Captain Checkdown: Part Two

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From one Captain Checkdown to another, here is Trentative compared to TT, both in their second season as starter:

Trent Edwards 2008: 65.5% completion / Yards per attempt: 7.2 / yards passing per game: 192.8

Tyrod Taylor 2016: 61.3% completion / Yards per attempt: 6.6 / yards passing per game: 193.5

For those saying TT can't be judged because Watkins and Woods have missed time, I doubt the front office earmarks another 27M because their analysis didn't include his top receivers. This is a big decision and he's not really taken the big leap to earn the follow on years to his essentially 1 year deal.

And, do you pay a QB that kind of money when he doesn't (as Whaley said last off-season) come from behind? Do you tell the owner, if you're Whaley, to commit another 27M to a player that is average at best? This after they spent big on Dareus, Glenn, Hughes, McCoy, Clay, and Incognito?

TT is the perfect QB...if you expect your offense to succeed with the run and your defense is near perfect.

Unfortunately, they've handled the QB position as though they can only have 1 option at a time. And right now that's what they have because they're deathly afraid of a QB controversy.

Edited by BillsVet

From one Captain Checkdown to another, here's is Trentative compared to TT, both in their second season as starter:

Trent Edwards 2008: 65.5% completion / Yards per attempt: 7.2 / yards passing per game: 192.8

Tyrod Taylor 2016: 61.3% completion / Yards per attempt: 6.6 / yards passing per game: 193.5

For those saying TT can't be judged because Watkins and Woods have missed time, I doubt the front office earmarks another 27M because their analysis didn't include his top receivers.

And, do you pay a QB that kind of money when he doesn't (as Whaley said last off-season) come from behind? Do you tell the owner, if you're Whaley, to commit another 27M to a player that is average at best? This after they spent big on Dareus, Glenn, Hughes, McCoy, Clay, and Incognito?

TT is the perfect QB...if you expect your offense to succeed with the run and your defense is near perfect.

You think the front office is not taking into account Sammy Watkins has not been on the field?

You cant be serious

From one Captain Checkdown to another, here's is Trentative compared to TT, both in their second season as starter:

For those saying TT can't be judged because Watkins and Woods have missed time, I doubt the front office earmarks another 27M because their analysis didn't include his top receivers.

Damn...thanks for those stats. I knew they were similar but those numbers make them out to be twins.

Tyrod is the best QB the Bills have had in years, but that doesn't mean he's any good. He's great at scrambling around...but horrible at finding open receivers.

John is the biggest homer (idiot) on this message board, and it's not even close. There's no point in arguing with an absolute dolt like him.

Damn...thanks for those stats. I knew they were similar but those numbers make them out to be twins.

Can we look at turnovers, sacks and rushing yards (by the QB) now, or should we continue to play the cherry picking game... Hope some of you bring pies to the game, you have enough cherries to last months

Year two starting:

Edwards: 11 TD, 10 INT, 117 rushing 3.3 per attempt

Taylor (through 10 games): 10 TD, 4 INT, 401 rushing 6.4 per attempt

In all honest what you really have here is people just dont want an uncoventional QB......it doesnt matter that we are also like 9th in the league in points.

We want (well the crowed that wont bring up your stats) a stand in the pocket Ben R. type.....300 yards a game, 3 TDS, who cares how many picks, but a guy that puts up franchise QB type numbers.

- Missing targets be damned

- Scheme be damed

- Ball security be damed

- dont think out side the box with a QB that gets you first downs

Tyrod Taylor is not perfect....if he was perfect we would be dealing with something truly special....impossible to find because he would bring everthing he brings PLUS he would see every open receiver......work majorly over the middle of the field......not throw any bad passes......will it into his pass catchers to not drop balls etc etc

Tyrod Taylor is a different kind of qb....he is a exceptional athlete who is a middling starter qb

The bills I am sure are hoping that his passing stats pick up.

In all honest what you really have here is people just dont want an uncoventional QB......it doesnt matter that we are also like 9th in the league in points.

We want (well the crowed that wont bring up your stats) a stand in the pocket Ben R. type.....300 yards a game, 3 TDS, who cares how many picks, but a guy that puts up franchise QB type numbers.

- Missing targets be damned

- Scheme be damed

- Ball security be damed

- dont think out side the box with a QB that gets you first downs

Tyrod Taylor is not perfect....if he was perfect we would be dealing with something truly special....impossible to find because he would bring everthing he brings PLUS he would see every open receiver......work majorly over the middle of the field......not throw any bad passes......will it into his pass catchers to not drop balls etc etc

Tyrod Taylor is a different kind of qb....he is a exceptional athlete who is a middling starter qb

The bills I am sure are hoping that his passing stats pick up.

Lolz "conventional" Aka can throw the ball for first downs.

Lolz "conventional" Aka can throw the ball for first downs.

Tyrod throws for first down.....I dont know why you would say he does not?

The difference is....sometimes he runs for those first downs instead of throwing the ball to a receiver.....I would like to see more of that as well but lets not act like he doesnt do it.

Tyrod throws for first down.....I dont know why you would say he does not?

The difference is....sometimes he runs for those first downs instead of throwing the ball to a receiver.....I would like to see more of that as well but lets not act like he doesnt do it.

Yea he moves those chains all day long Except when he doesn't