If no Tyrod Taylor, where do we go?

KRT88

It will be very telling if the Pats are willing to trade him to the Bills. They aren't sending him here if they think he's a good QB.

Exactly. If Bill Bellyache wants to trade him to us, that means he's not very good. If he thought Jimmy was good he'd either keep him or trade him to a NFC team. We'd be setting ourselves up if we were to go for this.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is in Alex Smith's league IMO. Minimal turnovers, lots of points, and it took them a little while to find their way. If you stack their last 2 years side-by-side (and I am talking everything) I'll bet they are close. The offenses certainly are.

Wilson to me is one of the most underrated players in the league. He carries an offense. Tyrod isn't in his league.

In general Tyrod has met or exceeded Alex Smith's production in everything but passing yards and completion % over the past 2 seasons.

And I think it speaks well of Lynn that he believes he can coach that aspect of TT's game.

I'm just not convinced that, after 6 seasons in the league and two as a starter, that TT can evolve in that area. At this point, there shouldn't be any unfamiliarity or discomfort with any route concepts and their designed impacts on the defense. Which is a shame because Taylor clearly brings a set of unique tools to the position otherwise.

The Bills version of this is laughably inept.

But Alex Smith is 1000% times better in a close game in the 4th. Which translates into wins which translates into playoffs. It's not even close.

Alex Smith has a great defense and a far superior kicking game. The Bills offense more than held up their end of the bargain this year. The defense and special teams (outside of Tate) did not.

But Alex Smith is 1000% times better in a close game in the 4th. Which translates into wins which translates into playoffs. It's not even close.

Here are the Offensive per Drive stats for the year: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff

Our offense is ranked higher than KC's in:

Yards

Turnovers

Plays Run

Drive Success Rate

Touchdowns

Punts

Redzone Points

Redzone Touchdowns

So, you know, only pretty much every relevant statistic.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Taylor is definitely a flawed quarterback, but there is no obvious superior alternative in the near future. If you get more quality O line help and find a way to keep your receivers healthy the offense should be more consistent. The defense needs a scheme better suited to their skill sets and they desperately need help at safety. This team had forgotten how to take the ball away as well. A few picks and fumble recoveries would make Tyrod's job easier too. This team isn't horrible. Taylor isn't my ideal choice but if you fix a few things he's serviceable. Great qbs are few and far between and the Bills aren't the only team who misses out on them. Until you get one, you still have to play games and make the best of it.

Yup, if the 2 were switched and Smith was in Buffalo, the Bills would be in the playoffs the past 2 years.