Seantrel Henderson suspended another 10 games

YoloinOhio

Let me guess, 60 something, white and voted for Trump?

lold

I have a lot of free time

always appreciate when you are forthright and honest.

The reason this is such an issue for some is not the Cannabis.

it's the locked in mindset that our Government and big money USA perpetuated for all these years. That's the real fight.

Whether fully realized or not by the populous/

Don't tread on me!!

Don't fence me in !

That is the American spirit.

Like you said, and rightfully so. Granny Clampett did wonders from a walk in the woods gathering.

and my kids are the ones learning all that crap to force me into gooder health.

Some of us are against the accumulation of idiots and knuckleheads on board but I do not see that happening.

If he gets away with it a whole industry of doctors giving NFL prescriptions for all sorts of drugs will appear.

If the NFL players want to have option to toke then they need to push NFLPA and not to do it piece meal.

Has anyone noted when the next contract negotiation is up ?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lold

always appreciate when you are forthright and honest.

The reason this is such an issue for some is not the Cannabis.

it's the locked in mindset that our Government and big money USA perpetuated for all these years. That's the real fight.

Whether fully realized or not by the populous/

Don't tread on me!!

Don't fence me in !

That is the American spirit.

Like you said, and rightfully so. Granny Clampett did wonders from a walk in the woods gathering.

and my kids are the ones learning all that crap to force me into gooder health.

Has anyone noted when the next contract negotiation is up ?

honesty... I had a stomach issue and was in the john a lot that evening. Free time

honesty... I had a stomach issue and was in the john a lot that evening. Free time

interesting, because you are often full of it.

Nothing wrong with a good purge

Thanks for catching us up ! That almost looks like the NFLPA has some leverage?

I really hope weed is not something they want to trade off for.

Its a job these guys get paid well for. Playing in the NFL. We all make life choices

Edited by 3rdand12

interesting, because you are often full of it.

Nothing wrong with a good purge

Thanks for catching us up ! That almost looks like the NFLPA has some leverage?

I really hope weed is not something they want to trade off for.

Its a job these guys get paid well for. Playing in the NFL. We all make life choices

tne NFLPA will never push for reducing penalties for weed. When and if they do, and when they give up so much to get the NFL to do it... The league will lose fans as quick as can be

tne NFLPA will never push for reducing penalties for weed. When and if they do, and when they give up so much to get the NFL to do it... The league will lose fans as quick as can be

The league would lose fans if the players had access to weed ?

They would lose who exactly ? One guy in NC ? You and koolaids marijuana assault is funny stuff.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I might think veteran and retiree health care should be on the forefront

Gupta has since come out against marijuana until more studies are done saying the new strength of marijuana is much more potent than 30 yrs ago and people don't understand that. He was quoted as saying he was concerned about the long term effects on the brain. He states that it should not be used by young people but he is now clearly in the camp believing it to be medicine. Go to CNN.COM and watch WEED, WEED 2, and WEED 3 by Gupta if you have any doubts.

Just thought that was relevant because other than being some douche on CNN that is no different than Dr Phil or that Dr who was with Adam corolla on love line. Bam Gupta is a neurosurgeon. He has performed brain surgery.

Just happened to stumble upon the Late Night with Seth Meyers show with guest Sanjay Gupta last night. It was a replay of a show from a couple of weeks ago. He talks about a couple of topics we have been discussing in this thread. Check it out. It's only a few minutes long

http://www.nbc.com/late-night-with-seth-meyers/video/dr-sanjay-gupta-thinks-denying-patients-medicinal-marijuana-is-immoral/3426451

Edited by Bob in Mich

Obviously me, it's my post, my opinion. You get how this whole thing works , don't you?

The league could say what they do in their own personal lives is their business as long as it is not affecting the play on the field and respect a little thing called liberty

My father has Crohn's disease. Has for 10 years. I can assure you marijuana isn't the only way to cope with the disease.

I'm sure that like everything else they have a man made substance that is highly addictive, kills you liver and\or kidneys or maybe even both.

Rarely agree with BADOL but I do this time - it is their union and if it is not doing the best for the members it is time to dissolve it and form new one.

