If QB is one of the primary concerns--how can it be fixed?

The Big Cat

Somebody's gotta start in 2017  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Pick whichever option(s) you would endorse

• Call up Cardale
    • Retain EJ
    • Retain TT at $27.5M
    • Retain TT at a negotiated cut
    • Bring back Fitz
    • Sign another FA (specify in reply--KIRK COUSINS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE)
    • Trade for Romo or sign him if he's released
    • Trade for Jimmy G
    • Trade for Sam Bradford
    • Trade for a young backup hiding on another team's roster (specify in reply)
    • DRAFT BABY DRAFT (specify in reply)

Eh, you don't start Jones if he isn't ready. He was a 4th round pick who struggled with MAC teams last year.

Fun fact on Kaaya. His mom is Bye Felicia. That makes him draft worthy alone.

I'm thinking a string of two year trials by fire where we draft a rookie every other year high, sit him behind the previous guy who either busts out or makes it interesting, until we strike gold. Get creative. Something. Anything.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was running the Bills offense and only asked to throw <30 times/game, and had McCoy out of the backfield, Clay up the seam and Sammy out wide? Jesus. We'd have 11 wins by now.

I agree with that but Rivers is a near HOF quality QB.

A McCown brother or Fitz or Brian Hoyer-type would probably only have 3 wins to this point......perhaps worse considering how banged up the WR corps has been this year.

When you take the league's most dangerous running QB out of the equation and replace him with a statue you will see defenses like the Steelers threw at the Bills last week.........an upfield attack designed to disrupt the run in the backfield on the way to the QB.

That is where the best laid plan........just getting a *better* passer.......goes to complete sh*t on gameday.

Right now defenses are playing contain on Tyrod.......using a spy very often which leaves them even more vulnerable.

Then taking into consideration that most D's are building their DL roster to be penetrating 1-gappers and LB's to be able to play in coverage......and because of Tyrod the Bills can ask them to do things they aren't comfortable with..........they are perfectly set up for an active run blocking scheme even though they know it is coming.

IMO, if they add another quality, large catch radius threat opposite Watkins this offense would score at a top 5 level with Tyrod at QB.

I'd rather have Rivers obviously but in lieu of trading a first round pick and then paying him around $30M per year I think I'd be OK with trying to address the #2 WR position with someone Tyrod would be more comfortable heaving 50/50 balls too.

Retain Tyrod. I don't see any realistic options in FA, and we have other, more pressing needs (e.g., safety, WR, OT, ILB) in the draft and in FA.

If the defense is playing as it should be, Tyrod can win games with the right offensive scheme.

Johnny Hammersticks for GM. Taylor is at least serviceable until we know we have something better in place.

Romo, is far & away the best choice.....And with Romo you still draft a QB high in both the 2017 and 2018 draft. Hope 1 of those 2 picks or Cardale is ready to go when Romo is toast in 2 years.

First, Romo would cost us a fortune. Second, his spine is held together by bubble gum and duct tape. No way.

If it was up to me...and believe me we're ALL glad it's not...I would go with Cardale, a Draft pick in the 1st-3rd round, and sign a vet...If the Offensive staff is back and we're running the same system I would not even mind if EJ was the vet...

If TT would come back cheaper of course I would consider it...but I think that's a pipe-dream...

It's a tough decision...But at the end of the day, for me, it comes down to the cap money...And of course the fact that if you don't have a QB that is really, really, good...You have to keep trying...Too many things have to go right for the Bills to be a consistent winner with TT at QB...It's not like anyone can say... "If we can just improve the running game..." The Bills need to get better at QB...Maybe that's Cardale...Maybe that's a Draft pick...If not...Keep trying... B-)

It depends on whether Rex is here or not. If Rex is here and the Bills intend to be a run first offense again, then I think your best choice is to resign Tyrod ideally to a newly negotiated contract. If Rex is gone, go draft a pocket passer and let him compete with Cardale for the starting position.

Unfortunately if you go that second route, chances are the Bills are going to truly suck beyond words next year. And we will likely be stuck with 3-5 years of suckitude until maybe they make another playoff run. And if you are going to blow it up, then you may as well get rid of Dareus too. And make sure the door hits him in the ass on the way out.

yes but the 2018 QBs (if they come out) are good.

I'm on record for trading for AJ MCcarron. Give him an incentive laden contract where we can cut and run if he doesn't pan out. Draft another guy. Let Cardale, the draftee and Mccarron battle it out. Draft a RT and a safety and sign a good veteran WR.

That would be my perfect off season.

So.. perfection would be having 2 guys who have never played a down battle it out with the guy who has played in 7 games?