Clay inactive for game due to birth of child (updated)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jmo but the teams pay NFL players millions based on their talent and that there is a very limited amount of people in the world who can do what these guys do. Thry aren't paying them to place the job over monumental life events. They know that there will be times where life events like births or deaths that are not in their control can occur and conflict with a game, and the player may choose to address said life event. In these (rare) cases they have contingency plans.

Jmo but there are plenty of people in certain government positions, and especially in military, who make about 1/100th of what Clay makes and miss the birth of a child because their position doesnt alway afford the luxury of being absent that day. Its the career path they chose and it sucks, as it should suck for Clay too.

Jmo but there are plenty of people in certain government positions, and especially in military, who make about 1/100th of what Clay makes and miss the birth of a child because their position doesnt alway afford the luxury of being absent that day. Its the career path they chose and it sucks, as it should suck for Clay too.

The military is a hell of a lot more important than an NFL game. Missing child birth to play a child's game doesn't make sense. The fans can live without you. If you're in active combat that's obviously far more important than a freaking football game. As far as other government positions, I'm not sure what you mean. I'm pretty darn sure all of our senators get time off for the birth of their children. NFL players shouldn't morally earn more than a solider anyways, so I don't get the point. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Clay's career path is quite fortunate for him. He makes millions of dollars and has a strong union that will make it easy for him to attend the births of his children and not have his job at risk.

He's got a great situation and takes advantage of the perks his profession provides. I bet most of us wish we had the same good fortune.

I leave work to see a 15 minute silly school play or something like it. If you have children and don't understand how important those moments can be for parents and children alike, I feel sorry for you.

The military is a hell of a lot more important than an NFL game. Missing child birth to play a child's game doesn't make sense. The fans can live without you. If you're in active combat that's obviously far more important than a freaking football game. As far as other government positions, I'm not sure what you mean. I'm pretty darn sure all of our senators get time off for the birth of their children. NFL players shouldn't morally earn more than a solider anyways, so I don't get the point.

It's actually a game for adults, very exceptional ones. What other professions do is irrelevant, he has this luxury, I don't blame him for using it. We're not making the playoffs anyway, come on.

Clay's career path is quite fortunate for him. He makes millions of dollars and has a strong union that will make it easy for him to attend the births of his children and not have his job at risk.

He's got a great situation and takes advantage of the perks his profession provides. I bet most of us wish we had the same good fortune.

I leave work to see a 15 minute silly school play or something like it. If you have children and don't understand how important those moments can be for parents and children alike, I feel sorry for you.

It's actually a game for adults, very exceptional ones. What other professions do is irrelevant, he has this luxury, I don't blame him for using it. We're not making the playoffs anyway, come on.

I agree with you, I obviously love football, but football is a game played by youth. If you get to play it as adult you are highly skilled and fortunate. It IS a kids game that some skilled adults have the fortune of playing. My point is that it's not that important in the grand scheme of things. It's entertainment. My point was that a football game isn't important enough to miss the birth of your child. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I agree with you, I obviously love football, but football is a game played by youth. If you get to play it as adult you are highly skilled and fortunate. It IS a kids game that some skilled adults have the fortune of playing. My point is that it's not that important in the grand scheme of things. It's entertainment.

I apologize, I misread your original post and thought you were criticizing Clay for missing the game. Sorry

As someone who has 5 kids and never had one at a hospital I can tell you one thing I learned........your kids don't remember if you delivered them let alone if you were there. :lol:

The PC crowd of today thinks they got it all figured out......gotta' be there at all cost for childbirth (in truth for their own selfish gratification)..........then they herd their kids off to a toxic environment where everyone around them is the same age called school and wonder why their kids get depressed and start abusing drugs.

Those of you that think you are PC are going to find out that it's a temporary state.........what's acceptable is constantly evolving.

IMO Charles should risk missing the birth that he and his baby momma obviously terribly, unaccountably planned........and do the job you are paid to do 16 days per year and take that generational wealth you are earning and be there for the parts that actually MATTER to the life of your child. :thumbsup:

I sincerely hope this is not serious. I'm usually very good at sarcasm detection but this one is throwing me off.

Yeah god forbid something happens during birth and you a playing a freaking game

God forbid something happens and you are there for that matter.

You can't live life in a bubble. Complications happen at any time in pregnancy. Sucks either way. Chances are pretty good you will be at your job when it happens.

You've told us that you are posting here because the job you choose to do keeps you away from family.

We all make choices.

Yes Army. Reference the deployment I used to as an example of a more important situation than a freaking football game.

Also should know how much is also invested in an individual Soldier, Marine, Airman, Seaman (lol) as wel. Granted it is not as much as a contract some of these football players make.

But at the end of the day, just like my deployment, a CEO of a company, a fast food worker, etc it is a Job. And for a guy with a skill set of Clay a job that if Bills fired him would get hired again.

That is the point I was trying to make not shoving my Service at people. Sorry if I came off like that or offended. Sorry Sir if I did cause though I have no idea what your do you obviously out rank me.

Taking a break and baking some Brownies for my wife

Much respect Bobby for you and the Army. It's tough to tell from "text", but it's all a light hearted discussion. I hope the brownies are good!

I sincerely hope this is not serious. I'm usually very good at sarcasm detection but this one is throwing me off.

Please bless us with your logic.

Should we give the president a day off? :lol:

The Pegula family is unfortunately getting a really good education wrt WHY you don't give NFL players overly guaranteed contracts like they gave Clay and Dareus.

When you prepay for things you run the risk of getting sloppy work in return.

Please bless us with your logic.

Should we give the president a day off? :lol:

The Pegula family is unfortunately getting a really good education wrt WHY you don't give NFL players overly guaranteed contracts like they gave Clay and Dareus.

When you prepay for things you run the risk of getting sloppy work in return.

Travis Henry missed half a season for his children's deliveries.

I don't recall Travis Henry missing games??? How many of those births do you think he attended or even knew about prior?

haha, thinking along the same lines.

Exaclty the guy is married. It's not like he has a choice. Maybe some of you are more Antonio Cromartie, Adrian Peterson fans. They don't even know who the kids are.

Yep, women are unreasonable. You guys crack me up. Do any of you get laid anymore. :lol:

Also, I think you'd be surprised how many birthdays these guys get too.......especially the first one.

It's when the newness wears off.........that's when it's hard to make the other 6500 or so days that it takes to get them to 18.