Can anyone come up with an argument for keeping Russ?

BillsGuru4

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows he's useless. He actually hurts us, why do Pegulas have loyalty towards him?

Kind of careless with that "everyone," aren't you? Oh, and regarding him as "useless" shows a depth of ignorance about his job and how well he does it. He ain't the QB, he ain't the HC, he ain't the GM, he's the prez, running the business end of things which, by all reports, is just fine financially. He serves at the pleasure of the team owners who so far appear delighted with him. And should he want to fire the HC or the GM, I don't think he can do that without consultation and approval of said owners. In any case, he won't be consulting you or any of us around here.

While we're at it, what do you mean when you say "he actually hurts us"? Has he been going around to your house and pounding you in the nose? Or by "us" do you mean the Bills? In which case, unless you're a Pegula, you've somehow gotten yourself confused: You are a fan, not an owner. Not even the wretched Rex is hurting you, he's just doing a lousy job with an asset in which you have not a penny at stake. You can walk away at anytime and no one will notice. We all can because...we're just fans, nothing more.

But you won't and I won't because...we're Bills fans, conditioned to this level of suckitude, used to having our souls repeatedly feed through the cosmic wood chipper, habituated to being out of it by the end of one September after another. Other than a couple of brief moments in time, that's the way it's always been. That's why, even if Brandon was as lousy as you think he is, you should embrace him because he fits in perfectly with the long and losing tradition of our chosen Vale of Tears. So wipe away those tears and soldier on; the off-season is close at hand.

Lisas%20Magic%20Rock_zps9sh4jh7w.jpg

Homer: Bills fans keep coming to games, so Russ Brandon must be doing a great job.
Lisa: That’s specious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: Thank you, dear.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn’t work.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: It’s just a stupid rock.
Lisa: But I don’t see any tigers around, do you?
[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]
Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.
[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]

Lisas%20Magic%20Rock_zps9sh4jh7w.jpg

Homer: Bills fans keep coming to games, so Russ Brandon must be doing a great job.

Lisa: Thats specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesnt work.

Lisa: Its just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I dont see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]

I remember this!

There is a direct correlation to Russ working for the Bills and us not making the playoffs in like what.. 17 years?

He has to be tied to this mess somehow right?

Seriously? There may be a janitor who needs to go down too! Or the guy who clears the snow out of the parking lot. Maybe Alice in accounting! It's her fault! He's a marketing guy, and he's damn good.

The 17 year thing goes back a long way, to old owners and FO people.

Seriously? There may be a janitor who needs to go down too! Or the guy who clears the snow out of the parking lot. Maybe Alice in accounting! It's her fault! He's a marketing guy, and he's damn good.

The hotdog vendor must go as well !!

http://media.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/photo/2015/10/02/russ-brandon-doug-marrone-b9553d7e14304469.jpg

Mr. No Stone Unturned......aka

Mr. Look at it in it's Totality......aka

Mr. Robust Analytical Department......aka

Mr. Florida Marlin World Champ......aka

Mr. 17 years of Losing, but 17 years of promotions

the one the only

Russ "Snake Oil" Brandon

May we always "Billieve" & be "All In" on the man that will "Lead the Charge"

Marketing only guys aren't in the Monday morning football meeting with the coaches, GM and owners.

Everyone knows he's useless. He actually hurts us, why do Pegulas have loyalty towards him?

Based on this post, you might be the most useless poster...why do we keep you around?

Edited by matter2003

None of us know what Russ actually does in his job - whether he's actually accomplishing the goals/priorities that the Pegulas have assigned to him. Yet we're arrogant enough to deem a fellow human being "useless."

I'm a dissatisfied Bills fan, too. But when we become classless, judgmental people, we've taken our disgruntled fandom too far.

http://media.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/photo/2015/10/02/russ-brandon-doug-marrone-b9553d7e14304469.jpg

the one the only

Russ "Snake Oil" Brandon

:lol:

What a POS. The poster boy for Buffalo Bills failure.

Yeah sure he is the president of the football and hockey team by the pegulas. He won't be leaving anytime soon. I laugh everytime i see one of these posts. There is much more to sports teams than the football side of things which is where the coach resides.

the one the only

Russ "Snake Oil" Brandon

Russ is an exceptional businessman.

he should NOT be over football operations.

Yeah sure he is the president of the football and hockey team by the pegulas. He won't be leaving anytime soon. I laugh everytime i see one of these posts. There is much more to sports teams than the football side of things which is where the coach resides.

Russ Brandon is smart enough to know that tickets to today's game against the Brown's were 6-8 bucks a pop or were given away. If Rex and DW are not putting fannys in the stands with what they are doing then he should, and will step in, to fix that problem or he'll be gone and he knows that.

He was smart enough to know he shouldnt be GM back in '09 and brought in Nix to rebuild the team and get it going in the right direction..... people forget that or dont realize that.