Time to Evaluate Cardale

Fadingpain

@viccarucci

My #Bills Wake-Up Call: Don't play Jones. NEW at [bN] Blitz: http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/09/vic-caruccis-bills-wake-call-jones-shouldnt-play/

As bad as things are, as hopeless as the playoffs look, as discouraging as Tyrod Taylor's future appears, there should be no thought about having Cardale Jones start at quarterback for any of the Buffalo Bills' final four games.

Rex Ryan already has ruled it out as even a remote possibility, but that hasn't stopped it from being discussed by those outside of the team.

The prevailing theory is, when you have nothing to lose, why not see what the rookie can do?

Count me out of that reasoning.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectively disagree. It is not like other teams get 5 downs to get a first down. If the defense does its job they get off the field. Tired of the "They are gassed" nonsense. They are professional athletes and if they do what they are being paid for they would be off the field and the offense would have a chance to try again to put up a few more scores. There are no style points for how you score.

I understand what you're saying and I also respectfully disagree. There are styles of play that are conducive to winning football, and a high number of 3-and-outs on offense really hampers the team.

Biggest concern:
• Accuracy is all over the place, among the worst in the class at the most important ranges: six through 30 yards
• Accuracy is poor on passes that lead receivers, either horizontally or vertically up the field
• Does not always see underneath defenders, will make poor throws into coverage.
• Timing is not great in the pass game, often late but his arm will make up for it
• His big arm is irrelevant beyond 20 yards. Accuracy percentage of 46.9 percent ranked 17th in the draft class, but even many of his completions were underthrows with the wide receiver working back to make the play
• Last year was similar, made a lot of big plays in the passing game but many of them were Devin Smith adjusting to poorly thrown passes

Let's get him in there to see these things happen in real life instead of in bulleted list form.

Rushing him into the game when he's not ready is not a way of being him along. The coaches see him every day, they know where he stands. They think he's good enough to be inactive every Sunday.

Yes because our coaches have done such a great job the past two years. I have every bit of faith that they know exactly what they are doing.

It's funny that with each passing day, Tyrod becomes worse and worse in the minds of media and some fans. Instead of leading an offense that's averaging 25 pts a game, he's like a bad version of RG3. People are really short sighted. I get wanting to see Cardale but that's going to be in preseason 2017. That would mean benching TT and skipping over the backup, EJ. Not gonna happen. It's football, you play your best until the end of the season. Players on the team expect that,.

Biggest concern:• Accuracy is all over the place, among the worst in the class at the most important ranges: six through 30 yards• Accuracy is poor on passes that lead receivers, either horizontally or vertically up the field• Does not always see underneath defenders, will make poor throws into coverage.• Timing is not great in the pass game, often late but his arm will make up for it• His big arm is irrelevant beyond 20 yards. Accuracy percentage of 46.9 percent ranked 17th in the draft class, but even many of his completions were underthrows with the wide receiver working back to make the play• Last year was similar, made a lot of big plays in the passing game but many of them were Devin Smith adjusting to poorly thrown passes

Let's get him in there to see these things happen in real life instead of in bulleted list form.

Hey, are we talking about Cardale Jones or EJ Manuel? Basically, Gilmore's comments said it all. In shortened version, Cardale Jones right now is EJ Manuel. Strong armed, but no accuracy.

Uh oh TT, the PR machine is flipping

@buffalobills

"He's in meetings with all of the other quarterbacks and he comes early, leaves late."

A Cardale Jones update:http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-Watkins-Woods-pairing-likely-for-Sunday/255d7a30-a50a-426c-9724-b02215240254

Edited by YoloinOhio

Respectively disagree. It is not like other teams get 5 downs to get a first down. If the defense does its job they get off the field. Tired of the "They are gassed" nonsense. They are professional athletes and if they do what they are being paid for they would be off the field and the offense would have a chance to try again to put up a few more scores. There are no style points for how you score.

I understand what you're saying and I also respectfully disagree. There are styles of play that are conducive to winning football, and a high number of 3-and-outs on offense really hampers the team.

You guys are both right, it doesn't have to be either or, does it? If the offense can do a better job of sustaining drives, the defense has less time on the field and is less tired. If the defense can do a better job of stopping the opposing offense, they'll spend less time on the field and be less tired.

You guys are both right, it doesn't have to be either or, does it? If the offense can do a better job of sustaining drives, the defense has less time on the field and is less tired. If the defense can do a better job of stopping the opposing offense, they'll spend less time on the field and be less tired.

One of the biggest pet peeves of my life and the reason I don't hold Marv Levy as high as others is that he dismantled the K-Gun cause Walt Cory sold him that the Bills were scoring too fast and the defense was getting gassed. Think about that a bit... Intentionally slow down what I think is the greatest offense of all time (to that point) because they were scoring too fast.....

One of the biggest pet peeves of my life and the reason I don't hold Marv Levy as high as others is that he dismantled the K-Gun cause Walt Cory sold him that the Bills were scoring too fast and the defense was getting gassed. Think about that a bit... Intentionally slow down what I think is the greatest offense of all time (to that point) because they were scoring too fast.....

I hear you, but there are miles between the K-Gun and TTs version of a Bills' offense, to be sure.

In it's annual ritual to shift focus away from the stink of their team, the Bills are trolling out stories that someone that played in 8 college games is the long term answer.

in the interest of accuracy, he played in 23 games in college and started 11. Lost none. Edited by YoloinOhio