Ugh - Playoff Projection not too rosy - even with 10 wins

Coach55

It's that time of the year again, where I try to figure out how the Bills get in. I think it is very plausable for us to get 10 wins, given we have 4 very winnable home games and a listless Jets team on the road (I just don't see us beating the Raiders in the Black Hole). Assume we get 10 wins - where does it leave us.

Looking at everyone else's schedule and assuming that the home teams win comparable teams and every team beats the crappy teams.

NE 8 wins - proj 12 (Wins East) - W - @NYJ, LA, BAL, NYJ - L - @DEN, @MIA

DEN 7 wins - proj 11 (Wins West on TB with Raiders) - W - KC, @JAX, NE, OAK - L - @TEN, @KC

OAK 8 wins - proj 11 (Wins WC 1) - W - CAR, BUF, IND - L - @KC, @SD, @DEN

KC 7 wins - proj 10 (Wins WC 2 - 8 conference wins) - W - OAK, TEN, DEN - L - @DEN, @ATL, @SD

PIT 5 wins - proj 9 (Wins North) - W - NYG, @CIN, BAL, CLE - L - @IND, @BUF

IND 5 wins - proj 9 (Wins South based on division record w/ HOU and TEN) - W - PIT, @NYJ, HOU, JAX - L @MIN, @OAK

Near misses

MIA 6 wins - proj 10 - W - SF, ARI, @NYJ, NE - L - @BAL, @BUF

HOU 5 wins - proj 9 - W - SD, JAX, CIN - L - @GB, @IND, @TEN

TEN 5 wins - proj 9 - W - @CHI, DEN, @JAX, HOU - L - @KC

We need to win and need some help. Ugh...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not getting in the playoffs. Have to win out and that is not happening.

Yes. Even after the New England loss I thought that they only way they get in is with a 7-1 second half.

After Seattle...run the table baby, but not likely.

The only thing 10-6 does is save Rex's job. I'm not sure that happens if he is 9-7 or less.

Yes. Even after the New England loss I thought that they only way they get in is with a 7-1 second half.

After Seattle...run the table baby, but not likely.

The only thing 10-6 does is save Rex's job. I'm not sure that happens if he is 9-7 or less.

I would absolutely HATE firing Rex if the Bills go 9-7. Losing Dareus for the first 7 games, Sammy for 8, Aaron Williams for 10, McCoy for 2 and somehow going 9-7 would be a heckuva coaching job.

I would absolutely HATE firing Rex if the Bills go 9-7. Losing Dareus for the first 7 games, Sammy for 8, Aaron Williams for 10, McCoy for 2 and somehow going 9-7 would be a heckuva coaching job.

What kind of a coaching job is going (8-8) following a (9-7) season?

What kind of a coaching job is going (8-8) following a (9-7) season?

Apparently a good one (LoL) let's just do what LA did and extend the career mediocre coach

Down the rabbit hole...

So many key players hurt last year but still it wasn't a great coaching job by Rex last year. People don't want to pay attention to the rest of the league...

Is John Harbaugh a great coach? He followed up a 10-6 year with 5-11 in 2015

Rex came into a new team and after 2 years would be 17-15. The Buffalo Bills over 2 years would be 17-15. Did you forget who you root for? Some perspective for you, 17-15 over 2 years would be the Bills best stretch since 99-00.

I am curious about what peoples thoughts would be if we went 10-6 and didnt make the playoffs

Do they still suck? cuz in a normal year that would be a enough

10-6 no playoffs will make people happy.

I still want Rex Gone even after a 10-6 season with no playoffs but that's because I don't think he is a good HC.

Because 10-6 missing the playoffs is still on them and their piss poor conference record

Down the rabbit hole...

So many key players hurt last year but still it wasn't a great coaching job by Rex last year. People don't want to pay attention to the rest of the league...

Is John Harbaugh a great coach? He followed up a 10-6 year with 5-11 in 2015

Rex came into a new team and after 2 years would be 17-15. The Buffalo Bills over 2 years would be 17-15. Did you forget who you root for? Some perspective for you, 17-15 over 2 years would be the Bills best stretch since 99-00.

Great 17-15 not good enough but hey let's keep him and we can have the discussion again next year when that is 25-23

Wow, how depressing is that.

Incredibly depressing.

Wow, how depressing is that.

Very but I feel like people lose perspective a lot around here. This team has been bad for a long time. Had 1 good year (if Rex had that year though it would suck because he sucks :doh: ) and all of a sudden Rex ruined the team by finishing 1 game worse with an injury depleted version of the same team.

Great 17-15 not good enough but hey let's keep him and we can have the discussion again next year when that is 25-23

Wow you know what their record will be next year?!?!?!? Can you tell me the lotto numbers for tonight? It will greatly free me up and would be much appreciated.

10-6 no playoffs will make people happy.

I still want Rex Gone even after a 10-6 season with no playoffs but that's because I don't think he is a good HC.

Because 10-6 missing the playoffs is still on them and their piss poor conference record

:doh:

10-6 would guarantee the playoffs in 2 of the last 5 years. It would tie you with the 6 seed in the other 3 years.

10-6 would be the Bills best record since 1999.

Firing a coach after going 10-6 would give a lot of other candidates pause. Who would take the job where 10-6 gets you fired. Who would take THE BILLS job if 10-6 gets you fired. Firing for any less that 7-9 would imo cause a lot of coaches to put the Bills on their "nope not going there list"

Very but I feel like people lose perspective a lot around here. This team has been bad for a long time. Had 1 good year (if Rex had that year though it would suck because he sucks :doh: ) and all of a sudden Rex ruined the team by finishing 1 game worse with an injury depleted version of the same team.

Wow you know what their record will be next year?!?!?!? Can you tell me the lotto numbers for tonight? It will greatly free me up and would be much appreciated.

Ha ha ha Have you watched this team. What has been their record essentially for the past 16 years?