Cujo getting good press

Fixxxer

The question is though, will Glenn be a good right tackle? And if he isn't, what then? You still have no right tackle. I think they made a huge mistake in not trying out Kujo (again) at right tackle this year when Glenn was healthy.

Yeah, that's not a question that should wait until after free agency and the draft to find the answer to.

You're right Groy;s another one, Doubt Woods would have a trade value, but could save some money there.

Woods is a free agent this offseason.

Glenn wants to get paid again, so he would care!

Better option may be to trade one of them. Could you get a #1 for him? Likely easily could for Glenn, not so sure based on the limited time teams have seen Kujo, but maybe a 2nd? How much would you eat by treading Glenn, is it worth it?

He might, but he also might understand that it's likely only for one season. Kujo is a FA after next season and it's not likely that the Bills carry two large LT contracts.

You could trade one of them (Kujo), but then you need to find a replacement at RT. I do like the idea of depth, but a trade would give the team another asset to help fill that need.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mills is so bad that the coaches must know Kujo can't play RT.

Move Glenn to RT. For those that appropriately ask can Glenn play RT, I counter, he can't possibly be worse than Mills.

They should try and sign Groy quick. He is playing at a very high level and I think they might get priced out.

FA and the draft is needed to rebuild almost the entire secondary in addition to #2 WR and a QB.

RT/LT is solved. Move on to the next 5 problems

If Kouandjio is legit we should trade Glenn. We have core players like Watkins, Shady, KW time coming up soon. Extra pick would be a blessing. The ability to replace Glenn with someone younger and cheaper is a gift. Pocket the pick and the cap space and don't look back. That high pick could help you get a franchise QB. As long as Kouandjio can protect the blindside its all good, Glenn is worth more to someone else so you profit from it. Jmo

A gamble, when we know we have a player in both those guys. How was Groy available? Credit to the players, Kromer and Whaley here.

He was available because the P*ts waived him injured at start of 2015 after trading for him; the injury was undisclosed as often are these late injuries in preseason.

http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/Patriots-reach-injury-settlement-with-guard-Ryan-Groy-39874410

He was well enough to be signed by Bucs later in year where Bills signed him off practice squad.

If Kouandjio is legit we should trade Glenn. We have core players like Watkins, Shady, KW time coming up soon. Extra pick would be a blessing. The ability to replace Glenn with someone younger and cheaper is a gift. Pocket the pick and the cap space and don't look back. That high pick could help you get a franchise QB. As long as Kouandjio can protect the blindside its all good, Glenn is worth more to someone else so you profit from it. Jmo

What pick would you accept for Cordy? Would it be better than long term stability on both ends of the line?

BTW when KW's contract is up, he is done.

What pick would you accept for Cordy? Would it be better than long term stability on both ends of the line?

BTW when KW's contract is up, he is done.

I think a mid level free agent RT signed with the savings from moving Cordy, plus a 1st or 2nd round pick is more value than Cordy playing right tackle.

Is Cordy a top 20 pass protector in the league? Top 10?

Playing him at RT is a waste of value, as soon as you do that he's worth more to someone else than he is to us. High draft picks are enormous value

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

I think a mid level free agent RT signed with the savings from moving Cordy, plus a 1st or 2nd round pick is more value than Cordy playing right tackle.

Playing him at RT is a waste of value, as soon as you do that he's worth more to someone else than he is to us. High draft picks are enormous value

Cordy would be the highest paid RT in the league, which I agree would be low-value unless he is unstoppable at the position. However, there was a lot of talk a few years back that he would be an elite RT vs. a solid LT, which may still be true. I would think moving Cordy to RT next year as a one-year solution for the entire line - and a trial run for Kujo - would be the prudent thing to do. Maybe think about moving Cordy in 2018 if Kujo impresses and we want to dedicate our money to him.

Cordy would be the highest paid RT in the league, which I agree would be low-value unless he is unstoppable at the position. However, there was a lot of talk a few years back that he would be an elite RT vs. a solid LT, which may still be true. I would think moving Cordy to RT next year as a one-year solution for the entire line - and a trial run for Kujo - would be the prudent thing to do. Maybe think about moving Cordy in 2018 if Kujo impresses and we want to dedicate our money to him.

Wish we could have seen Glenn play RT a couple games this season to see if he is the right fit there. The coaches probably have a pretty good idea whether he would excel there or not. And yet we didn't see him playing there with Kujo at LT even though Kujo has shown well there. You would think they would have experimented if they were truly that concerned about RT.

If you are going to trade him you better get a 1st.

And you better hit with your 1st because Cordy is a good player. Not every player drafted works out to be a starter.

Scratch that - Cordy's dead cap for 2017 is $21.8 million - He's not going anywhere next year.

Edited by PolishDave

First, I thought everyone was saying another Whaley bust.

2. Wouldn't be a bad idea to dangle him for trade bait . It is not a great left tackle draft .

I doubt you are going to get much in a trade for Kujo simply because he hasn't had enough starting time at left tackle. And he is dirt cheap for the Bills. Contract is up after next year.

I think the guy is so cheap that he is worth keeping just as a backup to Glenn even if the Bills aren't going to start Kujo anywhere on the line. If we didn't have Kujo this year and Glenn had gone down with his back issues, we would have been in a heap of trouble. Suppose next year the Bills are rocking and rolling and Glenn goes down. We have a cheap insurance policy.

Left tackle, being the most important guy for pass protection, is important to have a solid backup for. It can severely downgrade your passing attack if you don't have a good one. And the Bills need all the help they can get in that category.

Edited by PolishDave

Just so I understand what everyone is saying

We should trade a quality OT in his prime because we dont like the fact that he is protecting the right side rather then the blind side?

and hope that a draft pick yields us something then having book end OT's to protect what may very well be a rookie if Tyrod departs?

Do you realize that is the definition of insanity?

I think next year we put him at LT and move Glenn to RT

Cujo can't play the right side because of his knee. And Glen got paid, so he shouldn't care.

Exactly my thought process, Glenn is a good LT, but he might be a great RT, while Cyrus has shown signs of being a descent LT, far better than what Mills is on the right side

I like having more good O linemen than fewer . . . I have seen what it is like not to have enough guys.

I think Cujo, Groy etc. are examples (together with Incognito, Wood, Glenn, Miller etc. are examples of whey it will be important to keep Kromer.

Are people serious when they say this kind of thing?

Trade away one of your best players for a pick that may mean nothing??

Crazy, illogical, the kind of thinking that would mean a team would almost never become championship caliber, constantly rolling the dice, taking ridiculous gambles devoid of logic.

Get rid of a very high quality offensive lineman because another lineman shows some promise! Yikes.

Mills is so bad that the coaches must know Kujo can't play RT.

Move Glenn to RT. For those that appropriately ask can Glenn play RT, I counter, he can't possibly be worse than Mills.

They should try and sign Groy quick. He is playing at a very high level and I think they might get priced out.

FA and the draft is needed to rebuild almost the entire secondary in addition to #2 WR and a QB.

RT/LT is solved. Move on to the next 5 problems

groy is an Rfa, so they can offer a tender that would make it tough for others to sign, or provide an attractive draft pick if they did (R2 if the tender is about $2 mil). No matter what they do, their O-line group will be a strength going into 2017. Edited by TPS