Gus Bradley as DC + Offensive minded HC=Immediate Success

Yeezus

This is the perfect offseason plan the Pegulas should be after. Sign Bradley as our DC and he will transform this defense into a top 5 unit again. We practically play a 4-3 defense half the time anyways, it would not be a tough transition.

We need a offensive minded HC that knows how to develop a QB and establishes a successful passing attack. Lynn is decent but his passing offense is a joke. Our RB is absent when Shady is not in the lineup so it goes to show you why we have been #1 in rushing 2 years in a row, and its solely bc of our all pro RB.

Make this happen Terry, you messed up with Rex but now its your chance to fix the mistakes.

I may not know much about how the NFL hiring works. But i believe in the years I've watched football, the HC usually puts his own staff together to fit his scheme.

Pegula cant just hand pick who he wants as DC or OC or ST coach once he hires the HC. I mean, he CAN, but it usually doesn't work like that.

This is the perfect offseason plan the Pegulas should be after. Sign Bradley as our DC and he will transform this defense into a top 5 unit again. We practically play a 4-3 defense half the time anyways, it would not be a tough transition.

We need a offensive minded HC that knows how to develop a QB and establishes a successful passing attack. Lynn is decent but his passing offense is a joke. Our RB is absent when Shady is not in the lineup so it goes to show you why we have been #1 in rushing 2 years in a row, and its solely bc of our all pro RB.

Make this happen Terry, you messed up with Rex but now its your chance to fix the mistakes.

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.2.

)

Jim Bob Cooter !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I guess :D

I may not know much about how the NFL hiring works. But i believe in the years I've watched football, the HC usually puts his own staff together to fit his scheme.

Pegula cant just hand pick who he wants as DC or OC or ST coach once he hires the HC. I mean, he CAN, but it usually doesn't work like that.

Heck, why not, it would be innovative B-)

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.2.

+1 :thumbsup::lol:

teams never,never,never hire a DC then look for a HC that could work with the DC they hired first

You want to hire a DC before you hire a HC? Brilliant

Was it Bradley or was it the all world talent he had. Whatever he has didn't come with him to Jacksonville

Don't look now but the Jags defense is 7th in the league in yards allowed per game. The defense was really starting to come together and had a lot of talent. The regression of Blake Bortles and the offense is what sunk that team.

I'm on board with Darrell Bevell as HC, let him find an OC and hopefully he is close with Bradley from their time in Seattle together.

Edited by JM57

DC before HC = nice! Plus gilleslie (spelling) has looked very good when spelling Shady and, oh, a qb that runs for 600+ yards might have a LITTLE to do with the team being #1 in rushing.... A little. How many wrong statements can be made in one paragraph? Apparently at least 3.

Not that I am agreeing with the OP at all. But putting down his idea as stupid and silly that team management couldn't select the best OC, or DC, and a HC, rather than hiring a HC and trusting his judgement to select them all is a little harsh. I have always felt that the qualities of being a great OC or DC did not necessarily equate to the qualities of being a great HC. Maybe redefining exactly what a HC does and what qualities makes a great HC needs to be considered. It may not currently be done, but just maybe thinking outside the box and being innovative might just work. Like 17 years of doing the same thing has worked so well for the Bills.

Just because something has not been done that way before does not automatically mean it would not work. Football tactics, plays, management methods evolve every year. Someone once took a chance and allowed minorities to play Pro sports, it had not been done before. Human history shows that advancements only happen when someone tries something different, and if they succeed, we all move forward. The Wright Brothers were laughed at in the beginning, Henry Ford was laughed at.

Changing the way things are done on coach selections could fail miserably, but also it might not. I would not be upset if the ownership dared to try something new and innovative. After all,17 YEARS of doing the same thing has worked so well for the Bills! I would prefer that and failure to doing exactly the same thing again and yet another year of failure. At least the failure would have amounted to an effort instead of just another repeat performance

I'm not agreeing with the specifics of the OP, just saying trying something new is not necessarily always a bad thing just because it has never been tried before.

Edited by simpleman

Don't look now but the Jags defense is 7th in the league in yards allowed per game. The defense was really starting to come together and had a lot of talent. The regression of Blake Bortles and the offense is what sunk that team.

I'm on board with Darrell Bevell as HC, let him find an OC and hopefully he is close with Bradley from their time in Seattle together.

I don't know why Bevell gets so much praise as to me the Seattle offense is far from great even when they had Lynch they never had a strong passing game. Though the thought of Bevell with Bradley is intriguing combo although even though Bevell's been a QB coach in the past we still need to find one as to me as we saw when Hacket was here, one guy alone isn't good enough.

Quit playing with your Mom's mouse.. :ph34r:

It's not going to happen. The reason it won't happen is that you would not get a viable HC to sign with the Bills under those conditions.

The HC has to TRUST and BELIEVE IN the people that work for him. Forcing him to work with people who may not have the same philosophy is like trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Beyond absurd.

It's not going to happen. The reason it won't happen is that you would not get a viable HC to sign with the Bills under those conditions.

The HC has to TRUST and BELIEVE IN the people that work for him. Forcing him to work with people who may not have the same philosophy is like trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Beyond absurd.

Then just hire the DC, take away all of his actual DC duties and hire HC and someone he trusts---like his twin brother.

I could see Kim nodding enthusiastically in agreement on this one...

Beyond absurd.

So complains the 99% of Corporate upper and mid level management as they deal with exactly this reality. You deal with it.

yeah, sure. if they come out 3-5 this board will want to burn it down and start all over again

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore