Get Kirk Cousins in the offseason.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Hoyer a lot - but I just worry its Kolb all over again. Guy seems to always be hurt.

My hope would be my Rookie beats him cleanly in camp. However if not I am comfortable him starting the season if he gets hurt that happens and I roll my Rookie out.

Point being I have high confidence that scenario above's floor is where they are right not .500. With another 10-12 cap space to play with the improve the team around these QBs

And what I find particularly amusing is that there are fans / people on this board who believe that to a legitimate candidate as a Rookie, they must be Drafted in 1st or high 2nd Round. And yes, history often favors that approach but there are also the: Brady, Russell Wilson, Dak Prescotts, and Kirk Cousins of the NFL. Essentially, there are QBs to be found in every Draft at various points of the Draft - just need the right evaluator and decision makers.

I recall watching parts of the Skins/Bengals game and it looked like he got basically no protection whatsoever. And yet he still nearly led them to a win. Just imagine if he had a line. I'm sure the Skins will find a way to sign him long term but if they don't I'd be all for it.

And what I find particularly amusing is that there are fans / people on this board who believe that to a legitimate candidate as a Rookie, they must be Drafted in 1st or high 2nd Round. And yes, history often favors that approach but there are also the: Brady, Russell Wilson, Dak Prescotts, and Kirk Cousins of the NFL. Essentially, there are QBs to be found in every Draft at various points of the Draft - just need the right evaluator and decision makers.

Teams with a 1st round pick starting:
Cardinals
Falcons
Ravens
Panthers
Bears
Lions
Packers
Colts
Chiefs
Jags
Rams
Dolphins
Vikings
Giants
Eagles
Steelers
Chargers
Bucs
Titans
Remaining teams with 1st round pick on the roster:
49ers
Broncos
Browns
Bills
The trend seems to indicate that 1st round picks are more likely to start, and have long careers. Starters outside the 1st:
Brady (total outlier)
Tyrod
Carr (early 2nd - almost a 1st)
Dalton (see carr)
Kaepernick (also early 2nd)
Osweiler (early 2nd)
Siemen
Dak and Wilson are obvious outliers as well.
Edited by dneveu

It's always so funny. I distinctly remember Bills fans killing Washington for 1st trading up for RG3 then in same draft taking another QB.

But looks like they found a QB of the future and we still languish

Does it? Because it seems to me like Cousins is a bit inconsistant

by the way....define "languish" because Tyrod is clearly a starting QB.....just not a top 5-10 guy

Edited by John from Hemet

Teams with a 1st round pick starting:

Cardinals

Falcons

Ravens

Panthers

Bears

Lions

Packers

Colts

Chiefs

Jags

Rams

Dolphins

Vikings

Giants

Eagles

Steelers

Chargers

Bucs

Titans

Remaining teams with 1st round pick on the roster:

49ers

Broncos

Browns

Bills

But there is the occasional anomaly. So let's hope for that anomaly instead of hedging the hardest position to fill early

Does it? Because it seems to me like Cousins is a bit inconsistant

This is a gem coming from you.

But there is the occasional anomaly. So let's hope for that anomaly instead of hedging the hardest position to fill early

Yeah - you can consider me of little faith. I'd love for the luck to flip our way - but when 3 guys from the 2004 1st round are still starting and all putting up HOF numbers... and we drafted the 4th guy whos out of the NFL... it's a tad deflating

And our next 1st round qb... just sucks.

Edited by dneveu

Yeah - you can consider me of little faith. I'd love for the luck to flip our way - but when 3 guys from the 2004 1st round are still starting and all putting up HOF numbers... and we drafted the 4th guy whos out of the NFL... it's a tad deflating

And yet another time the waited and got burnt. Wanted Big Ben too scared to go up and get him Settled for Evans.

And yet another time the waited and got burnt. Wanted Big Ben too scared to go up and get him Settled for Evans.

I don't know what the price was to move from 13 to 8 where jax was picking - but i assumed a 2nd and a 4th or something? How do you not pull the trigger? Bledsoe was done - we needed a QB to groom and he had everything we wanted.

Losman just didn't have "it" - and we all knew it when he was drafted. He was Blaine gabbert before blaine gabbert blaine gabberted his way around the league.

Edited by dneveu

I don't know what the price was to move from 13 to 8 where jax was picking - but i assumed a 2nd and a 4th or something? How do you not pull the trigger? Bledsoe was done - we needed a QB to groom and he had everything we wanted.

Losman just didn't have "it" - and we all knew it when he was drafted. He was Blaine gabbert before blaine gabbert blaine gabberted his way around the league.

Because we like to wait for QBs just want one to fall in our lap.

and patience!

Wilson, Cousins, and Brady all had a learning curve. Wilson passed for more than 300 yards 4 times in his first 3 seasons, Cousins had 17tds and 18 ints through his first 3 years, Brady passed for more than 300 yards in 6 of his first 46 games.

Tyrod's start to his career is very very similar to the start of Wilson's career numbers wise.

It's always so funny. I distinctly remember Bills fans everyone killing Washington for 1st trading up for RG3 then in same draft taking another QB.

But looks like they found a QB of the future and we still languish

No need to bash solely Bills fans here. Almost everyone questioned the pick at the time.

Except when they made moves to take EJ Manuel?

They dont do it often enough I agree.....

You mean trade away from him once and take him later. Not exactly making a Move for EJ lol

and patience!

Wilson, Cousins, and Brady all had a learning curve. Wilson passed for more than 300 yards 4 times in his first 3 seasons, Cousins had 17tds and 18 ints through his first 3 years, Brady passed for more than 300 yards in 6 of his first 46 games.

Tyrod's start to his career is very very similar to the start of Wilson's career numbers wise.

No need to bash solely Bills fans here. Almost everyone questioned the pick at the time.

On a Bills fan site with people talking cousins so yeah will say it's funny