The NFLPA spends a lot of money defending those who break rules and those players who hurt other players. It has opposed mandatory safety equipment.

The NFLPA's goal is like an agent - attempting to get highest percentage since it is union's best interest not necessarily players.

They could try to hold out on issue but the players who do not have interest in this may not agree with lower percentage for that 'benefit'; same thing for getting "No Fun League" to allow players to act like clowns - all players may not agree with lower percentage for that. They need to prioritize what they want and realize this is a zero sum game and will need to give up something to get something. The NFLPA got a lot of restrictions on preseason and off season work which has caused a decrease in the quality of the game. If they wish less preseason game they will need to agree with more regular games; if they worked with NFL they could get longer schedule with more bye weeks and more recovery time in season but NFLPA is not a partner of NFL despite words.

It is not legal in ANY city - some cities/states will not prosecute but it is still federal crime and drug policy is determined by federal government despite wishes of pro pot advocates.

Actually it doesn't lawfully fall under their jurissdiction but since when do the Feds follow the law

Smoking marijuana is simply not the standard of care for this disease. Even though you provide links, they still only state 1 trial including only 11 patients. People want to call it a success, they did not meet their primary end-point of the study (which was inducing remission) was not met. And this was why it was publish in an obscure journal.

There's still years to go before claiming there's a significant clinical benefit, but to say he did it at the urging of his doctor is pure horse ****.

I am a physician and have lived with Crohn's since I was 15, including have had a total colectomy. This argument of marijuana being beneficial for Crohn's is anecdotal at best. Frankly, I think he's full of ****.

Have you ever smoked it on the medicinal level or at all. Do you enjoy those vacations the pharmaceutical industry gives you.

@AroundTheNFL

Bills OT Seantrel Henderson facing 10-game suspension for substance abuse policy violation

https://t.co/nM8wngxi8T

Sources informed of his situation say Henderson has officially been informed that he's facing a 10-game suspension for violating the NFL's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. He is appealing the ruling and a final decision on the potential suspension will be made this week.

A source added after the second suspension, "He needs cannabis. You can't take pain killers with the way his intestines are."

Henderson raised suspicions when he missed practice this week, with speculation that he was dealing with Crohn's issues. The reality is, he had a son -- Seantrel Jr. -- and was witnessing the birth.

If Henderson's suspension is finalized, he hasn't ruled out litigation to get back on the field. Either way, his status going forward is in doubt. And those teams that didn't trade for him to help solve their tackle issues are likely breathing a sigh of relief.

Have you ever smoked it on the medicinal level or at all. Do you enjoy those vacations the pharmaceutical industry gives you.

No, I have not. Because it's not the standard of care for inflammatory bowel disease.

I have never accepted any vacation from the pharmaceutical industry because that's against federal law, nor would I for ethical reasons. But, that's neither here nor there. Plants can be patented (https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/patent-basics/types-patent-applications/general-information-about-35-usc-161), so big pharma could actually make profits from cultivating marijuana, but they only invest resources into therapeutics that are efficacious.

Either way, there's a lot of confusion being spread in this thread. This is not about marijuana being beneficial for inflammatory bowel disease. That's a red herring being presented here. It's about Seantrel saying "I've got doctors telling me this is the No. 1 medicine that would help your disease", his agent saying "he needs painkillers...", and this little gem "I hadnt even been thinking about marijuana until it was brought up to me by a doctor". These are undoubtedly lies. And he smoked up knowing he would get a 10-game hit. This is just Seantrel letting his teammates down and he should be cut.

Edited by Saint Doug

This thread makes me laugh. The dude has millions of dollars on the line and he knows that he is consuming a substance that is against the law and is banned by his employer. Set aside all the debates on the medical benefits it may or may not have for his condition, HE IS VIOLATING THE RULES HIS EMPLOYER HAS SET FORTH. I very well could do my job just fine if I started the day with a fresh bloody mary right in my office, but my employer does not allow me to do that, and thus I DON'T DO IT. I have no sympathy for Seantrel Henderson or anyone that defends him.

Most test once when you get employed and then you're good to go.

