Watch Rex really close. I think he has been already told.

Iraq Vet

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's like the news in general today. Someone makes things up, just to stir the pot. It wouldn't surprise me if Kraft had one of his cronies putting out false information. I find it interesting that now, they are implying that it is Whaley doing it. Nothing kills a team quicker than this ****, and it started fairly early in the season.

The seeds of discontent are being sown by an insider in the organization

I have to say that I have climbed down from the height of my anger a couple weeks back. I still think this franchise should break from the past as drastically as the Sabers did, but only when they are prepared to do so thoroughly. Personally I'd like anyone over 2-3 years with the org to go and start a new era (no pun intended). However, in the world of reality staying the course and giving continuity a chance, I can see me getting behind the team next year if they are able to take a low profile, workman like, and have Rex keep his mouth shut during the off season- while they get healthy. However, to have a playoff shot, they will need Whaley to really show his worth and have his best draft and free agency to date, without hitting the injury bug (Rex's job)... OK that is a lot to ask.

Agreed. I think that is the right call. As a fan I'm not quite ready to start a total rebuild. I also don't think there are any coaching candidates out there that can fix this. If we stay healthy and draft well, this Rex Ryan team can make the playoffs next year. Our bigger problem is TT's extension and Rex's defense has been really bad.

Keep Rex, ALynn and of course Whaley.

Tell Rex to fire Thurman and Rob, hire a Defensive Coordinator who you've had past success with (Pettine).

Give them all 3 more years.

Pick up the option on Tyrod.

Draft a #2 receiver or Kyle's replacement (DT) in the first.

Hire new training staff.

Playoffs 2017!!

Imo

Not sure if you're serious or not, but I'm 100% on board with this. I think there is still a ton of talent on this team. I don't want to see it blown up just yet. I would add "draft a QB every year" to your list. We have to get deeper at WR and pray to god that Sammy's foot gets better during the off season. The big question is, can Rex and Whaley continue to work together?

Let's look at who the Bills have been this season:

Cardinals

Injured Jacoby Brissett-led Patriots

Rams

49ers

Jaguars

Bengals

Browns

The Bills are what they are are, a mediocre team who is barely alive in the playoff race and has shown it cannot beat good teams or teams are at a similar level( Pats w/ Brady, Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, Seahawks). Keep Rex is essentially admitting we are find being a 8-8 or 9-7 as long as beat bad teams and hopefully get lucky beating an elite team someday. There is no positive way to spin bringing back the Rex and Tyrod combo back another season, it just gonna to lead to more mediocrity and bloviating from Rex.

this...

Currently their opponents wining % is ~ .470, 104 wins, 117 loses, 3 ties.

The winning percentage of teams beaten by buffalo? .306

Talk about a blown opportunity

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Tell Rex to fire Thurman and Rob, hire a Defensive Coordinator who you've had past success with (Pettine).

Hire new training staff.

Playoffs 2017!!

Imo

three more years is a question to me. at least one more, and see how it goes from there. i am not a Rex fan, but firing a "big name" coach after two years of still being relevant in December is not a good strategy.

imho

:w00t: Unreal that someone could believe that will ever happen.

I agree. Brandon going back to VP of marketing? LOL

I am pretty sure he would quit first.

Hire new training staff.

Playoffs 2017!!

Imo

Where is the solution at QB who can lead this team to the playoffs and then, hold on...

win a playoff game by being a QB.

The whole thing is a joke. Keep Whaley and Rex tied together for another year or cut bait with both of them. Neither one of them have done anything to earn a chance at being apart from eachother. They both have made enough mistakes to warrant being fired, Whaley nor Rex have do anything exceptional which would seat one above the other.

Right now you have two clowns pointing at each other, if your too chicken **** to fire both of them, keep them and let them sort it out or once it's so bad then you won't be afraid to do what needs to be done. The idea Whaley deserves another chance over another HC is laughtastic.

Until the Pegulas clean house in the front office and get rid of all the rotten apples, the HC decision is nothing more than window dressing.

Boy do I agree with this.

Let's take it one step at a time and see what they actually do.

But if all this off-season produces is a new HC and his staff, don't expect much different.

Hire new training staff.

Playoffs 2017!!

Imo

I actually like this conceptually.

I was saying at work today, Rex has to make changes on D with Coaching.

Thurman needs to go. I am fine with Rob going, but i do not see it unless his hand is forced.

Pettine? Interesting thought my friend, interesting indeed.

I agree. Brandon going back to VP of marketing? LOL

I am pretty sure he would quit first.

Where is the solution at QB who can lead this team to the playoffs and then, hold on...

win a playoff game by being a QB.

It really is the defense that has kept us down

Boy do I agree with this.

Let's take it one step at a time and see what they actually do.

But if all this off-season produces is a new HC and his staff, don't expect much different.

If you are going to clean house yu gotta remove Brandon. They are not going to do that.

BTW Rex has not been notified of his imminent demise. Put on alert i would hope !!

Keeping Rex and Whaley together only prolongs the division at OBD. The GM thinks his roster is awesome and that the HC can't win with it. The HC likewise doesn't care for the GM and it's pretty clear there are internecine battles being waged. The recent anti-Rex PR campaign is coming out of OBD. Who would have motivation to do that?

If ownership thought they could placate both by giving them lots of UFA dollars and placing them on equal contractual terms, they were clearly wrong. Now it's time to do the dirty work of clearing out the mutinous political factions that have created an atmosphere where people try to survive and sacrifice the team in the process.

I am not a mind reader but, I think it is over. Watching Rex... I think he has been told he will not be kept on. He was asked to maintain a good face for the good of the team. Or he was probably given the option to play out the year or leave now. He is a betting man, he is betting on himself with a small win streak.

Rex being Rex probably agreed. He is not spiteful or a nasty guy. He wants to keep up the loyalty image so he can get hired fast as a Coordinator somewhere.

Thoughts....

I agree with you on all your points I think you're dead-on. I would rather not make the change but I think it is done already. I would have let Whaley go and kept Rex for one more year,

This is fallacy. There are only 32 of these jobs- rarely vacant, at the pinnacle of the profession, the bills have a decent roster and ownership stability, with a proud fan base.

Based on how the jets described Rex at dismissal and all the OCs that have kicked his teeth in, you don't think there are potential coaching candidates that feel they know Rex earned his short leash with ineptitude and think they know they can do better.

What kind of mental pansies do you guys think successfully run football teams??

I didn't say we could not find a coach. I said no coach that has options. Why would a coach choose Buffalo over X if we fired a guy with a winning record?

Fantasy that we can replace Rex with a top tier candidate.

I didn't say we could not find a coach. I said no coach that has options. Why would a coach choose Buffalo over X if we fired a guy with a winning record?

Fantasy that we can replace Rex with a top tier candidate.

No coach is choosing buffalo over X either way. Haven't you been around the last 10 years?

Chan wasn't the only HC we could get because we fired Jauron.

Edited by jmc12290