Honest question QB for Marcel D.?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am continuously amazed at how this board over values the talent on the Bills. Seriously tell me who these great players are and why don't they show up for the games? Yes I know Rex is a below average coach and puts guys out of position on many plays. But at some point great or even very good players just beat their man and make a big play. How many times did Bell run down the field 5 or 10 yards before anyone touched him. We have many guys on our roster that would have trouble making any other squad in the league. Brandon Spikes for God's sake. It is like playing with 10 men when he is on the field.

To the point about the trade, forget about a trade for a QB, name a Bills Defensive player who is under contract for next year that would bring back any good trade value?

100% correct. Even assuming no cap hit problems, Dareus is essentially untradeable now. What was a market rate extension when he signed it is now a gross overpay in light of his suspension (and legitimate fear of another one, for a year) and lackluster performance. In baseball the only trade you could make for a guy like this is "I'll take your bad contract/problem player if you'll take mine." As for the rest of the team: Gilmore is in his contract year, so nobody is going to trade anything for him; they'd just sign him as a free agent. On defense, Darby would have good trade value (think a 2nd rounder, much as he was?), and although his contract is pretty much market rate, you might be able to trade Hughes, although that would be mostly a contract dump if they're going into rebuilding mode. I don't see anyone else on defense with significant trade value now. Shaq Lawson would be trading a 1st rounder for something like a 3rd rounder. Ragland needs to prove his health. Z Brown established some vaue this year but he's a free agent. Lorax too. On offense, McCoy's contract is untradeable. So is Clay's. Glenn is market rate. Richie is probably a bit below market rate, but probably still poison to most (all?) other organizations. Wood is hurt and Woods is going into free agency . I can't imagine anyone giving us anything of value for any other offensive player other than .... Sammy. And that value expires at the trade deadline in 2017. Maybe Gillislee could bring a 7th rounder?

If I'm wrong, please point out who I missed that has no -negligible trade value. I'm just not seeing it.

Trade him for Cutler?

Why? Cutler is good as cut in Chicago, we can sign him as an UFA if we really want him. In terms of the trade Dareus, I can't see any teams wanting to make that trade unless they have another QB in the wings which means most teams aren't a viable option. I've brought up Teddy Bridgewater before but I wouldn't trade Dareus for him.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...