Smoke em if ya got em.

no where I have worked had. And I've fired for positive tests

Hell i fired a guy for it over the summer. We were hiring him on full time and failed his pre employment. I even mentioned to him we were hiring him on a month before. Still failed. I have no sympathy. We even retested him a week later to try and he failed

No, I have not. Because it's not the standard of care for inflammatory bowel disease.

I have never accepted any vacation from the pharmaceutical industry because that's against federal law, nor would I for ethical reasons. But, that's neither here nor there. Plants can be patented (https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/patent-basics/types-patent-applications/general-information-about-35-usc-161), so big pharma could actually make profits from cultivating marijuana, but they only invest resources into therapeutics that are efficacious.

Either way, there's a lot of confusion being spread in this thread. This is not about marijuana being beneficial for inflammatory bowel disease. That's a red herring being presented here. It's about Seantrel saying "I've got doctors telling me this is the No. 1 medicine that would help your disease", his agent saying "he needs painkillers...", and this little gem "I hadnt even been thinking about marijuana until it was brought up to me by a doctor". These are undoubtedly lies. And he smoked up knowing he would get a 10-game hit. This is just Seantrel letting his teammates down and he should be cut.

It's nice to hear from a voice of reason, speaking from a background of some actual medical knowledge beyond "I saw an article on this on the internet." I had previously pointed out the careful parsing of the bolded sentence - "brought up to me by a doctor." Which could mean anything from "I saw a doctor in California who, for $50, wrote me a recommendation (not a prescription) for marijuana" to "I posted something something in a Crohn's forum and another poster (who said he/she is a doctor) mentioned marijuana." It is so lawyerly as to say nothing. (And it's really good lawyerly language, so kudos to Seantrel.)

The very small/crappy journal study people are quoting is, at most, mildly suggestive of some positive effect. It involved THC, not some of the psychoactively inert CBD compounds in cannabis, so I can't understand how this could be a truly blind study - those who got the THC got high, those who got the placebo didn't. You'll just need a more clever design to get a useful result.

And Seantrel was busted for marijuana on at least a couple occasions, apparently before he had Crohn's symptoms. So I'm not saying that marijuana doesn't help him with pain, etc., now; I don't know what works for him as he deals with a serious medical condition. But there's reason here to be skeptical, isn't there?

Lots of conspiracy theorists (pro-legal cannabis types) always bring up some notion that big pharma is lobbying against legalization because it undercuts demand for prescription pain medicine. Here's something on the other side: some researchers have been working on isolating any pain-relieving compounds in cannabis from the psychoactive (THC) content, with the idea of creating a pain management drug that doesn't have the side effect (and that's what it is!) of causing euphoria, inability to process complex information, etc. Who has opposed such efforts? The nascent pro-legalization lobby/legal cannabis industry! That should tell you something.

I think the NFL is just a tad bit different than your office. If your job entailed having 11 guys trying to beat the hell out of you every week to the point they can cripple you, you may think different. Basically their job is to do whatever they can do (within the rules) to recover from the pain they go through, but that often isn't enough.

I assume coaches aren't drug tested? If they were, I wonder how many who are ex-players would fail the tests? Could see coaches, say a guy like Ed Reed who likely has endured years of playing through pain, smoking some now after career is over to get rid of some of the never ending aches and pains. And maybe he has a prescription for it.

I'd be fine with letting players smoke from say Sunday night until Wednesday to relieve pain, but don't want them playing under the influence so would 100% test everyone on Saturday morning to make sure they are clean for the game, but have no idea if tests can be done to so time sensitive?

I very well could do my job just fine if I started the day with a fresh bloody mary right in my office, but my employer does not allow me to do that, and thus I DON'T DO IT. I have no sympathy for Seantrel Henderson or anyone that defends him.

I think the NFL is just a tad bit different than your office. If your job entailed having 11 guys trying to beat the hell out of you every week to the point they can cripple you, you may think different. Basically their job is to do whatever they can do (within the rules) to recover from the pain they go through, but that often isn't enough.

