Buffalo News seems to have had it with Rex Ryan

Rubes

Who are you kidding, we all know you read it and had nothing to say.

Right, because if there's one thing I've proven time and time again it's that sometimes I don't have anything to say.

Trust me, you'll know when I'm kidding. Or not. In your case, probably not.

Is this a supposed to be a visual euphemism for a form of Japanese group sexual deviance? ...cuz, it kinda looks like it's supposed to.

I believe that's what the common meme is meant to imply, yes. I balk at your use of "deviance," however.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Media people move all the time for better opportunities. That is the way it works . Do really think anyone is banging on their door.

Watch Joe b he will be gone in three years.

No, no, he's totally right about this one. My career working in/with/against/for/on behalf of/in spite of the media, and all the relationships I have and all the things I've come to understand about the industry/the individuals who work in it/why they work in it, all those things are/were wrong. He's shown me this. I have a lot to reconsider.

How many years in a row do they have to be right before they are no longer hacks?

What does one have to do with the other? The fact that they are hacks is not based on whether or not they are right or wrong in their opinion of Buffalo sports. The fact that they are hacks is based on their inability to contribute anything of substance to the dialogue. If your sole purpose in reading their work is to join in the public flatulence, so be it, they're the writers for you. It leaves many who are looking to actually read something of substance about their sports teams out in the cold, however.

I believe that's what the common meme is meant to imply, yes. I balk at your use of "deviance," however.

Maybe "release" would be a more apt term.

No, no, he's totally right about this one. My career working in/with/against/for/on behalf of/in spite of the media, and all the relationships I have and all the things I've come to understand about the industry/the individuals who work in it/why they work in it, all those things are/were wrong. He's shown me this. I have a lot to reconsider.

Let me remind you what you said:

The next media professional who willfully declines upward mobility would be the first.

So tell me again how you are right when members of the media not only stay here, but have even moved back here to be with family for perceived lesser jobs? :lol:

Because that's what fans do. Some folks are gluttons for punishment when they trash Sully and the gang every year though.

Like Transient said in the earlier post, if the BN sports staff was adding anything to the dialogue that's one thing. But just being a cynic adds nothing. All writers like Sully and Gleason do is stoke reactions from frustrated fans. The longer the drought lasts, the easier it is to bet on failure because people are predisposed to it.

I've been on that ride already and I don't need to get on it again.

Let me remind you what you said:

The next media professional who willfully declines upward mobility would be the first.

So tell me again how you are right when members of the media not only stay here, but have even moved back here to be with family for perceived lesser jobs? :lol:

Nothing to tell you. You're right. About everything. You even post the sarcastic laughy emojis to prove it. We all bow at your worldly knowledge and yearn for the right to be educated by an individual of your esteem.

Right, because if there's one thing I've proven time and time again it's that sometimes I don't have anything to say.

Trust me, you'll know when I'm kidding. Or not. In your case, probably not.

No one with this much self-delusion could ever have a sense of humor.

the newpaper writers in this town are brutal covering the Bills and Sabres (but we will save that for another time)

and for our enjoyment they are lifers - not one else is going to hire them

Tyler Dunne was the best guy they have had in years and he left

Gaughan they moved to Buffalo Bulls

So your left with Skurski, Vic, Bucky and Jerry

-like many others I've stopped reading there articles years ago, again they aren't being pulled away by any other paper or website. They are grudge holding immature little kids who were picked last in gym class and have an axe to grind with everyone

Promo put it best stoke reactions from frustrated fans so does WGR negative radio is fairly simple and so are Jeremy and Howard and the two goofs in the afternoon. Guess what they won't be able to leave either because no one would hire them. 1 sports station town mean high ratings, "we're number 1" or last depends how you look at it

Tim Graham is a hell of a writer when he sticks to the feel good stories or try to keep a dry eye pieces those I'll read but once he goes into his Bills opinion ha I stop reading.

the best part Rex isnt going anywhere

Edited by CardinalScotts

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your thong is in a twist because the Buffalo News dared criticized the Buffalo Bills, a highly successful team since 1999; hell a dynasty! Next year we are playoff bound again!

we ? are you on the team ? Not sure why you feel the need to lump the entire 17 years together. New ownership will be finishing their third season 9-7 8-8 probably 9-7 that is what you get when you don't have a qb

we love it I will be looking for you Sunday what number do you wear

They have no relationships with the Bills . When is the last time they broke a story or had one leaked to them ? People who can advance do so, people who can't make up explanations

Like Transient said in the earlier post, if the BN sports staff was adding anything to the dialogue that's one thing. But just being a cynic adds nothing. All writers like Sully and Gleason do is stoke reactions from frustrated fans. The longer the drought lasts, the easier it is to bet on failure because people are predisposed to it.

I've been on that ride already and I don't need to get on it again.

