Ugh - Playoff Projection not too rosy - even with 10 wins

Coach55

Exactly my point. What has their record been? I love that you are bashing the team but somehow Rex sucks because he can't take this team to 11-5 (as you stated 10-6 should still get him fired). Shirley you see the irony? The Bills are missing the piece that drives all teams that are consistently successful. A stud QB. Tyrod may get there but as one of his biggest detractors you obviously don't think he will ever get there.

So going off of your opinions:

Tyrod is terrible so the Bills are bad at one of the most important positions in all of sports and the Bills are consistently mediocre so much so that you can put next years record in the bank but Rex should win with this and he sucks even if he goes 10-6 with all of this?

hmmm...

Marty Schottenheimer from the Chargers. They replaced him with Norv Turner and never got back to the records Marty was putting up.

Lovie smith also fired with winning record. 10-6 I think. They've been in the toilet since

Um, your own website gives an 80% chance if we win the next 5/6........

Just to be clear that 68.7% chance at 10-6 was before last week's game. The KC loss, Titans loss, Texans loss, etc... raise those odds so 80% is about right. I think that the stat is that a 10-6 team makes the playoffs like 87% of the time but the Bills odds were longer (68.7%) because of their bad conference record.

Exactly my point. What has their record been? I love that you are bashing the team but somehow Rex sucks because he can't take this team to 11-5 (as you stated 10-6 should still get him fired). Shirley you see the irony? The Bills are missing the piece that drives all teams that are consistently successful. A stud QB. Tyrod may get there but as one of his biggest detractors you obviously don't think he will ever get there.

So going off of your opinions:

Tyrod is terrible so the Bills are bad at one of the most important positions in all of sports and the Bills are consistently mediocre so much so that you can put next years record in the bank but Rex should win with this and he sucks even if he goes 10-6 with all of this?

hmmm...

Marty Schottenheimer from the Chargers. They replaced him with Norv Turner and never got back to the records Marty was putting up.

In fairness, Marty losing the job also coincided with the decline of Tomlinson, he went from being MVP in 2006 to under 4 ypc in 2008.

I think you are dead on with both points here. I fully expect a 9-7 / 10-6 type year forcing a holding pattern into next year. It's an extremely steep hill to climb to grab a playoff spot and the combination of those two losses, giving away the dolphins game and the Seattle MNF mess is likely too big a hill to climb.

Does it make me a bad fan to hope the wheels completely fall off and we go 5-11 or 6-10? We can still grab a top 10 pick and we've had the "feel good" 9-7 year recently. My biggest fear would be Rex coaching just good enough and TT playing just good enough for a "run it back" year next year with TT's contract costing us Gilmore and/or someone else only to have the wheels completely fall off next year.

That doesn't make you a bad fan at all. The way that the schedule has fallen that will be tough though. They play 3 teams still that will pick in the top 5 including a team that maybe the worst ever. 2 of those 3 games are at home. They just can't be bad enough for it to implode with the remaining schedule. I suppose if Tyrod went down this week they might only get to 7 wins but otherwise those teams are just not good enough to win.

Jets won't pick in the top 5.

They will still win another three games, IMO.

Maybe so but they are in the top 5 now and according to the ESPN analytics have a 52% chance of a top 5 pick http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/222232/updated-2017-nfl-draft-order-after-week-11. They are not a good football team (better than the Jags and Browns though).

Maybe so but they are in the top 5 now and according to the ESPN analytics have a 52% chance of a top 5 pick http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/222232/updated-2017-nfl-draft-order-after-week-11. They are not a good football team (better than the Jags and Browns though).

Best they can do for us is beat the Patriots at least once, and the Dolphins of course. We want the Patriots to be competitive Week 17 against the fish.

Right now the way I look at it is just keep winning if you are the Bills. You beat the Bengals away to keep your season alive. You have a home game against the Jags win that and you are 6-5. At 6-5 see where the chips fall.

Looking ahead the Raiders away is a suddenly tough game and the Steelers home are a challenge but certainly not a game the Bills won't be able to win.

Theoretically let's say you beat the Jags and then split the Raiders and Steelers games. That puts you at 7-6 with a home game against the Browns. Beat a hapless Browns team that takes you to 8-6, you then play a Fins team home that will possibly be tied or ahead of you in the wildcard standings. If the Bills can be 8-6 going into that Fins game I think you have a shot to make the playoffs if you win those last two game esp considering the Fins are a team you are chasing.

To me you can prognosticate all you want about which teams fall to what win projection but all you need to do is keep winning yourself and let the rest of the league sort its self out.