We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tyrod earned his extension with the TD drive late. He did play well the entire game. You see what a difference Watkins makes. Our offense is clearly not the problem. The alternatives are awful. He grew up a lot over the last few games. He was terrific this game. There are a LOT of things he needs to get better in to be a top tier QB but those are so tough to find that we can't afford to lose him. Keep him, groom Cardale, take a chance on another developmental guy in the 4th or 5th round that has all the physical tools to be the number 3.

I think Tyrod earned his extension with the TD drive late. He did play well the entire game. You see what a difference Watkins makes. Our offense is clearly not the problem. The alternatives are awful. He grew up a lot over the last few games. He was terrific this game. There are a LOT of things he needs to get better in to be a top tier QB but those are so tough to find that we can't afford to lose him. Keep him, groom Cardale, take a chance on another developmental guy in the 4th or 5th round that has all the physical tools to be the number 3.

The signs are all there that Tyrod did not play as well this year overall....the problem is finding a viable replacement to him and this offense that scores points. I still maintain that the identiy of this team was supposed to be:

- Suffocating D

- Run the Ball

- Ball security

And this offense is giving us far more then we expected it to...the defense FAR LESS then it is supposed to.

No need to create a hole when we already have problem in another area of the team.

I've said it all year and even last year.

If this defense played up to its potential we'd be a playoff team hands down.

The defense took immense step backs with Rex.

And i have said it all year and last year if the defense played like it has Bills are a playoff team with a QB.

How is Oakland looking with their bad Defense and poor running game and their 2nd round QB pulling the trigger?

The signs are all there that Tyrod did not play as well this year overall....the problem is finding a viable replacement to him and this offense that scores points. I still maintain that the identiy of this team was supposed to be:

- Suffocating D

- Run the Ball

- Ball security

And this offense is giving us far more then we expected it to...the defense FAR LESS then it is supposed to.

No need to create a hole when we already have problem in another area of the team.

A voice of reason amongst the crowd. Thank you.

- Suffocating D

- Run the Ball

- Ball security

And when the defense didn't turn out to be suffocating (only been a few throughout history) the QB was unable to up his game enough to win enough games.

And when the defense didn't turn out to be suffocating (only been a few throughout history) the QB was unable to up his game enough to win enough games.

you're blaming the QB for not covering up the defenses shortcomings? Come on. That's sounds a bit unfair to TT.

That is not the point....that is not the identify of the team

Just because the one thing your hanging your hat on fails does not automatically mean another part should pick up the slack...it doesnt work that way

Proud of the guy today. Body of work is still subpar for what I want to pay a QB for but, damn, that guy impressed me today.

He showed me something I wasn't sure he had, a backbone when the **** hits the fan. If he can put 10-12 games a year together similar to that and we find a defensive coach that can actually coach his way out of a paper bag, we'll be okay.

Leaning more towards being okay with that option. Maybe I'm just a bit drunk but I gained a ton of respect for him today.

#1 - the going rate for QB will be pushing $25 mil/yr...(carr, cousins, luck, romo, flacco, palmer, ryan , Stafford)

#2 - tyrod's deal averages about $17 mil/yr cap hit which would make him the 20th highest paid qb in 2017.

#3 - his contract is team friendly with very low dead money after every single season.

#4 - keep tyrod until you are absolutely sure you have someone better already on team. don't cut him and go hoping, wishing.

#5 - get healthy (wr, rb, c), upgrade RT, add a WR and watch TT return to alternate pro bowl level.

Agree.

I've been fine with the option not because I think TT is great but I don't like the other options. I think that he's an okay NFL starter and as sad as it sounds, that's hard to find.

The offense is really moving the ball at the moment. 589 yards and 31 points against a red hot Miami team is nothing to sneeze at. I have no idea what's happened to the defense. They are just getting shredded and are in disarray. Hopefully that can be fixed.

If we got that Tyrod and the Seattle Tyrod every week the option is a non brainer.

We don't and so it remainds a close call for me. I stay 60/40 against.

That's fair on its face. But who can they get, that is a known quantity, who is better? FA QB's are not better. Romo is not available as of now if he ever will be, and he's been injured the past few seasons and missed major time. They will need to draft a QB in either case. So in that case, for me, keep Tyrod. We know he can make the throws. We just have to hope he can get consistent.

Proud of the guy today. Body of work is still subpar for what I want to pay a QB for but, damn, that guy impressed me today.

He showed me something I wasn't sure he had, a backbone when the **** hits the fan. If he can put 10-12 games a year together similar to that and we find a defensive coach that can actually coach his way out of a paper bag, we'll be okay.

Leaning more towards being okay with that option. Maybe I'm just a bit drunk but I gained a ton of respect for him today.

Agreed. Cardale won't be ready, EJ won't be here, free agents look so-so. Not seeing a better choice right now. The offensive nucleus will be here next year and we either keep or replace woods and Goodwin. All we have to do is fix the holes on defense and we are still ready to make a run. Theoretically of course.