For TT it is "This week"

Dragonborn10

I've seen enough. The guy stinks. Every week it's, "this is the week". He is not suddenly going to get "it";

His best game of the year was a loss when he still couldn't get it done at the end. Get rid of him and start over.

The guy is not a "game manager", he is a "ball holder". Sorta Carmelo Anthony of the NFL.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has this week. If we win, he has another and another and another til he loses one. He's going to play the next 4 games regardless of what anyone wants. He's our starter for 2016. While I don't think he'all be our guy next year, I'm really pulling for him to make a special run at it. Cheers to you Tyrod Taylor . Go get yours

I am of the same mindset.

But for me this is a prove it game. Dig deep Tyrod. and that does not mean running and trying to carry the team. It means sitting in that pocket( climbing it actually) and hitting guys on timing plays( before they break) or throwing them open when covered. Show some trust and hang it out there.

The last game may not mean anything to the other teams. This is the playoffs for both teams.

Foot on the pedal and never let off

It's a time for glory.

if not now, when ? Rightio Dog !!

Yes lets put this game ALL on Tyrod......forget the fact that our D cant hold teams under 20 points if their life depended on it

yes. This is the game he needs to prove it. Win or lose. He needs to show the world he has another gear.

don't distract the point of the thread

Tyrod isn't even among the five biggest keys to this game

Rothlesberger

Brown

Bell

McCoy

Bills Defense

One of these things can win the game for the Bills (McCoy). The other four are going to lose it

not the point of the thread.

Can TT step up to another level ? after last week he needs to rebalance the scales. Guy is playing for his contract now

Well TT may not think so but this is a great situation for Bills mgmt coaches and fans. Taylor has put himself in the position of a truly must win. The pressure may seem a bit unfair to some but to me it's just right. Be a QB. Be a leader. Show everyone you belong...or don't. The choice should be clear after this game from owner to fan. This isn't a participation ribbon situation. Prove you deserve the job. Fall on your face again and you should be history. Win with all the pressure and you belong. That simple.

THANK YOU !

I love the Tyrod Taylor. I root for him strong. I am really rooting for him this week.

I want him to succeed. Best we have had in years, and years.

Lets not forget that TT has had scrub receivers to work with most of the year. Once Watkins and Woods are out of the lineup it's a long drop off to the next level of our WR's. I would give TT another year and bring in a RT and two more decent WR's for TT to throw to.

its not that. Its because he waits and waits till they come open. he does not have faith to throw them open and take that risk.

He manages the pocket poorly and he does not use his vision ALL the time. he does but not enough. we all see that.

I do not care who he is throwing to. If they drop them well thats on them and another story. but he needs to get that ball out to them.

Where is Justin Hunter? Find him TT and throw it high. he will get it.

I've seen enough. The guy stinks. Every week it's, "this is the week". He is not suddenly going to get "it";

His best game of the year was a loss when he still couldn't get it done at the end. Get rid of him and start over.

The guy is not a "game manager", he is a "ball holder". Sorta Carmelo Anthony of the NFL.

I don't agree. He is still a work in progress. But he has regressed.

And i do think this is the week he needs to come out pissed and show it.

If you lose, besure the chamber is empty and the bayonet bloodied. thats what i want to see from TYROD

It's all of the games the rest of the season.........but it starts with this one.

Even if he were to win the remaining 4 regular season games in so-so fashion.........still displaying all the same flaws......... and then get into the wildcard game and have a meltdown I think he may still be subject to not having the team pick up his option.

Despite his flaws.........I think he makes the offense very hard to defense for most of the game each week. When there is no time left to run the ball that takes away about 5 bullets from his 6 shooter, including his own threat to run.

Plug in a Brian Hoyer instead......and defenses start shooting gaps rather than playing contain.....and in the process disrupting the running game on their way to the immobile QB.

If the receiving corps is improved upon this offseason and up to it.....maybe they are still a top 10 scoring offense.......but I really doubt it.

It's more likely that they turn the ball over more and score less.

Long term.......everyone is best suited to have a pocket passer but IMO this team is pretty close......loaded with veterans and re-tooling would be sketchy.

Elite, quick trigger decision makers like Philip Rivers or a somehow healthy Tony Romo could pull it off.......but an average pocket jockey isn't going to do enough to offset what the O would lose from dumping Taylor, IMO.

Edited by #BADOL

It may sound stupid to pin the decision to bring TT back on one game, but I think this is his one and last chance to prove to Pegula, Whaley, and Rex that he can be the starter. He has got to play well and be the reason they win this game. The offense is as healthy as it has been all year minus Wood. Groy is doing fine. They are at home. Pittsburgh is a very good but flawed team. Oh did I mention TT has Sammy, Robert, Goodwin, McCoy, TD Mike, and Clay all ready to play.

If TT is the reason they lose this game he is done. If TT does not play better then Big Ben he is done.

