christmas gift ideas for my wife

Howard

Hi everyone. Were still down in Arizona as full timers and Roger checks on our house every week keeping things in order. Shirl is doing well and has a club where she works out each Thursday. Howard is still doing good too. He loves the dryer climate and for a saint bernard he stays pretty calm. He misses the snow thou and we hope to travel back for christmas maybe. The guys at my old post office have a party every year and they always invite us so we might take the drive back for fun and laughs.

I dont ask advice much but is there something you guys are getting your brides for the holiday. I have given Shirl so much in our 56 years together I'm not sure what else I should do. Mix masters are nice. I was also thinking about a Magnavox flat screen tv (it's like out projection tv but newer). I was also thinking of having a company come in and take the plastic covering off our couch and maybe dry clean it and attach a cover. I have alot of ideas but need some help on what might be the best gift for a great wife and a sweet lady.

Thanks men

Howard (S. Buffalo, USPS ID# 241)

My wife banned me from buying her gifts this year. We don't need anything, and we're about to buy some rooms of furniture (gave some to the kids). So I bought myself some stuff. Looking forward to Kathleen Madigan January 7. Now, what else do I want????

Edited by Augie

My wife banned me from buying her gifts this year. We don't need anything, and we're about to buy some rooms of furniture (gave some to the kids). So I bought myself some stuff. Looking forward to Kathleen Madigan gJanuary 7. Now, what else do I want????

congrats

I WOULD NEVer tell my lady she has a fat butt. Sometimes she wears a parasail under her skirt and it makes her look big but it really isn't...she has always worn it since when she went to School 43 in Buffalo.

I was going to buy her a new closet organizer but not sure if she knows how to install it. Will she be able to follow the directions?

H

Seems like every woman (and man for that matter) wants a Fatbut, or fitbot, or a flatbet...or whatever they're called.

It's Fatbutts they have, and Fitbits they need. Get that straight, and you can still get in trouble!

Well, you could get her one a them fancy new bluetooth irons? Y'know, those ones that you can turn on right from your smart phone from anywhere in the house. That way, it would make it a lot easier for her to have your slacks and shirt ready for when you guys go out to dinner. Women love gifts like that.

I got my soon-to-be wife a grill for XMass a couple months before we were married. I slipped out with a handy friend, leaving my wife behind with my parents, while we went to put it together. Hours passed. Beer was involved. I had to explain that until the end of time she would not have to worry about cooking anything grilled, and I had to grill a LOT. I now cook every night but XMas and Thanksgiving.

My wife banned me from buying her gifts this year. We don't need anything, and we're about to buy some rooms of furniture (gave some to the kids). So I bought myself some stuff. Looking forward to Kathleen Madigan January 7. Now, what else do I want????

Wife always says we are not going to exchange gifts, and then buys me a lot of stuff. She is VERY hard to buy for, so I get a lot of gift cards:favorite stores or restaurants, or salon (she likes getting a facial sometimes).

I also fill a stocking for her with some silly and some practical things.

I spend a lot of time getting or making the "right" card.

We have four adult children, three sons-in-law, and eight grandchildren, so buying a lot of things for each other seems silly.

I am happy if we put up a real tree and all the kids can make it home on Christmas Day.

I am babbling again. What was the question? Maybe I will put ear plugs in her stocking. 0:)

Hi everyone. Were still down in Arizona as full timers and Roger checks on our house every week keeping things in order. Shirl is doing well and has a club where she works out each Thursday. Howard is still doing good too. He loves the dryer climate and for a saint bernard he stays pretty calm. He misses the snow thou and we hope to travel back for christmas maybe. The guys at my old post office have a party every year and they always invite us so we might take the drive back for fun and laughs.

I dont ask advice much but is there something you guys are getting your brides for the holiday. I have given Shirl so much in our 56 years together I'm not sure what else I should do. Mix masters are nice. I was also thinking about a Magnavox flat screen tv (it's like out projection tv but newer). I was also thinking of having a company come in and take the plastic covering off our couch and maybe dry clean it and attach a cover. I have alot of ideas but need some help on what might be the best gift for a great wife and a sweet lady.

Thanks men

I was actually going to post the same question and clicked as soon as I read the topic, unfortunately it's from Howard. I am thinking there maybe 1 or 2 legitimate posts, from a couple posters that aren't aware of good old Howard and Shirl, but too many other sarcastic ones to weed through.

That being said, a new dishwasher or oven might go over well....

And now you see why I wanted to post this topic!

Edited by ricojes

Any time someone asks for a Christmas idea, it makes me think of one of my favorite movie quotes.

"You know what I'm going to get you for Christmas, Mom? A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it."

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Thanks men

If she is into fitness get her an exercise ball.

0b26e00a-99fd-41c7-8552-71c4e797c663_1.5

She can work out at home when she can't get to the club on Thursday. And you like balls right? So it's a win-win.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and ideas. I just took Howard to Petsmart and he is all brushed and washed so thats one item I can check off my list of things today. Have any of you guys found out how busy you are when retired. I am doing more things now adays then when I was sorting at 5am at LaFayette Square. I found one other thing she really liked and I bought it at Walgreens. It's a sparkle machine for the front of our unit and it makes all kinds of green dots and lights on our front condo. Anyway, I want to get her more things and then I can order something for my son Roger and his wife Karen.

I see that that punk Spagnulo got in to my writing here so he must like old men or something. There were some guys on my route back in my day that would say things to me because Im a little shorter than others. I don't think he would want to find out how that insident ended. Being how Im 83 now and don't hide behind a computing machine all day he must find this funny. But I can promise you all that if Spagnulo ever wanted to meet up some time his words would be choosen more carefully. Young men and women dont seem to understand the type of repect a man like me is owed for the way I supported him and others for 60 years or more. To bring my wife into this thread like that and saying how she might want balls is a typical street punk that i have taken care of many times. I thought I blocked him before but maybe my account has a fly that is screwed up.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and ideas. I just took Howard to Petsmart and he is all brushed and washed so thats one item I can check off my list of things today. Have any of you guys found out how busy you are when retired. I am doing more things now adays then when I was sorting at 5am at LaFayette Square. I found one other thing she really liked and I bought it at Walgreens. It's a sparkle machine for the front of our unit and it makes all kinds of green dots and lights on our front condo. Anyway, I want to get her more things and then I can order something for my son Roger and his wife Karen.

I see that that punk Spagnulo got in to my writing here so he must like old men or something. There were some guys on my route back in my day that would say things to me because Im a little shorter than others. I don't think he would want to find out how that insident ended. Being how Im 83 now and don't hide behind a computing machine all day he must find this funny. But I can promise you all that if Spagnulo ever wanted to meet up some time his words would be choosen more carefully. Young men and women dont seem to understand the type of repect a man like me is owed for the way I supported him and others for 60 years or more. To bring my wife into this thread like that and saying how she might want balls is a typical street punk that i have taken care of many times. I thought I blocked him before but maybe my account has a fly that is screwed up.

Your eyes must be going like your marbles is going old man. I didn't say nuthin disrespectful for your wife. I wouldn't do that given what she must have had to put up with in her day. I said she might like an exercise ball to exercise with.

Things that go through your dirty old mind when you think of balls are things you should keep to yourself with your mouth shut pervert. Other people in this topic put in very many disgusting things about gifts for your wife if you didn't notice. You were to busy thinking about balls. Again. Tell Shirl I would never say nuthin mean about her. And it don't matter if you are 5'3" or 6'10" to me because you'll always be short. Short work.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.