If no Tyrod Taylor, where do we go?

KRT88

If we let Tyrod walk bc we think paying him $$ that would make about the 20th highest paid QB is too much of a commitment, this org needs to fire Whaley. Seeing him go to Denver makes me want to vomit.

I can stomach a new defensive scheme/coach. I think most fans are all in there. But A new DC, OC, HC, and QB? Good luck selling that one Russ.

The Bills hold the cards, so it'll be up to them once a new HC is in place.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until we name a HC and OC I think talking QB is foolish.

If we let Tyrod walk bc we think paying him $$ that would make about the 20th highest paid QB is too much of a commitment, this org needs to fire Whaley. Seeing him go to Denver makes me want to vomit.

I can stomach a new defensive scheme/coach. I think most fans are all in there. But A new DC, OC, HC, and QB? Good luck selling that one Russ.

What if we traded him to Denver for Trevor Siemian and a 3rd Round pick?

go to the draft and another 4 coaches later maybe we have someone.....the whining of 17 seasons won't stop because we are playing a rookie qb or a crappy vet.

keep tyrod play him keep drafting is the best plan

those who do not want to keep Tyrod even if you don't like him, or think hes the answer... miss what he brings to this offense that allows them to score as much as the green bay packers

Edited by CardinalScotts

Straight into the dumpster. That's where this team will go. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. The team would be in the playoffs this year with even an average defense. So the logic around here for so many is to dump Tyrod and start over....going with NO ONE. Even the rosiest fantasies involve striking gold in a BAD QB draft or Tony Romo? Come on. As the deadspin article that just ran points out, Tyrod is more of a known commodity than the Jimmy G's and other awful pipe dreams fans here seem to cling to. Tyrod's a good QB. Denver won with just a good QB last year. KC may win it all with just a good QB this year. Buffalo has a lot of talent on the roster, and dumping a good QB to chase a hypothetical better one means this team is going down the crapper if they dump Tyrod.

Edited by DC Grid

With the Bills running game, all they need is a QB that throws for a modest 20-23 TDs and 3000-3500 yards to equal Tyrod.

I don't think that is really that hard to find and improve on. Not advocating for him but heck, Fitz did that 3 times without the historic #1 running game when he was here.

This running game opens up the passing game so much it is a shame Tyrod didn't have the capability to take advantage of it.

This offense was ranked #7 from what some have said, it was due to the rushing game mainly, imagine if the passing game was ranked, say #12.

Had that happened this offense might have been unstoppable and averaged more than the Falcons 33ppg.

You completely lost me at Hoyer. The Bills are not a 4 - 12 team, so why blow everything on the roster up? If they actually played defense Saturday, they would be playing with an outside opportunity to make the playoffs.

17 years of no playoffs brings out some crazy ideas.

Hahahahahhaha..... Totally agree. I read this and I immediately thought of the Dave Chappelle show and Rick James. "Cocaine's is a hell of a drug!!"

Imagine our running game if the other teams couldn't stack the box 75% of the time and ignore half of the field for passing...

Just how much better do you think this hypothetical running game could be with a hypothetical QB? It leads the league as it is. Short of a Brady, Rodgers type defenses will continue to stack the box vs Bills ground attack.

Just how much better do you think this hypothetical running game could be with a hypothetical QB? It leads the league as it is. Short of a Brady, Rodgers type defenses will continue to stack the box vs Bills ground attack.

Ok,

Imagine what our passing game should be if the opponent still would have to stack the box with a QB who can make the throws most would expect an above average QB to make on a consistent basis. Better?

Cardale likes going from 3rd string to playoff championships :flirt: Romo or Mitch Trubisky are the only ones that have the accuracy necessary to play here. But I'm not necessarily advocating that. Too many, very good players in this draft to go QB in round 1 ... and Trubisky won't be there in second, I'm afraid

I think the comparison with Taylor are Wilson and Alex Smith.

I like Hotrod and think we can win with this offense with better D and better Kicking teams. I'd rather keep him than roll the dice with someone else (unless Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers falls in our lap). But come on man, Hotrod can't even carry those guys lunches.

I like Hotrod and think we can win with this offense with better D and better Kicking teams. I'd rather keep him than roll the dice with someone else (unless Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers falls in our lap). But come on man, Hotrod can't even carry those guys lunches.

He is in Alex Smith's league IMO. Minimal turnovers, lots of points, and it took them a little while to find their way. If you stack their last 2 years side-by-side (and I am talking everything) I'll bet they are close. The offenses certainly are.

Wilson to me is one of the most underrated players in the league. He carries an offense. Tyrod isn't in his league.