Captain Checkdown: Part Two

The game where he had 35 yards passing at halftime and barely finished the game with over 100 yards.

The game where the defense kept us in it, despite the offense failing miserably.

The game where they scored 14 points.

That one?

Unlike others you try to bully you will find I know a lot about football and yes I mean the game that he accounted for almost all of our offense including 76 yards rushing and a TD at 9.5 ypc and even caught a pass yup that game why don't you go root for the Patriots. Oh wait 2014 against Oak Pats only scored 16 they needed to get rid of that Brady guy and only 18 in a playoff against DEN what a sorry QB that Brady is.

:lol: That's always the narrative..."Yeah, he threw for 160 yds and no INT's...but remember the Titans game in 2015?"

I wasnt referring to this game why dont you try reading all the post and realize I was referring to him putting the team on his back for a win which the post I referred to said he had never done. Which is exactly what he did in that game. I had no use for him before that game.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/highschool/dp-spt-tyrod-taylor-bills-titans-20151011-story.html

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2015/10/11/tyrod-taylors-late-heroics-bail-out-bills/73608684/

Yea but he didn't turn it over !!

And won the game with his legs

Edited by manbeast

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike others you try to bully you will find I know a lot about football and yes I mean the game that he accounted for almost all of our offense including 76 yards rushing and a TD at 9.5 ypc and even caught a pass yup that game why don't you go root for the Patriots. Oh wait 2014 against Oak Pats only scored 16 they needed to get rid of that Brady guy and only 18 in a playoff against DEN what a sorry QB that Brady is.

I wasnt referring to this game why dont you try reading all the post and realize I was referring to him putting the team on his back for a win which the post I referred to said he had never done. Which is exactly what he did in that game. I had no use for him before that game.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/highschool/dp-spt-tyrod-taylor-bills-titans-20151011-story.html

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2015/10/11/tyrod-taylors-late-heroics-bail-out-bills/73608684/

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Also, do you see the irony of calling me a "Bully" in your post?

Well Brady would suck given the talent of the available WR the TT has to work with. Goodwin just runs fast and goes deep, Tate and Hunter have hands made of oil, and Clay was not worth stealing from Miami. So when your best RB goes down and clearly TT is hurt (he is not moving or cutting as normal), of course you go to the check down. I think TT can be a good QB, he just needs Watkins, Woods and Harvin to all be on the field and hopefully, Hunter and Tate to become the WRs their prior teams though they were.

Wrong Brady would see the open wr's and throw them the ball.

The drop rate for the bills is extremely low as majbobby has pointed out in many threads. People love making excuses for TT.

Brady with this running game would dominate with me and you playing wideouts.

My point is how despite TT's mediocrity, Thyroid fans (like yourself) have only one game in their arsenal of arguments...the Titans game last year. So I'll see your Titans game with the Ravens game...and I'll raise you the Dolphins game.

My point is how despite TT's mediocrity, Thyroid fans (like yourself) have only one game in their arsenal of arguments...the Titans game last year. So I'll see your Titans game with the Ravens game...and I'll raise you the Dolphins game.

I remember that Titans win where TT couldn't move the ball. I think Tannenhill dropped 50 on them the following week.

#weaponsforfeet.

The offense scored 14 points.14.

They were abysmal for 3 quarters. 82 Net passing yards.

Without the defense being great in that game the Bills do not win.

The offense scored 14 points.14.

They were abysmal for 3 quarters. 82 Net passing yards.

Without the defense being great in that game the Bills do not win.

You are WRONG. They were not abysmal for 3 quarters.

They were abysmal for 3.9 quarters.

Why can't we be positive?? Because I am looking back at a NY Jets game that should have been a win...a Dolphins game that should have been a win....and a Seahawks game as well. I saw nothing from Tyrod today that would erase my vision of him as a one trick pony. Shotgun QB, once he drops back, happy feet, first read covered, panic, checkdown.

God so much this.

Will Tyrod ever make this pass ?

If that doesn't fire you up you should hang up your Bills gear. Ryan Thanks for reminding me why I still jump around like a lunatic in pure euphoria when the Bills have these rare moments. Good stuff. Edited by BeefCurtns

God so much this.

