Weigh in now: HC, OC, DC

boyst

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I would want Lynn as HC and Schwartz as DC, but I want both and Schwartz HC and Lynn OC is more likely.

At the moment, public opinion has turned on Schwartz in Philly, but early on the Eagles offense looked great. However, as time wore down it became apparent that he had Leodis McKelvin and Nigel Bradham as leaders of their position groups. When people who watch the tape looked at games I heard a lot of "The man simply can't blitz more, he has to keep 4 men rushing all the time because without the other 7 in pass protection they are doomed"

I honestly think we are best suited for Schwartz's Wide 9 defense again. This is the front 7 going purely off what we have on roster right now.

Hughes-Dareus-Kyle-Shaq

(Hughes is back as a 9 tech, Shaq works as a 7 tech, Darues goes back to 1 or 2i techniuqe, Kyle stays where he is best)

Preston-Ragland-Zach in standard Preston-Zach in nickel

(Preston is OK in coverage, better in run support. Zach had a great season on the weak side. I am projecting Ragland in the middle as the 2 gapping run killer)

Meanwhile, our offense was quietly decent this year, in spite of disaster. We are 7th in scoring and 1st in rushing totals and YPA. If you don't have THE GUY, it's the best setup you can hope for (though I want another WR)

Preston is a TERRIBLE run defender.

I apologize in advance but I'm about to rant. I've been listening to a lot of WGR lately and the callers are pretty much idiots. Can we all agree that Bill Cowher, John Gruden, Jim Kelly, Frank Reich and any other guy that hasn't done a thing in this league for 15 plus years (including Reich) shouldn't be anywhere near this team? I heard everyone of those names mentioned today in 20 minutes. We need what's next or at least someone that's done something since Obama was elected. This constant longing for 25 years ago isn't going to get us any closer to the production of 25 years ago.

The callers on WGR make even the weakest of TSW posters look like mensa candidates.

Yeah, that was my feeling as well. Besides, you spend so much time in nickel nowadays that that impact is lessened.

Well have to be Dime then or you replace him with a Safety in the Nickle because Raglad already comes off the field in the Nickle as he is only a 2 down thumper before the knee. Maybe can prove me wrong but not based off what I have seen

Nick Caserio - President with full autonomy to build the program.

Josh McDaniels - Head Coach

In two year maybe its clear Whaley has the ball right now

I'm not a Pep fan either but my guess is that Shaw is. Just a guess.

Callahan is nice but I don't really want to change the scheme..........

I am not sure unless it is Lynn there is a way to keep the scheme. I don't think Pep Hamilton would. It was not what he ran in Indianapolis when Pagano basically turned the O over to him.

I just think at least with Callahan you keep an O-Line guru (likely to lose Kromer I would guess) even if they do change blocking schemes some what.

I am not sure Hamilton will be available anyway even if we pulled off the impossible and got Shaw.

HC - Darrell Bevell - research his resume before you throw poop on this one....too much to type, but impressive from his Fabre days in Minnesota, to being publically acknowledged by Carroll for Drafting and developing Russell Wilson. He has adapted from a Rookie QB who needs to roll the pocket with a strong running game, to a passing QB and Offense, and frequently with a less than stellar O-line since the GM trades them or doesnt value them enough to Draft them home high.

As for OC, DC - let him choose

I agree with Bevell for HC

I also think Marvin Lewis gets fired and we get him as a DC.

OC - no clue

Can these threads stop right now? Anthony Lynn will be made the next HC of the Buffalo Bills. What quality candidate would even consider interviewing for Bills with Whaley as the defacto GM?

As a Bills fan, you hold Whaley partially responsible for The Drought. That's not how the rest of the NFL sees him.

There are only 32 HC jobs. Something like 8 of them are open each year.

And few of those 8 will offer a roster as talented as the Bills. While coaches get all the blame, often the terminated head coach had little to work with. This roster is at least average. In other words, Whaley has not been an abysmal failure at acquiring talent. A new coach will have a chance - if he coaches well - to reach the playoffs his first year. Most coaches think they coach well.

To sweeten the pot, the Bills have one of the wealthiest owners. Not only will the new HC command a healthy salary, he'll have enough money to hire the coordinators and position coaches he wants. You don't get that everywhere.

