Can anyone come up with an argument for keeping Russ?

BillsGuru4

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG... Now thats hysterical. You call yourself a fan and didn't see what they were doing?

Murray will be fired in 3 years or less and the Sabres will not make the playoffs. Your faith in this trade-o-rama style that never gives us lasting chemistry is TERRIBLY misplaced... and you call YOURSELF a fan???

I guess I just want to see if anyone can convince me he deserves his job

I won't even try. So many minds are already made up, it's not worth the effort. The Bills are staying in Buffalo, and that's a good thing. (How quickly we forget!) I honestly believe our new owners are smart people who will get it figured out. I get that folks are frustrated, but the clock started the day the Pegulas became the owners. I get sick of hearing about "the playoff drought". Russ is a marketing guru, I'm glad hes there doing his job. Just don't try to do Whaley's job, and I think he knows the difference.

Edited by Augie

Murray will be fired in 3 years or less and the Sabres will not make the playoffs. Your faith in this trade-o-rama style that never gives us lasting chemistry is TERRIBLY misplaced... and you call YOURSELF a fan???

The only trade I would even question is for Robin Lehner. They stole Ryan O'Reilly in that trade.

The only trade I would even question is for Robin Lehner. They stole Ryan O'Reilly in that trade.

I agree. Goalies usually take time before they reach their best level, so it might be a while before we know. ROR is the man, but I hated giving up Zadorov and JT Compher. Good deal in the end though.

You sound like a ball of fun! :)

LOLOLOL

I agree. Goalies usually take time before they reach their best level, so it might be a while before we know. ROR is the man, but I hated giving up Zadorov and JT Compher. Good deal in the end though.

Fair enough on what we gave up but we also got rid of that lazy Russian (Regier pick) so that offset it. They have a lot of kids playing now but learning quick and I think the playoffs are reachable. Nice to see Risto busting his ass AFTER a new contract.

The Pegulas have kept him on through all of this failure, gives Murray an extension despite ANY assemblance of a winner, refuses to fire Doug Whaley, and won't install Lynn as Interim HC and get Cardale in there at least ACTIVE. THAT.

Does it hurt being that dense?

Everyone knows he's useless. He actually hurts us, why do Pegulas have loyalty towards him?

Hurts us how? Do we know exactly what his job is? He's a great business operator as the season ticket sales, amenities at the stadium can attest and training camp in Pittsford testify to. He was GM for a time, but wasn't before that and doesn't appear to be now.

I would say the Pegula's, business people, have loyalty to a man who is damn good at conducting business. He's not useless in that regard.

The argument for keeping Russ is that the business side has been extremely successful for the Bills, much more successful than the football side.

He's successfully regionalized the team, and helped walk the Pegulas through the purchase. He's also kept tickets reasonably priced and has maximized what corporate sponsorship there is to be had in Buffalo.

With a new stadium on the horizon, having his ability to make do with less, will help both the team and the fans (for example, no or limited PSLs).

He has performed a leadership role on the football side, under Wilson, and hasn't been very good at it. He also seems to have played a role in hiring Rex, so again, not good.

If Terry brings in a czar to run football operations, and Russ sticks to the business side of things, I have no problem with Russsticking around.

Everyone knows he's useless. He actually hurts us, why do Pegulas have loyalty towards him?

I have no honest idea how he affects game day

russ gets a lot of flack on this site, but you have to admit he will leave no stone unturned to to upgrade our personnel. i found this pic of him (on the google images) trying out a prospective player who is clearly too old for the league. i don't know if grandpa ever made the team or not, but i admire russ for at least thinking outside the box. that old man could have been our kurt warner! (special shout-out to the elderly player for wearing a tie and suit pants to the try-out -- really shows an element of class and professionalism).

16389140-mmmain.jpg

I think Russ wants a clean look in his player choices. Seems he nailed it

Does it hurt being that dense?

My personal experience with being dense, after being especially bright and aware, was it was much less burdensome.

Read Flowers for Algernon perhaps?