If that doesn't fire you up you should hang up your Bills gear. Ryan Thanks for reminding me why I still jump around like a lunatic in pure euphoria when the Bills have these rare moments. Good stuff.

It's been way too long since we had any excitement.

Smoking the 49ers was pretty fun, but they are 1-9 for a reason.

Tyrod had a bad game no doubt but his biggest issue remains having no legit pass catchers. Woods went down in the first with 3 catches & 41 yds.

Charles Clay says hello.

He's a very very legit pass catcher. Who does some of his best work downfield in the middle as far as getting open, and yet the deep and intermediate middle seems for some bizarre reason to be a no-fly zone with Tyrod as triggerman.

Shady has also been open an awful lot, as has Gillislee as checkdowns. And when I watched the coaches film on game pass, it surprised me how very often Walter Powell gets open.

Now, does it hurt that Sammy has been out and Woods is not healthy? Of course it does. A lot. No question about it. But it's not like you can say, "But but but but Sammy and Woods" and no further explanation is necessary. There are still guys getting open that don't get seen on quite a few plays. The first two plays in the game last week guys were quite open for probable TD catches. Progressions are not getting fully gone through ... if that's English.

Edited by Thurman#1

Well Brady would suck given the talent of the available WR the TT has to work with. Goodwin just runs fast and goes deep, Tate and Hunter have hands made of oil, and Clay was not worth stealing from Miami. So when your best RB goes down and clearly TT is hurt (he is not moving or cutting as normal), of course you go to the check down. I think TT can be a good QB, he just needs Watkins, Woods and Harvin to all be on the field and hopefully, Hunter and Tate to become the WRs their prior teams though they were.

Oh, come on.

Brady has spent most of his career with bargain basement WRs who look great in New England and then disappear when they go elsewhere as FAs.

Again, yeah, it hurts that Tyrod has a significantly substandard group of WRs right now. But "Brady would suck with this group"? No. No, he really would not.

Hmmm, that's interesting since you think Tyrod is good. Watching the All 22 each week would have any other QB leading the league in pass yards and TDs if they played for the Bills. That's not even debatable, it's right there in video how bad Tyrod is and it's not just opinion either.

The excuses still being made for him are pathetic.

Edited by old school

I won't make excuses for the guy but scrambling quarterbacks all have the same problem. When Taylor scrambles to the left this pretty much eliminates open receivers to the right. This is why most head coaches won't sign these guys.

Tyrod needs to use the center of the formation more rather then run for your life all the time

Edited by HOUSE

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Also, do you see the irony of calling me a "Bully" in your post?

Sorry bad week.

And the point is you keep trying to point to the amount of points we scored and I was responding to a post that stated He never single handedly won us a game.

Hmmm, that's interesting since you think Tyrod is good. Watching the All 22 each would have any other QB leading the league in pass yards and TDs if they played for the Bills. That's not even debatable, it's right there in video how bad Tyrod is and it's not just opinion either.

I don't think I ever used the words good. I think I would say he has potential and hasn't stopped improving. I would say at this point He is the 20th ranked QB in my opinion. But a lot of posters act like he is #32 and that's not the case and then some act like he is top 10 and that is not the case either. I'm sorry if your offended by the fact that I trust Rex Ryan, Whaley and the other professionals more the take of posters on this board. They are aware of his current deficiencies and so am I and I do wonder if he will be able to overcome the fact that he is vertically challenged, but once again he is not as bad as some make him out to be and not as good as others do. Because of the contract he recieved before we ended up in a bad position and had to extend him.

Hmmm, that's interesting since you think Tyrod is good. Watching the All 22 each would have any other QB leading the league in pass yards and TDs if they played for the Bills. That's not even debatable, it's right there in video how bad Tyrod is and it's not just opinion either.

And buy the way you can see the receivers that are open when you watch the game as well. He is never going to lead the league in passing but I'm okay with that as long as we win and as long as he keeps getting better. I liked Wilson and Cousins. I wanted the Bills to draft both but we didn't. I am not in opposition to drafting a QB almost every year.