Jeff Fisher fired, should have been Rob Ryan!

CommonCents

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fired! Who's next?

I can't believe it took this long. The Rams already made a terrible deal to way over pay Tavon Austin who has terrible hands and is the size of a HS student, then they were going to extend an awful coach in Fischer? That was not going over well in LA...finally they made the right choice and got rid of a guy who has never really been a very good coach. He had a small run with a solid McNair led team, but most of his career he has been a let down.

I have Cowherd on the radio, he just said he hears rumors that Gruden would leave ESPN for the right money. He heard he isn't totally happy and suggest 8mil per would do it, he was talking about LA. Heck I wish the Bills would make that offer.

Maybe. I could see him going to LA (location-wise). He did just say this weekend that if he were to come back and coach, he'd only want to coach the Colts and that's because of Luck.

Kroenke didn't want the all time losingest coach being associated with the Rams. Too late. The guys on the radio in St. Louis today were saying the only reason he's been around so long is that Music City Miracle, which was a bad call anyway.

He's a terrible coach.

I'm no Fisher fan but at one point in his career he guided the Titans to the playoffs 4 times in 5 years, all with 11 wins or better. He made the playoffs a few years later in back to back years.

So while he's certainly been horrible the past, oh, 7 years or so to say his entire career was about one play isn't exactly fair.

Rams on TNF this week. Should be a fun game!

@Eric_Edholm

John Fassel, so of Jim Fassel, reportedly being named Rams interim head coach. He's their special-teams coordinator currently.

@AlbertBreer

My understanding was the Rams' football operation needed to prove coherent/competitive in December to save jobs. Then, Atlanta happened.

Amazing that Fisher lasted this long with an extension no less.

@ESPNNFL

The Rams never had a winning season under Jeff Fisher.

CzgFnSvXAAAD4HN.jpg

I won't be surprised if we hear some behind the scenes stuff about Fisher. He is a curious case, the whole drafting Michael Sam thing was brought up already. Supposedly the league was calling around asking teams to draft him to avoid negative pub. This gave him favor with Kroenke, who obviously had been working the league to ditch STL.

Pretty cool that Dickerson seemingly forced the issue, maybe they will focus on fielding a winning team now. Their stadium was half empty yesterday.

man, just saw an image of the Coliseum at the start of the game yesterday...wow first year in LA and already only half full.

I am sure that a lot to do with it, especially with news today construction on stadium not getting necessary permits for cranes...bad week in LA !