the extension? The hope was that he would progress to the point of making the decision easy to extend.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I hope he gets in there for a series or two. Sign Bradford, draft the Miami U QB in round two. Then if Bradford is hurt or stinks you have two young guns and you hope one will work out.

God no. Kaaya is terrible. Only QB's I would take from this draft is Trubisky or Watson. Watson I wouldn't draft until the 3rd.

Except if he succeeded they'd still have a cap issue next year and if he didn't they still wouldn't have a QB.

Of course, the most likely outcome was what has happened -- he's up and down, often produces pretty well but doesn't show that total command to make you think he's the long term answer. But now you're forced into anther awkward situation with the player and his contract, you have no other real options, and the team players (and fans) lose even more faith in the franchise watching this cluster!@#$ unfold.

This is what I predicted would happen before the season. That he would play pretty well but there wouldn't be a clear choice. Because of the crappy alternatives I personally think it's a no brainer to pick up the option. I understand that others don't. But you're right, this was the most likely outcome. I just don't think it's terribly bad.

IF Bradford stinks? I have read about Cutler and now Bradford. Do you watch football? How are they better than Taylor?

You hopefully only end up tied to them for 1 not 2 years would be my gut reaction

If promo is right though and teams are tripping over themselves to give tyrod 20m+ we could prob trade him for Bradford style compensation, right? End up with some vet schlub, 10m in cap and an extra 1 and 4 to try and go find the guy of the future if you are moving on.

If he was successful than it'd be a great situation underpaying a franchise qb for several years.

If he flopped you walk away.

As is you give the new coach the right of first refusal on an ok qb that's paid on the low end of the starting spectrum

It's really not that bad of a situation as long as tyrod gets it