A Rex Apologist Says Enough

I like Rex, I wish he was successful.

Fact is, the defense is losing us games, and the defense is his baby. It was better with much of the same squad before he got here. He needs to go, unfortunately.

Hopefully we can keep the offense going, when he goes. Because if we get a new HC that fixes the defense, and our offense falls apart, I'm going to kick puppies.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.

You could argue that was the signature of Rex in NY. That he would send the house, that he would cook up blitzes that seemed unimaginable.

And then I cut to Week 2 against the Jets. I am watching that game and I am screaming at the TV "send a blitz up the middle! Up the middle! UP THE MIDDLE!!!!"

There were more than a couple plays today where we had 3-4 guys at the line, the linebackers were five yards back AND the DBs were playing way off the receivers. There is zero reason for that. That is letting them do whatever they want.

Important to note; Rex has the highest number of assistants in the league, and three guys call plays on defense (Rex, Rob, and Thurman).

None of these guys noticed the Bills had only 10 guys on defense, on a first down, in OT.

This, right here! How do the coaches not know their starting CB is in concussion protocol? This fits in with all the times we see players running off and on the field on defense at the last second. They practice various situations all week. There is no excuse for this type of dis-organization. It's ridiculous.

I too was on the fence about Rex Ryan.

After today, not anymore.

Another 200 yard rushing day against our defense?!

As awful as the defense was today, they did make a stand in the 2nd half when they needed too, and the Bills offense came back and gave us the lead late in the 4th.

That said, we had the ball 1st & 10 on the Dolphins 17 yard line in OT. What in God's name made anybody think that Reggie Bush play was going to work? That is the play that killed us.

Not only that, later in OT, why didn't we go for it on 4th Down & 3!? What other choice did we have?! There was only 4:00 left on the game clock!

Tyrod Taylor stepped up in the 2nd half and he would have been a hero today. But the coaches prevented that from happening.

I've seen enough. Had the Bills won out the rest of the way, I would have been more willing to give Rex another year. A playoffs or you're out of here season.

Not anymore. Our defense was a strength when Ryan got here. Now, it is a joke.

He's a fraud. Him and Russ should go sell used cars somewhere. They'd make a killing. Football on the other hand...

He checked out a while ago. Barely any emotion on the sideline, at least compared to how he used to be.

A shame really. He spoiled what could have been a pretty good team.

Doesn't Pegula have 12 million reasons to keep him? Or am I mistaken that his contract is guaranteed?

His contract is guaranteed and they would pay him 15 million. But they really don't care about that at all. Some people will (wrongly) say that 15 mil is 15 mil and everyone cares but that's not true. The Pegulas want to win. They paid 400 million more than they had to pay for the team, just to end it. They still have 4 billion and more oil fields. Money will be no factor at all in their decision.

I am done with Rex too. I didn't think I was but today sealed it. The offense was so damned good and it all got spoiled by Rex's D and our sad Special teams. I hope there is continuity on the offense though for next year somehow.

Edited by 34-78-83