Get Kirk Cousins in the offseason.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Cousins put up 375 yds and 3 TDs seems totally alien for the Bills.

Redskins also run a lot and he would fit in great here.

Don't ruin all the fun Geez, don't you have some thread to start :D

I don't care about monetary value I want to win. We payed that bum Mario 20 mil I'm sure we could work out a deal for Cousins.

We should have drafted Cook last yr as he was the most NFL ready. I totally agree that he was better than Cousins. Have no clue why Oakland traded up to get him when he will be on the bench while he is there. Whaley wont trade for him.

:lol:

TT throws for around 160 yds a game and your happy? You must love be mediocre forever.

Chad Kelly is going to look great in a Bills uniform can't wait :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Then follow it up with 442 and 3 more TDs...over 800 yards in 2 games...that might take Tyrod 5 games to match...Maybe 5.5...

Redskins will franchise tag Kirk Cousins again if no long-term deal reached

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-will-franchise-tag-kirk-cousins-again-if-no-long-term-deal-reached/

John Breech clearly did not graduate with a degree in math:

It is NOT a 120% raise - it is a 20% raise.

And has questionable English composition skills and clearly believes media is the tail which wags the dog as opposed to being the dog excrement,

No it is not because they TOLD La Canfora something for teams often use media like tools to disseminate false information. Would they go after him if they did not tell him? Yes hence statement is poorly composed or he is writing the story with the media being center of it.

The Janitor at New Era took time away from cleaning the toilets to meet with him and told him that the Bill's will pursue Cousins as a stop gap while they continue to groom EJ for 4 more years to be the starter.

I am with on the indecision when it comes to Taylor. I say sign a RT in FA that will be your starter and draft a day one starter talent at WR. Keep Lynn on, bring back the talent that has shown progress this year. Give the crew one more year. Now if the Bills finish 8-8 and 3 of these final loss' are the Miami Dolphin first game type, well I may sing a different tune. I want to believe we are watching a QB develop. I don't believe you get the same experience being a back up as you do being the actual starter. Taylor is in his second season with two different OC's. Points to be considered heavily.

Agreed. But I don't think the offense changed that much just the play calling and preparation.

How many people were picking in from if Philly before they decided to go get Wentz? If you see a Franchise QB stop being scared and go get him.

Bills wait for to often and get burnt for it.

Loved Prescott but refused to trade up in a position to get him. Instead will trade up for a ILB.

Bills loved Cam, didn't want to move up to get him.

Far to often they take the conservative approach in the draft. So if they like Watson or Trubinksy then freaking man up and go get them.

Prescott went in the 4th round. He's playing beyond expectations; which were that he would be a project. He went

five spots in front of Cardale. Tells me they liked him more than loved him; same as 31 other teams. Maybe they

would have taken him instead of Cardale if he were available, but obviously Whaley wasn't pressed to get him. If

Dak did come to the Bills, Tyrod would still be starting most likely.

Carolina needed a QB. That they didn't trade the pick that year makes sense. And how do you know the Nix didn't

inquire about moving up? How do you know Carolina did not say they weren't trading it under any circumstances?

How do you know the price wasn't too exorbitant?

I would love to get Cousins but it ain't happening. Part of me would love to see Romo here but I am beginning to think Buffalo is the least likely place for an athlete to stay healthy.

Really? You mean as opposed to Dallas where Romo's been injured and missed major time the past three season? Okay then...

No chance that Washington lets Kirk Cousins out of the building without a contract once the season is done. If they do. I hope the Bills jump on the opportunity to get him signed. He would be a much better option than I'm a running back playing the quarterback postion Tyrod Taylor.

No chance that Washington lets Kirk Cousins out of the building without a contract once the season is done. If they do. I hope the Bills jump on the opportunity to get him signed. He would be a much better option than I'm a running back playing the quarterback postion Tyrod Taylor.

The problem for Washington is that Cousins will want to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. They're going to have to be completely sold on him to do that because that contract means it's the last QB that the GM and coaching staff will choose one way or another. Cousins may have it or he may be the next guy that has one good year then everyone goes, "Oh, we should probably game plan for him" the next year and he's back to mediocre.