I'm not saying DW is a good GM. I do think, though, that many/most coaches looking for a HC opportunity would consider the Bills.

I think a special teams coach is the way to go.

I also don't think coordinators generally, will make a lateral move just because. For example, unless Pederson gets fired in Philadelphia, why would Schwartz leave Philadelphia for Buffalo for the same job he's already had?

HC: Jerry Rosburg (Current Special Teams/Assistant Head Coach, Baltimore Ravens)

DC: Greg Schiano (4-3 defense, current Ohio State DC and Asst. Coach - better coordinator than head coach)

OC: Rick Dennison (Denver Broncos OC - his strategy relies on having a robust running game, something that lacks in Denver but I do think he'll fall on the sword if they miss the playoffs)

HC - Lynn

OC - Kromer

DC - Bradley

I think that this is a realistic scenario and one that I could live with. I think that you will see minor changes to the offense (Woods and Mills out and new starters at WR2 & RT). I think David Lee will be shown the door and they will try to bring a respected QB coach. Maybe they need to make that QB coach the OC and keep Kromer at OL? Just some thoughts...

On the defensive and ST side I think that you see sweeping changes. Crossman and the whole defensive staff goes, as do Carpenter and Schmidt. Gus Bradley takes over the defense and establishes the staff as he sees fit. I think that the defense takes a fairly big step forward by changing scheme alone.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

As a Bills fan, you hold Whaley partially responsible for The Drought. That's not how the rest of the NFL sees him.

There are only 32 HC jobs. Something like 8 of them are open each year.

And few of those 8 will offer a roster as talented as the Bills. While coaches get all the blame, often the terminated head coach had little to work with. This roster is at least average. In other words, Whaley has not been an abysmal failure at acquiring talent. A new coach will have a chance - if he coaches well - to reach the playoffs his first year. Most coaches think they coach well.

To sweeten the pot, the Bills have one of the wealthiest owners. Not only will the new HC command a healthy salary, he'll have enough money to hire the coordinators and position coaches he wants. You don't get that everywhere.

I'm not saying DW is a good GM. I do think, though, that many/most coaches looking for a HC opportunity would consider the Bills.

The Buffalo Bills will have 24 free agents heading into the 2017 offseason, the most in the league by a large margin. Yes, most of our core will remain is tact but for a team that already struggles with depth issues at key positions, this is extremely troublesome. To make matters worse, we won't be one of the teams with a ton of cap space to throw around.

What happens if the Bills aren't successful next year? How long of a rope does Whaley have? If Whaley goes, the next headcoach is going to go as well. If you can't turn the bills around after year 2, the Pegulas will most likely clean house. These are all things that potential candidates will think about. Sure, there's plenty of coaches out there that will take this job, but no quality coach is coming to Buffalo this offseason with all things considered.

The Buffalo Bills will have 24 free agents heading into the 2017 offseason, the most in the league by a large margin. Yes, most of our core will remain is tact but for a team that already struggles with depth issues at key positions, this is extremely troublesome. To make matters worse, we won't be one of the teams with a ton of cap space to throw around.

What happens if the Bills aren't successful next year? How long of a rope does Whaley have? If Whaley goes, the next headcoach is going to go as well. If you can't turn the bills around after year 2, the Pegulas will most likely clean house. These are all things that potential candidates will think about. Sure, there's plenty of coaches out there that will take this job, but no quality coach is coming to Buffalo this offseason with all things considered.

The 'window' this team had is closing, and they are poised to take a step back as depth will be a challenge, and some players are aging.

*spoiler alert* - next year we will hear the Bills spin off that players are 'learning Lynn's system' and need to get the 'personnel to fit the schemes'. We have had "x coaches (and D coordinators) in x years, give it time". In 2018, we will get the "for christsakes, let us give continuity a chance, we have had x coaches in x year, that is obviously the only problem". Then year 3 "we need continuity, but Lynn is awful and holding back the entire organization, the contents of which are really good and salvageable. Let's allow Whaley to conduct a "true" head coaching search from outside the organization." *or alternatively* Brandon heaps blame on Whaley, and conducts a GM search, only to promote Monos from within for more status quo.