I'm not asking TT to be something he is not. I don't care if he throws for 200 and runs for 125. I don't care how he does it. Even if his only TD is a catch from EJ (yes that play will happen this week out of the WildCat) but he must win this game.

He has to be the best player on the field at the end of the game.

This is a game that every franchise QB must win. A home December game with the playoffs on the line. Every fan in that stadium must go home knowing TT won this game and they are alive for one more week.

Anything less, and he is gone.

Have you seen how bad our defense has been lately?!?! Pittsburgh has offensive stars that will be a bad matchup... and there is NO WAY TT will be able to keep up with Big Ben, Brown, Bell, and Company. NOT the week to prove anything IMHO... our defense is incapable of playing against good teams PERIOD.

He had the starting receivers the first 2 weeks and we were 0-2... that fact seems to escape COTT parishioners.

Hotrod had Sammy last week and he was 3 catches for 38 yards. He overthrew Sammy on what would have been a sure TD. He almost got Sammy killed on one play. He overthrew Sammy on 3rd down which was a mirror image to a bad pass to Harvin on 3rd down a few weeks ago.

I once saw the Bills with EJ mortalize the Jets with Goodwin and TJ Graham at starting WRs. Cam got his team to SB without his top WR for the whole season.

It's just a lame excuse IMHO.

This is the Bills. We all know what will happen: We win out. TT looks "decent," but not "great." We miss the playoffs. TT is back next year. We go into the season with TT and Jones, EJ leaves in FA. TT plays "decent" again next year, and we miss the playoffs again. Then we draft a QB in 2018.

BALH!!!!

I agree that the team is constructed so that TT does not need to lose the games. However, in the NFL to be very successful you need a QB to be able to "win" games. Early in Big Ben's time with the Steelers they did not ask him to win games, because they had Bettis and a nasty D. Ben threw about 15-20 times a game. I remember people in Pittsburgh calling him a game manager. However, when he needed to step up and win games, he did. TT has not shown any ability to step up and win games, or make the necessary passes to be a complete QB.

I agree. I think Bills fans have to accept where we are in the process.

Hotrod had Sammy last week and he was 3 catches for 38 yards. He overthrew Sammy on what would have been a sure TD. He almost got Sammy killed on one play. He overthrew Sammy on 3rd down which was a mirror image to a bad pass to Harvin on 3rd down a few weeks ago.

I once saw the Bills with EJ mortalize the Jets with Goodwin and TJ Graham at starting WRs. Cam got his team to SB without his top WR for the whole season.

It's just a lame excuse IMHO.

Well said.

Yes lets put this game ALL on Tyrod......forget the fact that our D cant hold teams under 20 points if their life depended on it

They give up 22.8 points per game, there are only 9 teams giving up less than 20 per game with Seattle leading the way with 16.2. Worst is SF at 30.8.

Lets not forget that TT has had scrub receivers to work with most of the year. Once Watkins and Woods are out of the lineup it's a long drop off to the next level of our WR's. I would give TT another year and bring in a RT and two more decent WR's for TT to throw to.

Yes let's hear that tired excuse some more.

To Fan In San Diego , "Lets not forget that TT has had scrub receivers to work with most of the year. Once Watkins and Woods are out of the lineup it's a long drop off to the next level of our WR's. I would give TT another year and bring in a RT and two more decent WR's for TT to throw to.​" This is absolutely not true. If this was the case then Tyrod would still be doing his job of actually throwing the ball and the so called non-performing receivers would be dropping those passes but Tyrod doesn't even throw the ball most times even though he has open receivers play after play. When he does pass, his accuracy, as many here on this website have noted, has gotten worse. If/when we get behind, it has become more apparent that we need an actual QB in the game and at this point, while I feel that Tyrod is a better football player, it seems as though EJ is actually the better QB and I would rather have EJ in the game at QB with a chance to comeback to win.

Go Bills!!!!!

Dragonborn, he has to put the team on his shoulders and lead this team to win. The very reason he's getting paid is to win

these games. Same with everybody else, but especially him. Steelers defense has been tougher the last 3 weeks, ergo they're

not the same team from the first several weeks of the season. No matter, Taylor has to hit some long balls because teams don't respect his

arm/accuracy, and they know Buffalo relies too much on the run game. Bills can't be one-dimensional on offense. That said, Go Bills.

While he may not be the long term answer, he'll be back next year. Even if we drafted a QB in the 1st, TT would still start next year anyways. And remember, the Raiders didn't score 4 unanswered TDs against TT. If we would've shut them down like KC, we would have won.

While he may not be the long term answer, he'll be back next year. Even if we drafted a QB in the 1st, TT would still start next year anyways. And remember, the Raiders didn't score 4 unanswered TDs against TT. If we would've shut them down like KC, we would have won.

Why did the Raiders keep getting the ball back so quickly?

Using that logic, why didn't the Bills offense get the ball back so quickly? Because the Raiders were a hot knife and our defense was butter. At the end of the day, the defense had to stop an offense.

And ultimately the offense had to move the ball on a defense . Round and round we go