It's the Defense!!!

gjv001

I think that Tyrod Taylor is not the type of QB that will bring a team back with his arm. However, he can manage a game, is careful with the ball, and can score points. He would be a good QB for a team with a strong defense. I could see a strong case made, that the perfect team for Tyrod Taylor to thrive and be highly successful, year in year out, is Denver. From my perspective,our Defense, or lack there of, is the Bill's number one problem. I don't know if it's the lack of quality defensive players or the scheme that they play. However it's obvious they cannot stop the run or the pass.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope. Can't blame the defense for getting gassed and run over when TT went 3 and out and then an INT on the next in the second half. Yes, the D needs to make stops, but what is the limit or breaking point when they keep trotting back out on the field after successive 3 and outs to get run over?

8 yards total offense in the 3 drives when. The Offense needed to help keep the Raiders onslaught from happening.

0-6 and a pick the result.

blame the defense all you want but where is the offense getting a drive when needed?

8 yards total offense in the 3 drives when. The Offense needed to help keep the Raiders onslaught from happening.

0-6 and a pick the result.

blame the defense all you want but where is the offense getting a drive when needed?

I'm right there with you

BUT

the blueprint for this team was supposed to be a stifling defense combined with a multiple and dominant running game with a QB who doesn't make mistakes. Obviously, this is not how most of us would want the team to be built, but in that paradigm the defense is the part that is vastly underperforming.

This brings us back full circle to a talking point that has been beaten to death since Rex took over. His style of defense is outdated as a dominant way to play defense and we severely overvalue our defensive talent. We do not have dominant defensive playmakers a la Denver or Seattle or KC. The scheme itself does not make a dominant defense as can be seen by many other teams who are running a version of this 34 hybrid defense around the league without the best talent like Chicago, Indy, and Baltimore.

Kansas City is the only team having success with this style of defense and they have better talent on defense.

The defense is middling at best, but it certainly doesn't help them when our offense goes 3 and out multiple times in a row. It's a team game, and this team has multiple warts to zap.

I've concluded that none of it is good enough, from the top down! Edited by The Thurmanator

Nope. Can't blame the defense for getting gassed and run over when TT went 3 and out and then an INT on the next in the second half. Yes, the D needs to make stops, but what is the limit or breaking point when they keep trotting back out on the field after successive 3 and outs to get run over?

Word.

It's not only the defense - your defense wins football games when your offense stays out on the field. The way good teams win while ahead is the time of possession. You don't need South Park Ski Instructor to know If you go 3 and out three consecutive times in the second half, you're going to have a bad time. You can argue the INT wasn't entirely TT's fault, but our offensive momentum was completely halted halfway through the second half. Yes, our secondary is an enormous concern heading into the final four games, and yes this should be an absolute priority going into the draft. But we have a porous OL, a QB who doesn't sustain offensive momentum, WR who don't get open, and an RB who rips off one huge run a game and opposing teams figure out by the 3rd quarter. Just because we have elite pieces doesn't mean we have a good team.

Let's not forget it the defenses job to protect a 15 point lead.

I noticed in the red zone especially inside of the 10 when most teams defense will try to hurry the opposing QB who is already playing on a short field,

we were dropping in to 3 man coverages giving the QB unlimited time to throw.

The schemes are very questionable. Our offense prior to the half showed that we aren't as interested in winning as the Raiders were.

This seemed like another example of bad coaching. I would love for the Bills to go 10-6 but if we don't I'm hoping anything less gets Rex out of there.

They are professional athletes. Getting gassed in absolutely no excuse. Additionally stop the Raiders and get off the field, case closed.

They are professional athletes. Getting gassed in absolutely no excuse. Additionally stop the Raiders and get off the field, case closed.

Look at where one of the Best Offenses in the league got the ball please Edited by MAJBobby

1st 3 and out. Raiders get ball on Bills 38. -TD

2nd 3 and out Raiders get Ball at Raider 25 - Bills force punt

Interception Raiders get Ball at Bills 16 - TD

Moves Ball a bit in garbage time Tyrod Fumbles Ball game.

So again want to blame Defense again

38 points, 0 sacks, 0 turnovers is a lot worse than TT's day.

drives/plays/result: 10 FG, 11 TD, 5 punt, 6 punt, 2 TD, 10 TD, 3 punt, 3 punt, 1 int, 13 fumble

How was Tyrods performance against a very bad Oakland Raider defense again?

1st 3 and out. Raiders get ball on Bills 38. -TD

2nd 3 and out Raiders get Ball at Raider 25 - Bills force punt

Interception Raiders get Ball at Bills 16 - TD

Moves Ball a bit in garbage time Tyrod Fumbles Ball game.

So again want to blame Defense again

One three and out leads to a TD and it's the offense's fault? do other good defenses usually allow TDs after a single 3 and out or?

One three and out leads to a TD and it's the offense's fault? do other good defenses usually allow TDs after a single 3 and out or?

Move the Ball. Sustain a drive Franchise. Ooo wait NvM it's ok

led the offense to almost 400 yards. pretty darn good. 215 yards rushing.

HOW WAS TYROD not Shady and TD Mike

Here I will help

2nd half (Mostly Garbage time for the yards)

89 yards 1 INT 1 Fumble lost.

Edited by MAJBobby