We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If you want to easily replace a QB then Romo is the best choice.

Speaking for this year, if Romo were the Bills QB and had stayed healthy, IMO he would have in the neighborhood of 3500 yards and 25- 30 TDs through 11 games. I know the what ifs. I wouldn't want Romo because I think he is one hit away from a wheelchair.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He throws. Ours feels Ghost Pressure and runs for 3 yards on 3rd and 7

People on here really hate Tyrod so much that they would want wentz???? I mean I am not high on Tyrod but wentz???

Wentz - 2600 yards, 63% completion percentage, 11 tds, 8 INTs, 9 fumbles, 83 rating and his team is 5-6

Taylor - 2100 yards, 62% completion percentage, 11tds, 4 INTs, 1 fumble, 88 rating and his team is 6-5 (and add 500 rushing yards)

Yeaaaaaaaaaa....sign me up for wentz???? Lol

Speaking for this year, if Romo were the Bills QB and had stayed healthy, IMO he would have in the neighborhood of 3500 yards and 25- 30 TDs through 11 games. I know the what ifs. I wouldn't want Romo because I think he is one hit away from a wheelchair.

So he would basically have the same production as Drew Brees playing without Sammy Watkins for 8 games?

To extrapolate it out, simply plugging Romo into the Bills offense would have produced a 5,090 yard season and roughly 40 TDs? In other words the 6th highest single season yardage total in NFL history and a top 11 all-time single season TD total. That is what we should have expected if Romo was our QB and Watkins missed half of the season?

Wentz is a rookie for God's sake. He's played what 10 games? Its not about the numbers, which aren't that different, its about ability. Tyrod just cant do the things bigger guys with bigger arms can do. Its impossible. Just watch him play, its night and day.

Edited by jeffhcb1

People on here really hate Tyrod so much that they would want wentz???? I mean I am not high on Tyrod but wentz???

Wentz - 2600 yards, 63% completion percentage, 11 tds, 8 INTs, 9 fumbles, 83 rating and his team is 5-6

Taylor - 2100 yards, 62% completion percentage, 11tds, 4 INTs, 1 fumble, 88 rating and his team is 6-5 (and add 500 rushing yards)

Yeaaaaaaaaaa....sign me up for wentz???? Lol

Rookie vs 6 year pro

Upside vs at ceiling

And stats very similar as well.

Wentz doesn't have nearly the Running game to hide behind like Tyrod does

Edited by MAJBobby

Rookie vs 6 year pro

Upside vs at ceiling

And stats very similar as well.

Wentz doesn't have nearly the Running game to hide behind like Tyrod does

My point was that their stats are similar - even though some are saying wentz is a better QB - averaging less than 50 yards a game more than Tyrod yet having more than 10 more turnovers, no thanks

Tyrod isn't a 6 year starter - he's got almost a year more experience but plays on a run heavy team

You guys are too funny

You guys here turn me into a Tyrod supporter when in reality I am down on him - just realistic about our other options

Edited by PaattMaann

Wentz would be busy doing the Zeke "eat" move if he had shady running it down everyone's throats

Wentz is a rookie for God's sake. He's played what 10 games? Its not about the numbers, which aren't that different, its about ability. Tyrod just cant do the things bigger guys with bigger arms can do. Its impossible. Just watch him play, its night and day.

Yep. Wentz all day

Got no choice Tyrod is still the best option we have and had in a long time, and there won't be anything better in FA or trade

only a fool would let him walk and roll the dice on a different QB...

We can still draft and groom but we need Tyrod till the next QB is truly ready to take over

My point was that their stats are similar - even though some are saying wentz is a better QB - averaging less than 50 yards a game more than Tyrod yet having more than 10 more turnovers, no thanks

Tyrod isn't a 6 year starter - he's got almost a year more experience but plays on a run heavy team

You guys are too funny

You guys here turn me into a Tyrod supporter when in reality I am down on him - just realistic about our other options

Fact

6 year Pro vs Rookie

Write a scouting report on Tyrod (objectively) and it is the same scouting report he had coming out of the draft.

6 years in, 6 years in NFL film room, 6 years on Practice field., 6 years worth of OTAs, 6 years of Mini Camps, 6 years of training camps, 6 years of preseason football and still the same scouting report as college.

So again

6 years vs Rookie

Upside vs Ceiling

Also maybe post the correct Stats for Wentz he has 2 fumbles lost

Edited by MAJBobby

Where was your voice when the pats were blowing us out and Tyrod was pooping his pants ? Take the Trump talk to PPP bruh Draft and pray works for me. Romo would be the dream scenario really. Trubisky/Watson/Rudolph could get us 166 yards passing too

McCoy is the engine. Qb can be replaced easily.

hahaha you write this snide, slanderous remark and your solution is 'draft and pray' or ROMO would be a dream scenario. I'm glad you were able to discredit your argument in two sentences.

hahaha you write this snide, slanderous remark and your solution is 'draft and pray' or ROMO would be a dream scenario. I'm glad you were able to discredit your argument in two sentences.

You're disqualified from this convo.

We saw your blind Tyrod takes in the last Tyrod thread. The one where you fight w facts.

Go ahead and fight with math again. Tyrod will hold the ball long enough for you to think of more excuses

Edited by Ryan L Billz

#1 - the going rate for QB will be pushing $25 mil/yr...(carr, cousins, luck, romo, flacco, palmer, ryan , Stafford)

#2 - tyrod's deal averages about $17 mil/yr cap hit which would make him the 20th highest paid qb in 2017.