I agree. If there cynicism was lead to interesting or clever writing it would be one thing, but they are hacks devoid of talent

we ? are you on the team ? Not sure why you feel the need to lump the entire 17 years together. New ownership will be finishing their third season 9-7 8-8 probably 9-7 that is what you get when you don't have a qb

we love it I will be looking for you Sunday what number do you wear

They have no relationships with the Bills . When is the last time they broke a story or had one leaked to them ? People who can advance do so, people who can't make up explanations

I agree. If there cynicism was lead to interesting or clever writing it would be one thing, but they are hacks devoid of talent

You're delusional! Talk to me in January and again in January 2018! If the organization is not restructured we will have the same old postings - wah! the Buffalo News write critical articles - come on! What are they suppose to write - we are one player away from the playoffs!

the newpaper writers in this town are brutal covering the Bills and Sabres (but we will save that for another time)

and for our enjoyment they are lifers - not one else is going to hire them

Tyler Dunne was the best guy they have had in years and he left

Gaughan they moved to Buffalo Bulls

So your left with Skurski, Vic, Bucky and Jerry

-like many others I've stopped reading there articles years ago, again they aren't being pulled away by any other paper or website. They are grudge holding immature little kids who were picked last in gym class and have an axe to grind with everyone

Promo put it best stoke reactions from frustrated fans so does WGR negative radio is fairly simple and so are Jeremy and Howard and the two goofs in the afternoon. Guess what they won't be able to leave either because no one would hire them. 1 sports station town mean high ratings, "we're number 1" or last depends how you look at it

Tim Graham is a hell of a writer when he sticks to the feel good stories or try to keep a dry eye pieces those I'll read but once he goes into his Bills opinion ha I stop reading.

the best part Rex isnt going anywhere

Again, what are they suppose to write! What is local sports talk radio suppose to say! These are two failed organizations!

You're delusional! Talk to me in January and again in January 2018! If the organization is not restructured we will have the same old postings - wah! the Buffalo News write critical articles - come on! What are they suppose to write - we are one player away from the playoffs!

Again, what are they suppose to write! What is local sports talk radio suppose to say! These are two failed organizations!

Only the majority of posters on this board continue to buy in!

Only the majority of posters on this board continue to buy in!

Buying in ? This is the third year, they have yet to have a losing record. The news writes like they are 3-13 three years running .

They are only one player away from the playoffs it is called a quarterback. Yes they missed getting one the last two off season but don't lump that in the 15 years of lovable but misguided Ralph.

Three stories in the Buff News today with some serious questioning of Rex Ryan and his talk. Seems like the News is getting tired of his act.

The Sammy-got-stepped-on story from September seems kind of serious

This one just seems stupid - you write an article in December, about how you didn't like the way the coach spoke about an injury in September?

Seriously what was the point of that article? Why even waste time publishing it (even on the web) - most of it was a rehash of what already happened?

How about writing about the Xs and Os of why things go wrong instead of "Here we go again" articles, slapping themselves on the back for "being right."

Do yourselves a favor and read some sports sections in other NFL markets or listen to the sports talk hosts on the radio. It will make you cry how skilled they are in other places, while it's high school amateur hour here.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

How about writing about the Xs and Os of why things go wrong instead of "Here we go again" articles, slapping themselves on the back for "being right."

Do yourselves a favor and read some sports sections in other NFL markets or listen to the sports talk hosts on the radio. It will make you cry how skilled they are in other places, while it's high school amateur hour here.

Do yourself a favor and review this teams won - loss record since 1999; then review its draft record and focus on first round picks. I do not live in Buffalo and have not since 1979 but have lived and currently reside in an NFL city. The Xs and Os, they are only Xs and Os on a chalkboard. On the football field, they are players being coached by real human beings. We love shooting the messenger in Buffalo; 1999! And we are not even close in 2016, no coaching, no QB, horrendous scouting, and a fan base that will buy anything! Delusion runs amok!

Three stories in the Buff News today with some serious questioning of Rex Ryan and his talk. Seems like the News is getting tired of his act.

Is Shaq Lawson starting for Lorenzo Alexander this week? Nobody knows

The Sammy-got-stepped-on story from September seems kind of serious

Jay Skurski's 3 Bills thoughts: Rex Ryan edition

I know the News hasn't always had the greatest relationship with the team, but this seemed pretty bold all in one day.

Haven't we all? :wallbash:

It's bad enough that his act gets old, but worse, the league has passed him by. His alleged defensive genius is gone. And what's worse, he is not smart enough to see this and adjust to the players he has .... who all performed (on Defense, that is) much better before he got here.

Time to "cut bait" . . . the only way he should save his job is if they somehow win-out the season and make the playoffs, and that is a very slim possibility. :sick:

What does one have to do with the other? The fact that they are hacks is not based on whether or not they are right or wrong in their opinion of Buffalo sports. The fact that they are hacks is based on their inability to contribute anything of substance to the dialogue. If your sole purpose in reading their work is to join in the public flatulence, so be it, they're the writers for you. It leaves many who are looking to actually read something of substance about their sports teams out in the cold, however.

Maybe "release" would be a more apt term.

The Buffalo Bills right now, headed by the Ryans, have also this inability to contribute anything of substance FOR OUR DEFENSE OR for a team that can actually beat a good team and get us into the playoffs. These two Hacks of Football are providing the stories... and these so-called "hacks" of the News are just telling it like it is. SMDH

Edited by BmoreBills

Do yourself a favor and review this teams won - loss record since 1999; then review its draft record and focus on first round picks. I do not live in Buffalo and have not since 1979 but have lived and currently reside in an NFL city. The Xs and Os, they are only Xs and Os on a chalkboard. On the football field, they are players being coached by real human beings. We love shooting the messenger in Buffalo; 1999! And we are not even close in 2016, no coaching, no QB, horrendous scouting, and a fan base that will buy anything! Delusion runs amok!

You can bring up the drought all you want. The fact is the only part you can pin on the present owner is from 2014 forward. Do you know the Bills record since then? 23-21. Compared to 77-115 from 2000 thru 2013.

The Bills are above .500 under the Pegulas tenure.

Edited by PromoTheRobot