Guys, these posts have to stop

A football forum is a perfectly fine place to debate the legitimacy of assertions.

For example- Fact: the bills defense is 10th in yards allowed against their schedule thus far.

Opinions:

- That means they are awesome at defense. Elite ryan twins rule

- that means they are such a tire fire, it takes less yards to run up the score on these dicktards than most of the league. Blow it up.

-that means 50 different other things in between which all may or may not be true

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL PLAYS AGAINST S****Y TEAMS. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL FARES BETTER AGAINST S****Y TEAMS THAN THEY DO AGAINST GOOD TEAMS. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL GETS AND GIVES UP GARBAGE TIME YARDS/POINTS SOMETIMES. NO TEAMS MORE THAN OTHERS.

Counterpoint:

Browns.

Every message board has turned into this. Just a disrespectful know it all attitude. No real intellectual discussion. Sort of like a fox news if you will...

Exactly. This is exactly the point I was trying to make. I didn't even mean that people necessarily skew numbers negatively per se- often times they do it in the other direction too. All I was saying is that for Christ's sake, the Bills have the 10th ranked defense in the NFL. I don't think they're going to make the playoffs, I'm not sold on Tryod Taylor, etc.- I'm just saying they have the 10th ranked defense and that's it.

The Bills have the #10 defense, Tyrod is 12th in QBR, and Lorenzo Alexander is a better pass rusher than Khalil Mack.

Also from the Land of Make Believe, the Bills Superbowl chances are still alive.

Tune in tomorrow to see just how big this mirage can get.

Dude what are you talking about? I never said the Bills are going to make the playoffs, I never even said they have the 10th "best" defense. I just said that their being ranked 10th is legitimate. When I see a post breaking down the 9th and 11th ranked defenses' schedules and different games to de-legitimize their ranking, wake me up. Some of your guys' reading comprehension is very poor.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

He is not a Bills hater or even a football fan; he is a baseball fan and because there are no good baseball boards so he trolls here hoping SDS will create one.

That explains alot. Probably should stick to baseball and listen when it comes to football.

As long as we leave Rachel Maddow out of this. She's hot and I love her.

Megyn Kelly is hot, Tucker Carlson well I can't use the words to describe him and O'Reilly on this board.

I understand the attempts to dig into metrics like 10th ranked defense a bit further. That was one of the reasons for my ranking the defense thread. 10th overall in yards, 12th overall in points but struggling on 3rd down... I think you start to get a truer picture.

I agree more with Metz on the "if they hadn't have had Shady's 75 yard run then the numbers say x..." type posts. That is a running game sometimes. You stay patient even when it is not going at 4 or 5 yards a clip and eventually you break one. Taking that one away makes no sense because that run didn't happen in a vaccuum it happened in a game where you had kept trying to run it.

Guys, these posts HAVE to stop once and for all. We've all seen em. Some harmless guy starts a thread about how the Bills are now the 10th ranked defense, WHICH THEY ARE, and then predictably, the "yeah buts" begin. This idea that, "well we only beat these teams" and "yeah ok but this guy's stats were in garbage time" or my favorite, "well if you take out this game or that pass..." is beyond idiotic.

EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL PLAYS AGAINST S****Y TEAMS. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL FARES BETTER AGAINST S****Y TEAMS THAN THEY DO AGAINST GOOD TEAMS. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL GETS AND GIVES UP GARBAGE TIME YARDS/POINTS SOMETIMES. NO TEAMS MORE THAN OTHERS. IT ALL BALANCES OUT.

They are what their record is; they are what their stats are- the team as well as the individuals. Are there certain outlier situations like a team does worse against the pass because they're always up in games? Or all Blake Bortles' garbage time numbers last year? Sure. But every year, it's the same thing with you guys: well sure we're ranked this but we're really more like that because of this. Just stop. The Bills are just like every other team. They're not some special team whose circumstances are radically different from every other teams' every single season.

Thank you.

yep 8 - 8 forever

Guys, these posts HAVE to stop once and for all. We've all seen em. Some harmless guy starts a thread about how the Bills are now the 10th ranked defense, WHICH THEY ARE, and then predictably, the "yeah buts" begin. This idea that, "well we only beat these teams" and "yeah ok but this guy's stats were in garbage time" or my favorite, "well if you take out this game or that pass..." is beyond idiotic.

EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL PLAYS AGAINST S****Y TEAMS. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL FARES BETTER AGAINST S****Y TEAMS THAN THEY DO AGAINST GOOD TEAMS. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL GETS AND GIVES UP GARBAGE TIME YARDS/POINTS SOMETIMES. NO TEAMS MORE THAN OTHERS. IT ALL BALANCES OUT.

They are what their record is; they are what their stats are- the team as well as the individuals. Are there certain outlier situations like a team does worse against the pass because they're always up in games? Or all Blake Bortles' garbage time numbers last year? Sure. But every year, it's the same thing with you guys: well sure we're ranked this but we're really more like that because of this. Just stop. The Bills are just like every other team. They're not some special team whose circumstances are radically different from every other teams' every single season.

Thank you.

So, you don't like it and therefore it should stop?

Honestly, what should stop are all the "__________ should stop" threads. With maybe trolling being the one exception that really should stop;

Actually it was a very good throw and one hell of a savy display by Sammy as well

It was an OK throw. Best thing about it was the decision to throw it.

A great throw would either have hit him in stride or been a back shoulder throw to make the DB run right past. That throw required some brilliant physical play by Sammy.

Good decision to throw, though, very good.

Can you please stop with your bigotry? This thread title is very triggering as it excludes gals, transgenders, non-binaries and fish-people. Your cisgender male privilege is showing. :thumbdown:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Just because people take issue with the BS metric who cares. Yards allowed is a BS metric.

I don't think it's BS. Rather, it's an umbrella stat that doesn't tell you much on a week-to-week basis or anything much in terms of situational success. However, over a full season the stat DEFIFNITELY separates the wheat from the chaff. A challenge for you: look at that teams that finished #1 and #2 in yards allowed over the past 20 seasons and tell me if you think any of those defenses were weak/mediocre. You'll find a lot of Steelers, Seahawks, Ravens, etc. It's all on www.pro-football-reference.com .

I don't think it's BS. Rather, it's an umbrella stat that doesn't tell you much on a week-to-week basis or anything much in terms of situational success. However, over a full season the stat DEFIFNITELY separates the wheat from the chaff. A challenge for you: look at that teams that finished #1 and #2 in yards allowed over the past 20 seasons and tell me if you think any of those defenses were weak/mediocre. You'll find a lot of Steelers, Seahawks, Ravens, etc. It's all on www.pro-football-reference.com .

Also looke that their PPG total. Of those good defenses. Again not really the stat to look T IMO of telling a good defense.

I don't agree that posts have to stop as it represents different viewpoints on an issue. I'm not sure what the 10th ranked defense really means, but I will say we are in every game (except the second Patriots game) until the sometimes bitter and sometimes sweet end. We've played some pretty good teams evenly and some bad teams poorly and are still above .500. I'm not sure what you guys think, but it seems to me we have played very well on the road this year. I'm with the Bills until there is no chance and hopeful this year will break the ice. Bring on the big bad Raiders!

Thank you.