Captain Checkdown: Part Two

I hope you're right.

TT is playing backyard football. Thinks he can make a first down on every play by himself. THROW THE BALL DOWNFIELD ...the refs throw flags on anything with contact. Noooo, TT throws a checkdown or tries to run for a 2 yd gain. Ugh

Who is he supposed to throw it to?

We were actually throwing the ball....then Woods gets hurt.

Cant everybody see the correlation?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you watching the same game as the rest of us?

TT played bad today but it has nothing to do with going into scramble mode too early.

His accuracy was awful today. No excuses. Just horrible especially on throw to Clay.

But he holds onto the ball in and out of the pocket looking to make plays downfield. He threw over the middle today and stepped up in the pocket today a few times nicely.

If you are going to criticize his bad play at least know what he did wrong.

He absolutely bolts the pocket way too early. He doesn't take offs running automatically but he doesn't step up into the pocket created for him.

It is infuriating.

I could understand the correlation if it wasn't happening even when everyone is healthy. It's just more of the same. There's really no difference in the way he plays compared to who's out there. I get it it's even more difficult now but he's not seeing things pre snap or after.

His game is improvisation. I guess you either like that or you don't. I just don't.

Edited by Triple Threat

A wide open Clay, a wide open Harvin, any WR really. He had the same deficiencies last year. 2 years so far and I still can't say, we won that game because of Taylor.

It's more often than not we won that game despite Taylor. It's concerning

so what would you do about it? Instead of pissing and moaning about it all week, and then start all over again next week.

Start Cardale Jones see what he has, first off.

The success of this team will always be limited with Tyrod as the QB.

Will Whaley and Rex be back next year? I think they will.

If they are, so too will Tyrod. And really, that's the end of the story.

At least until the next regime change.

Tyrod had a bad game no doubt but his biggest issue remains having no legit pass catchers. Woods went down in the first with 3 catches & 41 yds.

You're close. That's fourth maybe fifth when critiquing Tyrod.

Cannot see a receiver is open until he is open. By then it's too late.

Inaccurate.

Still thinks run if he doesn't see his first option open.

Leaves the pocket too soon.

You're close. That's fourth maybe fifth when critiquing Tyrod.

Cannot see a receiver is open until he is open. By then it's too late.

Inaccurate.

Still thinks run if he doesn't see his first option open.

Leaves the pocket too soon.

He creates sacks that shouldn't be sacks. Pressure that shouldn't be pressure.

He has happy feet.

If you were right (you aren't), isn't accuracy even more important? His accuracy is really not very good. He misses throws by a wide margin, or forces his receiver to make big adjustments in order to have a chance at making a catch.

Third & 3 late in the fourth...

Edited by Cripple Creek

If you were right (you aren't), isn't accuracy even more important? His accuracy is really not very good. He misses throws by a wide margin, or forces his receiver to make big adjustments in order to have a chance at making a catch.

Third & 3 late in the fourth...

Im not right that he is missing his starting wide recievers? I most certainly am.

I have seen qbs throw balls that force wr's to make adjustments all the time....even franchise qbs do that....watch more football

Like I said...it is interesting that in a game where he has just a halfway healthy compliment of pass catchers and he does well......but some just cant see the correllation

Im not right that he is missing his starting wide recievers? I most certainly am.

I have seen qbs throw balls that force wr's to make adjustments all the time....even franchise qbs do that....watch more football

Like I said...it is interesting that in a game where he has just a halfway healthy compliment of pass catchers and he does well......but some just cant see the correllation

??? Confused. This is a thread about checking down (because our QB can't see down the field).Are you seriously trying to defend him based on this drivel??