Honest question QB for Marcel D.?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the given Marcel scenario isn't feasible, I would be on board to make a move with a major player on defense in order to secure a decent QB.

All you have to do is find a team with two franchise QBs.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Since someone saw fit to bring this up....jeesh

All I was asking is if there was a veteran qb with a huge cap hit that we might possibly trade Marcel (and his huge cap hit) for as a swap......I was specifically thinking of Drew Brees and his huge cap hit.

I was asking not knowing really how it worked....am a Tyrod Supporter but have said all along we should always look to improve the position.

Thats it

All you have to do is find a team with two franchise QBs.

I would never want the Bills to make a trade like this with the Jets.

Simeone hasn't been paying attention.

Did you mean Simon?

Marcell Dareus is an untradeable asset.

The Bills failed to include language in his huge contract extension that protected the team against his own stupidity in not understanding when he can and can't smoke weed. The Bills are reimbursed for any games he misses due to suspension which is general practice, where they screwed up is his suspension does not void future guarantees. It was pathetic on the Bills part to not include such language for a guy that already has a positive pot test on his resume.

He is one slip up (which he's proven he's really good at) from a long suspension. He makes a ton of money, and has very big cap hits. He came in last year totally out of shape. Go back and watch him walking onto the field in street clothes during the LA RAMS game. It was obvious this guy didn't take care of his body at all heading into last season, hence the immediate hamstring pull when he was able to practice.

It's a shame too because Marcell has the pure ability to be a Hall of Famer, IMO, but he doesn't have the drive and want of a Hall of Famer which has become very obvious. I hope Sean McDermott has something up his sleeve to get Marcell in shape and motivated because he can be a monster, but who knows. Last year caused me to lose a lot of faith in Dareus, he's simply not a player you can rely on.

Edited by Estro

Since someone saw fit to bring this up....jeesh

All I was asking is if there was a veteran qb with a huge cap hit that we might possibly trade Marcel (and his huge cap hit) for as a swap......I was specifically thinking of Drew Brees and his huge cap hit.

I was asking not knowing really how it worked....am a Tyrod Supporter but have said all along we should always look to improve the position.

Thats it

Brees for Dareus = sold. Write it up.