Price you would pay for Romo

GoBills!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, he'll retire and take a front office job with the Cowboys. I foresee him being trained to be the eventual GM of the team, face of the office.

I think there is a lot of loyalty there between Jones and Romo - it's on a Duncan/Popovich level.

The better question is:

"What would it take to convince Tony Romo to come to Buffalo to play football?"

And the answer is, basically "It can't be done."

Now, regarding the OP's original question: I would pay FMV on a prorated basis. Annual salary divided by 16 = paycheck per game. Tony's agent won't go for that, but that's what I'd pay.

Oh, and I'd throw in a keg of Romo's favorite beer and a rookie OJ Simpson trading card.

Edited by Fadingpain

I'd be open to bringing him in as a backup/mentor for either a new QB or for Cardale. But I don't see him doing that, particularly not for Ryan in Buffalo.

You gonna pay 20+ million clams or whatever the heck he wants to be a backup and mentor!?

I'm probably one of the most pro-Romo posters haunting this place and I wouldn't take him for market value. I think he's probably unable to take much more punishment and that's not a risk worth taking (quite frankly for the Bills or Tony).

I'm with you on that one. Romo would be better of retiring. It's not worth it for him to return to the field again, but if he does, he's better off in Denver. Even if he did come here, he'll need better protection, and an offense designed for him to rely heavy on the run, with limited passing, and routes designed for him to get rid of the ball quickly.

Oh wait, if we can protect him well enough to keep him in one piece for at least 10-12 games, we already have that kind of offense.

Edited by BmarvB

Maybe. But I think Romo would have us at 12 wins a year. Let me ask you this. If signing Romo meant we would have at least 12 wins a year for the next 3 years, would you pay the prices I suggested?

I don't want a 37 year old QB at an exorbitant price with a balky back who every time he gets touched I have to worry about whether he'll be carted off the field. With a crystal ball that lets one see the future of course you make the move, but given the inability to stay on the field the answer for me is a resounding no.

I don't want a 37 year old QB at an exorbitant price with a balky back who every time he gets touched I have to worry about whether he'll be carted off the field. With a crystal ball that lets one see the future of course you make the move, but given the inability to stay on the field the answer for me is a resounding no.

I agree it seems like Romo is hurt a lot, and the back issue is a concern. But other than this year and 2010 when he only played 6 games, he played 15 games in 2013 and 2014 and 16 games in 2011 and 2012. So, it isn't exactly like he is hurt all of the time. Again, the back issue is a concern, but not a deal breaker. IF he is not in Dallas next year, he will be paid like a top tier QB. It might as well be us.

well i'd imagine the cowboys will designate him a june 1st cut and take 2 years of 10 mil dead cap rather than 20 mil of dead cap next year. that means we have a shot of signing him. with sammy, shady and a good o line we could look good to him. but the broncos might look real good.

I'd give him something like a base of $10M with incentives based on games started that could bring it up to a respectable number. If he starts every game he'd get in the $20M range. If he starts twelve $16M.

Give him a 3 year deal with the ability to nullify the contract at the end of each season if he didn't start at least 12 games that season.

That's what I'd give him, but there's no way in hell he'd take that to come to Buffalo.