Guess how many teams...

Points bad. Passing yards good. Its the dumbing down of America.

Offense breaking scoring records for the franchise and easily 50% of the fanbase is too mentally challenged to even appreciate it.

Appreciate what ? Shady ? Yes we appreciate him and TD mike.

Unfortunately their seasons were wasted when the qb forgot to pass the ball.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... This means absolutely nothing.

it means everything, as many have said on this board, the offense is not the problem

Points bad. Passing yards good. Its the dumbing down of America.

Offense breaking scoring records for the franchise and easily 50% of the fanbase is too mentally challenged to even appreciate it.

Points bad. Passing yards good. Its the dumbing down of America. = that good

Edited by CSBill

Don't be obtuse. The passing game is horrible in a league designed to assist passers. There will be times your team is going to need to pass the ball. There will be shootouts. This team is simply incapable in that regard

I agree that the passing game needs to improve. However, I believe that at the moment, he is the best option, and that they that they can win with him. He brings a dimension to the running game that that helps far more than people realize. He has to be accounted for at all time by the opposing defenses. It takes time and experience for the game to slow down for a QB, that is difficult when the Bills call the fewest passing plays per game in the league.

I believe TT can improve on his passing game. This was his second year as a starter, often the most difficult for a starting QB. I think the pressing issue is to fix the defense, not replacing the QB. Then make the decision on him next year.

Hooray racking up points against teams like Browns, Jets, Cardinals is awesome... Why don't you look at more then one stat. When you just post one !@#$ing stat it makes your argument look stupid.

The Bills have scored 24 or more points in 5 of their 7 losses. Shouldn't that be enough for the defensive guru that is Rex Ryan? BTW, I am on board of getting rid of Tyrod, but defense is the #1 issue for this team and it's not even close.

Don't be obtuse. The passing game is horrible in a league designed to assist passers. There will be times your team is going to need to pass the ball. There will be shootouts. This team is simply incapable in that regard

Tell me exactly how many shootouts the Denver Broncos had on their way to a Superbowl championship?

Here's a link to make it easy for ya - http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/reg/broncos

Tell me exactly how many shootouts the Denver Broncos had on their way to a Superbowl championship?

Here's a link to make it easy for ya - http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/reg/broncos

Right, because this team has a historically great defense.

KEEP TRYING TO RATIONALIZE THE TERRIBLE QB.

If at the beginning of the season, when all were "all in" on a "ground and pound offense" and a "top 5 D", someone was to predict that the Offense would lead the league in rushing, be a top 6 in TDs scored/9th in points scored, have a "game manager" QB who only had 6 ints and 2 fumbles after 14 games (along with 20 total TDs)........and that the team would still only be 7-7 at week 15, would anyone have concluded that the offense was going to be the main problem?

Trade for Von Miller and Talib/Harris!

Then we can win it all and miss playoffs the next year.

Points and Defense baby !!

still can't admit the seahawks won and made a superbowl with little pass game, big run game and big defense. just blows your idea that passing is the end all means to a title. defense wins championships...always has. our biggest weakness right now is defense.

have more offensive touchdowns than the Bills this season?

Two. The Falcons and the Saints.

Blow the whole thing up.

Not sure where you are getting your stats from but ESPN has 5 teams ahead of the Bills and Tenn tied with the Bills in offensive TDs.

NO 35 pass TDs and 13 rush TDs = 48 TDs

Atl 32/18 = 50 TDs

NE 26/16 = 42 TDs

Dal 20/22 = 42 TDs

GB 32/10 = 42 TDs

Tenn 26/15 = 41 TDs

Buf 14/27 = 41 TDs

Ari 24/16 = 40 TDs

Oak 25/15 = 40 TDs

SD 29/10 = 39 TDs

Ind 28/11 = 39 TDs

And they rank 19th in total yards.

Edited by old school

And their offenses can sustain drives...

In terms of red zone efficiency, they rank 3rd in the league.

In terms of time of possession, the Bills hold on to the ball

1 second more per game than Denver;

57 seconds less per game than the Chiefs;

1 minute 51 less per game than the Steelers.

When you consider that there are now enough commercial between changes of possession for defenders to catch a quick power nap...the "defense is exhausted" excuse is a bit of a stretch.

The real reason for the difference ...those teams can hold an opponent below 3+ TDs per game.

Their defenses are just plain better.

Right, because this team has a historically great defense.

KEEP TRYING TO RATIONALIZE THE TERRIBLE QB.

Don't go getting all worked up. I didn't say anything about QB. You are the broken record stuck on QB.

I picture you sitting in a chair in a dark corner of your house facing the wall rocking back and forth saying to your self- "Our quarterback sucks. Gotta watch Wapner. Our quarterback sucks. Wapners at five. Our quarterback sucks. oh boy. Wapner. Our quarterback sucks. 82, 82, 82, 246 toothpicks."

lol.

still can't admit the seahawks won and made a superbowl with little pass game, big run game and big defense. just blows your idea that passing is the end all means to a title. defense wins championships...always has. our biggest weakness right now is defense.

Russ Wilson runs a 2 min drill with game on the line like an all time great.

Taylor's 2 min drill is a 3 and out. Not the same

and yet 7-7 and most likely out of the playoffs again....

Also 24th in 1st down percentage, 24th in 3rd down percentage, 31st is pass, 27th in total team plays, 26th in offensive plays per game, 26th in TOP, 12th most 3 and outs

Interesting indeed

Edit: Also 31st in Sack rate

Just think how much better they would be if they could improve on those numbers by 25%. A middle of the pack QB would have been able to accomplish that this year, IMO.

On top of all that is the fact that teams are stacking the box and daring Tyrod to beat them. It is truly amazing the rush attack is as good as it is knowing there are 8/9 in the box.

It really says alot that the QB can't pass when the other team is daring him to. I don't think Tyrod would pass if the defense stacked the box with 10 or 11.