How does Jim Overdorf Get a Pass?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Does the in-house counsel of a company decide unilaterally to conclude a deal or settle a lawsuit? No. The owners/executives always have final say. Same deal here. OP seems to have a warped view of what Overdorf's powers and responsibilities really are. Probably should have researched a little more before composing this screed.

Remember when Jim Overdorf released Troy Vincent without telling anyone? Just another day in Bills land. Nothing to see here. Its all ok.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets so old reading posts from the "Clueless George"'s on this board talking about how does this person or that person have a job...

This would be the equivalent of going to get your car fixed at a car dealership, they do a crappy job and then you turn around and say "How does that car salesman still have a job??" because the mechanic sucked...

Huh???

They have NOTHING to do with one another! At all!

Do us all a favor and learn how organizations actually work before posting this nonsense OP

Edited by matter2003

In an attempt to be serious, however so briefly (and no idea why this thread brought this out, but one of my Christmas gifts is still the Pegulas buying the team and keeping them in Buffalo. For the people focused on "The Drought", know that this is a new beginning and it doesn't happen overnight. It's like if you had 2 older brothers who were borderline drop-out knuckle heads in high school, then you show up and the teachers say "oh no. 9 years and running with these idiots" before you finish your first week. These are smart people, and I think they'll get it figured out....despite the postings here.

Edited by Augie

Why isn't Karol in accounting gone? She screwed up some place I'm sure!

I'm sure they want John Murphy on the chopping block too for some unknown violation...perhaps his inflection was wrong on a call and that somehow cost the Bills the game too many times

Just when I thought this place couldn't be any more full of crap, this thread comes along and a new bar is set.

The bar can be a lot higher; there is a mountain load of crap and if the Pegulas were as smart as we hope they are they would exercise the move clause when applicable and find some fans.

Why isn't Karol in accounting gone? She screwed up some place I'm sure!

Dude you always make me laugh. Don't forget that geek Ernie in marketing. This thread is silly. He does what he is told. It's on Brandon and Whaley for example if there was not off setting language on Dareus due to his history. That's a recent example, but Overdorff can't make the call on these matters. As someone else states he runs the numbers and it's above his pay grade to mandate language, cost of contract, and so on.

Overdorf doesn't decide who to sign or for how much. The front office targets players and negotiates. Overdorf crunches the numbers so they fit under the cap.

How exactly does he crunch the numbers and format deals without actually being part of determining value? Honest question there, as a large portion of the actual value of the deal is underpinned by the structure. Fundamentally I'm not sure how you pull those pieces apart cleanly... which leaves him as a very important front office figure for a long time now.

Edited by NoSaint

uhmm... Jim Overdorf is the cap guy... he doesn't choose who to sign.

"Overdorf oversees all player contracts. Overdorf, not Whaley, will handle contract negotiations for Pro Bowl safety Jairus Byrd. Same as last year. Overdorf reports not to Whaley, but to CEO Russ Brandon."

Just Google Jim Overdorf you will see his name attached to EVERY contract negotiation. Sorry not just a cap guy.

Dude you always make me laugh. Don't forget that geek Ernie in marketing. This thread is silly. He does what he is told. It's on Brandon and Whaley for example if there was not off setting language on Dareus due to his history. That's a recent example, but Overdorff can't make the call on these matters. As someone else states he runs the numbers and it's above his pay grade to mandate language, cost of contract, and so on.

Thanks! ... Its hard not to be sarcastic here with the crazy crap threads. I thought the Shaq Lawson one was stupid the other day but it just keeps growing. As for Ernie, he was always a prick .."I heard"

Marcell Dareus is a tremendous player and we feel he has a great opportunity to reach his potential as a player and leader here with the Buffalo Bills," said Bills General Manager Doug Whaley.

"I commend Bills Senior Vice President of Football Administration Jim Overdorf and Todd France, Marcell Dareus' agent, for completing this deal before the start of the 2015 season. I also thank Terry and Kim Pegula for being committed to our philosophy of retaining an All-Pro talent like Marcell Dareus."

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Marcell-Dareus-signs-extension-with-Bills/5ab23cbe-421b-4f6f-8b73-835eef03b3c1

Just a cap guy right lol

Edited by MAJBobby