#3 - his contract is team friendly with very low dead money after every single season.

#4 - keep tyrod until you are absolutely sure you have someone better already on team. don't cut him and go hoping, wishing.

#5 - get healthy (wr, rb, c), upgrade RT, add a WR and watch TT return to alternate pro bowl level.

#4. Agreed 100 percent. Everyone wants to get rid of him, but no one has a realistic option to get someone better than him

Not drafting a QB, ex the Manuel disaster, over the past decade has come back to bite this team in the A$$. The only question to me is, does your QB give you a chance to beat winning teams, win playoff games and win a Superbowl. So far, there is no evidence Tyrod can do that. So we pay him $27 mil? That's ludicrous. But they will end up doing it, because they will blame the injuries on receivers for his lost production. There really is no other option, I get it. But I would rather draft 2 QBs next year and go with the better one. There are several rookie QBs starting right now, and they all have better stats than Tyrod. In yards per attempt, which many argue is the most important stat for a QB, he's near the bottom of the league. I don't dislike the guy. I just wish he were better, bigger and could see down the field and fire the ball to open guys. We'll see Sunday if they can beat a winning team. My guess is no.

also if you listen to GR, they bring up the point that he has the second most time to throw the ball in the entire NFL! And he gets sacked second most! How does that make sense? He cant see the field and doesn't have the range to throw, and hence holds onto the ball.

Tyrod is the best option for now

As for some clamorng for Cutler or Romo. Whaley isn't that dumb. He would demand not only a walker but a wheelchair in any trade for aging, injury prone, choke artists.

End of thread. More need not be said at this time.

also if you listen to GR, they bring up the point that he has the second most time to throw the ball in the entire NFL! And he gets sacked second most! How does that make sense? He cant see the field and doesn't have the range to throw, and hence holds onto the ball.

Part of the reason that he has the 2nd most time to throw the ball is because he keeps plays alive and makes the 1st guy miss. That also adds to the sack total. It works both ways. Big Ben was often the same way (so was Romo ironically). Those guys would keep plays alive for an extended period of time.

End of thread. More need not be said at this time.

Not true I can get MUCH better passing production from Hoyer (enough to offset the Pick increase). At a much cheaper cap hit (I can then use space to improve team).

He can be my caretaker until my newly drafted top QB ready to go.

Only thing I do get is a bit of a INJ risk

Part of the reason that he has the 2nd most time to throw the ball is because he keeps plays alive and makes the 1st guy miss. That also adds to the sack total. It works both ways. Big Ben was often the same way (so was Romo ironically). Those guys would keep plays alive for an extended period of time.

That's true and part of it but an also big part is he hardly ever gets the Ball out on time.

Now some of that also is because WR haven't gained separation at times, but a lot of time the throw is there to be made he just double clutches and triple hitches and just doesn't throw

Here is another "look there is no alternative" type thread. And there is. There is an alternative and I have articulated what an alternative approach might look like a couple of times now on this forum.

I am not In Ryan L Billz territory either... I don't think Tyrod sucks, I don't think EJ Manuel was screwed, and I don't think you could just plug Cardale Jones in at this stage and expect to get the same production. But you know what, with every one of these "there is no alternative" type threads I do begin to believe that he is right about Tyrod fandom being "cultish." I just see too much inconsistency, too much bailing clean pockets, too many wide open receivers ignored to be looking at this Quarterback as anything more than a game manager with some wheels.

I accept his is going to be our Quarterback next year and I agree with Kirby that this is not a debate at OBD. But I wonder whether it would be a debate at OBD if it were purely left to the front office to decide it - because the biggest Tyrod Taylor flag waiver in the organisation is the Head Football Coach. The only way Tyrod is not our QB next year is a 4 game slump to end 6-10 looking bad doing it because my strong suspicion is that without Rex this would be a debate the organisation would be having.

MAJBobby has already made the point about people misreading the dead money on the contract for me but let me just be clear. People go on about the $27.5m that Tyrod will be due next season. If he is on the roster on the 3rd day of the league year then over the next two years $40.5m actually becomes guaranteed. The spotrac site and over the cap etc show the dead money as if that money is not guaranteed because at the moment it isn't but if he is on the roster on the 3rd day of 2017 it will be and then the dead money for getting out at the end of 2017 is roughly $25.5m (made up of a $13m fully guaranteed 2018 base salary and $12.4m of the remaining unpaid but fully guaranteed option bonus). Cutting him after 2018 would make the dead cap $9.3m, then after 2019 $6.2m until finally cutting him after 2020 would cost $3.1m in dead cap.

Make no mistake if we roll with Tyrod on this contract in 2017 we are tied in to him for a minimum of 2 years and at a salary where your Quarterback really has to be more than a complimentary piece in an offense. You can talk all you want about how many starters would be paid less than him... but how many paid like starters are asked to do less than him?

I am not a Tyrod hater and nothing frustrates me as much as being called one. I am just someone who watches the games and looks at those numbers and thinks about the 2 or 3 other contributors that will cost us and asks - Is this Quarterback worth that in respect of making enough of a difference in wins and losses?

I have said before if Seattle Tyrod turns up every week count me in, but if we get Seattle Tyrod, followed by Cincy Tyrod, followed by 1st half Jax Tyrod, followed by 2nd half Jax Tyrod..... I don't want to pay him like a starter. Because that level of consistency is what Jeff Fisher might call "8 and 8 bull ****".