Russ Brandon and others...

pepsicat17

Seriously, more then any coach or player I feel he is responsible for the almost two decades of futility more then anyone else. We are not a team or organization that is only a player away and we are wasting our best players prime years. What's it gonna take to get him away from the football team and hire the "football czar" that we so desperately need. Coaches, players and schemes come and go and we still lose in the big spots, under the brightest lights and in the moments we need the most. The Pegulas are obviously smart people, if they really looked at our teams in the past decades they would see one constant... Russ. Why is he untouchable? Time to completely rebuild the organization from the ground up. Continuity for continuitys sake is not the answer. The time has come, we proved that today. We need a complete overhaul of the team, coaches and front office. Hell, were not making the playoffs anytime soon with what we have so why prolong the agony. The time is now - time to Make the Bills Great Again!

(Obviously this is a bit tounge in cheek but really we're just spinning our wheels and I think to make the long lasting, team/organizational defining changes we need, we need to get new blood in the organization at all levels. We just got new owners so what better time then now? We all deserve it as long time BILLS fans and more importantly to the Pegulas, paying customers.)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gets brought up over and over again. It's silly. You think he was responsible when he was an entry level employee? If you wanted to blame him for more recent years of suck then maybe you could make an argument there, but attributing 20 years to him shows you're really just upset and lashing out at whatever target comes to mind. The Bills suck, it's frustrating, but flailing your arms around in the air throwing a tantrum is silly.

He hasn't been an entry level employee for quite some time now, maybe 20 years is too much blame but I thought my "tounge in cheek" disclaimer at the bottom would let people realize that. My point is if you don't think he had a say in the Rex hiring and previous coaching staffs you're fooling yourself and that he has been the constant for, ok, let's say the past 10-12 of futility. If I'm wrong, and I may well be, please tell me who is responsible for this merry go round of horror because it's not our new owners who have only been here a couple of years. So instead of just saying I'm foolish please discuss your thoughts as to what the problem is and how to fix it/them. How about the football czar position that you didn't even reference too? Do you like that idea?

I'm trying to get a discussion going on the true problems and possible solutions and know the other board is not the place for that. Thought maybe here...

I'm certainly not a fan of Brandon's but how exactly is he to blame for the futility we have experienced? Whaley drafts the players and Rex has alot of input as well, I'm sure. Brandon's role was predominantly in the business end of things (ticket sales, various promotions etc..) with the exception of Ralph's last couple of years when he and/or his family appointed Brandon as caretaker... That ended when the Pegula's took over the team... Before Whaley took over, Buddy Nix was running things on the football side... Buddy/Whaley drafted EJ for instance... Whaley traded up to get Watkins... If you want to assess blame start there... I'm all in favor of Pegula hiring a true football czar...

He's definitely responsible for the hiring of Doug Marrone, and not letting Rex Ryan leave the building.

I suspect he's made more ridiculous decisions, but those are the only ones I know he was directly reaponsible for.

As a "collaborator" and a guy Whaley, Nix, etc. have had to run everything by, he has a terrible track record.

I continue to pine for Russ Brandon's removal, but I no longer point to things other than what he's directly admitted to. I feel like it keeps the weirdos that for some reason support him at bay.

A Message to the fans from Russ

Don't worry about the troubles our team is facing this season. We're working on Rebranding this thing, market the heck out of it and sell all you suckers on "hope" for next season. We'll move plenty of inventory in the process and the Pegula's will continue to buy my brand of ass kissing. We're going to line up some more commercials for Rex and Rob, Whales will trade up for some player he overvalues in the draft and he and I will be high fiving because we won another draft.

Rebranding, continuity, moving inventory, OneBuffalo, Kelsea Ballerini, Whales. Did I mention I won a World Series ring with the Marlins?

from a competition standpoint....it makes no sense to bring in a 3-4 coach to a team that already has a Top 5 defense using 4-3.

the entire roster gets turned over. kyle & dareus are "penetrating" DT in a 4-3. neither is a true NT in a 3-4.

hiring Rex only made sense from a marketing standpoint.

If you think Russ is a problem then just bail.

This organization is full of surprises so I can't say for sure that RR, TT or DW are coming back.

But there is no doubt whatsoever that RB is here to stay.

If you can't cope with that, you're outta luck.