I assume coaches aren't drug tested? If they were, I wonder how many who are ex-players would fail the tests? Could see coaches, say a guy like Ed Reed who likely has endured years of playing through pain, smoking some now after career is over to get rid of some of the never ending aches and pains. And maybe he has a prescription for it.

I'd be fine with letting players smoke from say Sunday night until Wednesday to relieve pain, but don't want them playing under the influence so would 100% test everyone on Saturday morning to make sure they are clean for the game, but have no idea if tests can be done to so time sensitive?

None of this is even relevant or up for debate.

my job involves getting the hell worked out of me. Leaving me in pain. Getting trampled. Getting drugged, kicked and stomped. I don't even use advil. Maybe I should smoke a dooby

Also, what are the players doing post career? Yoga? Stretches? Exercising? I know a few ex players. They all went down to regular weights. Workout and eat healthy. And exercise profusely.

If these players don't work out after their career I have nomercy

Again . Not even relevant to the discussion. Which is what happens when us professionals debate weed. You got the weed expert. And the medical expert. Both chime in foolishly

Edited by Boyst62

All those fantasy fans are going to leave in droves when the N.F.L relaxes pot rules. All casual fans are going to take a knee during the anthem in protest. And season ticket sales are going to plummet. Oh no! At least Monsanto and the Marley's will have some trippy ads during the game.

Edited by iinii

All those fantasy fans are going to leave in droves when the N.F.L relaxes pot rules. All casual fans are going to take a knee during the anthem in protest. And season ticket sales are going to plummet. Oh no! At least Monsanto and the Marley's will have some trippy ads during the game.

uhhhh what

Plants can be patented (https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/patent-basics/types-patent-applications/general-information-about-35-usc-161), so big pharma could actually make profits from cultivating marijuana, but they only invest resources into therapeutics that are efficacious.

This is not accurate. If the plant was just discovered or if has been genetically modified, it can be patented. Otherwise, no.

From the link you provided:

As noted in the last paragraph of the statute, the plant patent must also satisfy the general requirements of patentability. The subject matter of the application would be a plant which developed or discovered by applicant, and which has been found stable by asexual reproduction. To be patentable, it would also be required:

• That the person or persons filing the application are those who actually invented the claimed plant; i.e., discovered or developed and identified or isolated the plant, and asexually reproduced the plant.
  • That the plant has not been sold or released in the United States of America more than one year prior to the date of the application.

Not a single person will stop watching NFL because the players get access to medical marijuana.

You're trying too hard.

the disconnect between the middle class, average joe of this country and millionaire athletes is already quite large. Having them life the rock star lifestyle would just further separate and turn off fans that are already turning the game off

the disconnect between the middle class, average joe of this country and millionaire athletes is already quite large. Having them life the rock star lifestyle would just further separate and turn off fans that are already turning the game off

And smoking weed is symbolic of that? The average Joe is sparking up while watching. So try again please

And smoking weed is symbolic of that? The average Joe is sparking up while watching. So try again please

no. Why no, theyre not. Most have tried marijuana, by most studies but most Americans are not smoking marijuana regularly.

I can't wait until the traffic incidents skyrocket in legalzd states. Wait... they already have.

By the way,your basis for your nonsense comes from where? How many americans smoke weed casually, as in at least once a month.

Edited by Boyst62

They live the rock and roll lifestyle with the million dollar contracts already. What does marijuana have to do with that ?

So in summary You will be the only one tuning out but even then. No you won't. NFL is a bore this year and we still are watching

no. Why no, theyre not. Most have tried marijuana, by most studies but most Americans are not smoking marijuana regularly.

I can't wait until the traffic incidents skyrocket in legalzd states. Wait... they already have.

By the way,your basis for your nonsense comes from where? How many americans smoke weed casually, as in at least once a month.

It's more than you think.

It's more than you think.

and less than many think. The idea that million dollar athletes need to be entitled to a drug that is illegal (for now) and have special rights to it that every day Americans don't in their workplace is laughable.

and less than many think. The idea that million dollar athletes need to be entitled to a drug that is illegal (for now) and have special rights to it that every day Americans don't in their workplace is laughable.

the nba stopped testing and it's more popular than ever.