I'd also keep in mind that Washington has had a good year on the injury front. In terms of straight up man games lost, they are 18th in the league. They're also 3rd in their division(the same place as the Bills who have are 5th in terms on mangames lost at 142 with lesser QB play) so as amazing as Cousins has played this year, they'd be banking on him being *better* in the upcoming seasons as his contract would limit their ability to really upgrade the overall level of talent on the team and they'd need to remain relatively healthy.

I agree that if he plays as well as he has the rest of the season that they're unlikely to let him walk and will get him signed, but I don't think it's a simple decision to make him the highest paid QB in the league.

Edited by jeremy2020

The problem for Washington is that Cousins will want to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. They're going to have to be completely sold on him to do that because that contract means it's the last QB that the GM and coaching staff will choose one way or another. Cousins may have it or he may be the next guy that has one good year then everyone goes, "Oh, we should probably game plan for him" the next year and he's back to mediocre.

I'd also keep in mind that Washington has had a good year on the injury front. In terms of straight up man games lost, they are 18th in the league. They're also 3rd in their division(the same place as the Bills who have are 5th in terms on mangames lost at 142 with lesser QB play) so as amazing as Cousins has played this year, they'd be banking on him being *better* in the upcoming seasons as his contract would limit their ability to really upgrade the overall level of talent on the team and they'd need to remain relatively healthy.

I agree that if he plays as well as he has the rest of the season that they're unlikely to let him walk and will get him signed, but I don't think it's a simple decision to make him the highest paid QB in the league.

He might want to be the highest paid QB. But so did Tyrod, probably. Any QB looking at a new contract, really. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Cousins isn't going to be paid more than Luck, more than the elite guys. Yeah, they'll have to pay him a lot. Somewhere probably around $20 mill, maybe a mill or two over that. But they'll re-sign him. He's worth it.

IMHO re-signing him really is going to be a simple decision for the Skins. QBs playing that well for this long ... when was the last time one playing that well or better got away without another just as good behind him (Peyton from Indy) or a devastating injury making his future prospects cloudy (Brees from the Chargers).

Now, I'm not saying that Cousins is a Peyton or a Brees, just that QBs as good as him don't get let go for salary reasons.

Edited by Thurman#1

They won't. Waste of time even thinking about it.

I love threads like this!! "Go get the guy that they've already said they'll franchise again." Do people really think that this is how the NFL (or any sport) works? Teams just let starting QBs playing go with no one to fill the role? C'mon people we are smarter than that...

ahhhhhhh.....maybe not

ahhhhhhh.....maybe not

Ha ha, I mean it's setting the bar pretty low. People can't honestly think that Kirk Cousins will just magically be available because they want him to be. I believe that we can't be that stupid. We can't be. We have some terrible ideas that fly around here but often there is at least a possibility that they could happen (i.e. start Cardale).

Prescott went in the 4th round. He's playing beyond expectations; which were that he would be a project. He went

five spots in front of Cardale. Tells me they liked him more than loved him; same as 31 other teams. Maybe they

would have taken him instead of Cardale if he were available, but obviously Whaley wasn't pressed to get him. If

Dak did come to the Bills, Tyrod would still be starting most likely.

Carolina needed a QB. That they didn't trade the pick that year makes sense. And how do you know the Nix didn't

inquire about moving up? How do you know Carolina did not say they weren't trading it under any circumstances?

How do you know the price wasn't too exorbitant?

Really? You mean as opposed to Dallas where Romo's been injured and missed major time the past three season? Okay then...

Always excuses. If you wanted the QB go get them there are examples year after year Bills wait at the most important position on the field hoping someone falls to them

Then follow it up with 442 and 3 more TDs...over 800 yards in 2 games...that might take Tyrod 5 games to match...Maybe 5.5...

It would take Cousins 5+ games on the Bills to have those stats as well. We dont throw the ball as much.

Thursday night Cousins has 53 pass attempts. 53! They only had 18 rush attempts. Basically the exact opposite of the Bills philosophy.

On the flip side, look at the WINNING team, Dallas. Prescott had very Tyrod-esque numbers. 17/24, 195yds, 1 TD, 8 runs for 40 yds and 1 TD.

QB passing stats are nice and all, but I'll take the win.

I love threads like this!! "Go get the guy that they've already said they'll franchise again." Do people really think that this is how the NFL (or any sport) works? Teams just let starting QBs playing go with no one to fill the role? C'mon people we are smarter than that...

Besides, the Bills are going to get either Big Ben, Rivers or Eli after their teams balk at big money contracts for those aging QBs.