I will tell you man, I see where your coming from but I will say this. I spent one of the games in the RV lot at one of my good friends RVs. He does more work for the Sabres then the Bills but he is very close to the inner workings of both organizations & is very close to the Pegulas. He got a few drinks in him & started talking about how RB has more than a few finger prints on the failures of the Bills organization more than anybody cares to admit. Said when Pegula took over he said the decision was made to fire RB, but somehow RB smooth talked his way into keeping his job. Said he sold out so many people, good people that were loyal to him for years to convince Pegs to keep his job. Went onto say RB was pretty much responsible for convincing Pegs to get rid of Ted Black. Said the guy can't be trusted & everybody in the organization knows it. Also said not so much now under Pegs, but under Wilson RB had major pull in football related decision.

They say to kill a snake you got to cut the head off. I think it is time Pegs wakes up & starts cleaning house & the first order of business should be to relieve RB of his duties.

You know you can create an argument that the fans should appreciate Brandon. He makes the Bills a lot of money through marketing, and as long as they make a lot of money they stay in Buffalo. Besides, how much football decision is he allowed to participate in

You know you can create an argument that the fans should appreciate Brandon. He makes the Bills a lot of money through marketing, and as long as they make a lot of money they stay in Buffalo. Besides, how much football decision is he allowed to participate in

That depends. Is hiring the head coach a football decision?

I will tell you man, I see where your coming from but I will say this. I spent one of the games in the RV lot at one of my good friends RVs. He does more work for the Sabres then the Bills but he is very close to the inner workings of both organizations & is very close to the Pegulas. He got a few drinks in him & started talking about how RB has more than a few finger prints on the failures of the Bills organization more than anybody cares to admit. Said when Pegula took over he said the decision was made to fire RB, but somehow RB smooth talked his way into keeping his job. Said he sold out so many people, good people that were loyal to him for years to convince Pegs to keep his job. Went onto say RB was pretty much responsible for convincing Pegs to get rid of Ted Black. Said the guy can't be trusted & everybody in the organization knows it. Also said not so much now under Pegs, but under Wilson RB had major pull in football related decision.

They say to kill a snake you got to cut the head off. I think it is time Pegs wakes up & starts cleaning house & the first order of business should be to relieve RB of his duties.

I mean, this all could be entirely accurate. The drunken table talk at a Bills tailgate is definitely a way to get information. :lol: Honestly, I'm not surprised to hear any of it. But it doesn't appear as though he's going anywhere. And that was my point. Fans could be completely up and down justified for wanting him gone. I'm not suggesting they are not. I'm saying they shouldn't hold their breath. Or so it seems.

I mean, this all could be entirely accurate. The drunken table talk at a Bills tailgate is definitely a way to get information. :lol: Honestly, I'm not surprised to hear any of it. But it doesn't appear as though he's going anywhere. And that was my point. Fans could be completely up and down justified for wanting him gone. I'm not suggesting they are not. I'm saying they shouldn't hold their breath. Or so it seems.

I think he's here to stay as well. It seems pretty obvious that executives of his ilk dig their talons in to stick around. Promoting him to President of Sabres + Amerks pretty much solidifies that he's not going anywhere. I don't think it's a useless discussion though. Russ is the smoking gun, tower 7, and area 51. He's our moon landing.

I think he's here to stay as well. It seems pretty obvious that executives of his ilk dig their talons in to stick around. Promoting him to President of Sabres + Amerks pretty much solidifies that he's not going anywhere. I don't think it's a useless discussion though. Russ is the smoking gun, tower 7, and area 51. He's our moon landing.

Well said.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/How-the-Bills-decided-on-Rex-Ryan-as-head-coach/aa1cc736-b6c4-4af7-bfe9-4aba573bf0fd

Just so that folks don't have to make up what happened with regard to Rex (not that I think it'll stop them from doing so)

And here's just one of the most-recent Russ-related mega-threads so that we don't have to re-hash the entire thing over and over and over and over:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188443-is-russ-brandon-to-blame/?hl=brandon

And the hierarchy laid out--clear as day--for anyone that's confused:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Complete-transcript-Rex-Ryans-introduction/56e897fd-f22f-4376-9489-7e84a5b4f0c1

RB: One of things, Vic, on that just so we can answer your question so we can put this to bed also: when it comes to the fifty-three and player personnel, that’s under the purview of Doug Whaley, the game-day roster and the coaching staff is obviously Coach Ryan and I will have business ops and administration ops and football administration budgets, but as Terry said earlier and as Coach said, it’s not only one direction, it’s one mindset and we’ll be in lock-step in everything that we do as an organization.

Edited by thebandit27