Tension mounts as more change feared in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Browns will have 10 picks in rounds 1-5 and 11 total in 2017. Two 1sts, two 2nds, one 3rd, two 4ths, and three 5ths. This has the potential to be a draft that turns around a franchise. The question will be how good is their scouting department now? Kizer looks like the #1 pick if they go QB. The OL and DL need an overhaul. A lot of needs on both sides really. It will come down to hitting on those draft picks though and developing that talent.

The Browns will have 10 picks in rounds 1-5 and 11 total in 2017. Two 1sts, two 2nds, one 3rd, two 4ths, and three 5ths. This has the potential to be a draft that turns around a franchise. The question will be how good is their scouting department now? Kizer looks like the #1 pick if they go QB. The OL and DL need an overhaul. A lot of needs on both sides really. It will come down to hitting on those draft picks though and developing that talent.

Doing it right

I think it more has to do with finding a better viable candidate......some years they just are not out there

OK....please explain this to me because now I admit I am confused.

With 7 games left to be played....if teams that are ahead of us start losing games (cuz its the NFL and that happens)

and the fact that we have a lot of AFC games coming up.....why in the world would we be throwing in the towel with 7 games left to be played

there weremore here who wanted Hue than Rex... What's that mean?

What am I missing with Kizer. He looks very average in the 2 games I saw him play.

Kizer might not even declare for the draft. He should stay in school, but I'm guessing he may want to get away from Brian Kelly. Either way, his season was not worthy of the #1 pick. He's very inconsistent. He is from Ohio though, fwiw. I think the Browns take a QB in the 2nd.

What am I missing with Kizer. He looks very average in the 2 games I saw him play.

6'4", 230 lb dual threat QB with a huge arm. That's what people see. He is young and hasn't put it together yet. Still staring down receivers and needs to develop touch. There is a lot to love about the kid, but he is certainly a high risk/high reward prospect because there's no guarantee he will ever put it together.

Edited by BarleyNY

there were more here who wanted Hue than Rex... What's that mean?

It shows that Bills fans and the Bills GM who also wanted Hue Jackson don't know anything more than the Pegula's, Brandon who went for Rex.

The difference is that the 2015 Buffalo Bills were a playoff team waiting for the right coaching staff last year. Cleveland is a huge work in progress for even the best coaching staff.

And we have been down to our 4th and 5th options at WR.......and no Marcel.

Yet we are winning games....see what I did there?

Come on John. You are comparing qbs to guys like Goodwin and Salas? They also lost their 1st round wr.

What would record be if we lost Tyrod in week 1 & then EJ in week 2? Then, Cardale in week 3?

Kizer might not even declare for the draft. He should stay in school, but I'm guessing he may want to get away from Brian Kelly. Either way, his season was not worthy of the #1 pick. He's very inconsistent. He is from Ohio though, fwiw. I think the Browns take a QB in the 2nd.

Brian Kelly must be a joy to play for. He should transfer, sit a year, & become a number 1 overall pick.

I would SO much rather be in Cleveland's shoes than the Bills.

The Browns have a shot at getting a true franchise QB.

They have a legit chance to build a solid core of players, all through the draft, and they'll have a lot of cap room to integrate parts as needed.

The Bills have a patent on spinning wheels in the mud.

I would SO much rather be in Cleveland's shoes than the Bills.

The Browns have a shot at getting a true franchise QB.

They have a legit chance to build a solid core of players, all through the draft, and they'll have a lot of cap room to integrate parts as needed.

The Bills have a patent on spinning wheels in the mud.

Who is the franchise QB in this draft? Or should they go fully defeated next year as well? I agree with the benefits of all those draft picks, if they have the scouts and FO to do it right. It's a huge opportunity.

But you didn't have to pick #1 to get him. No tank for Dak talk out there. Of course some guy could be a future HOF QB, but you don't have to go 0-16 to get him.

True. I personally just love the load up on draft pick philosophy. The draft is so fluky that with the more picks you have, you just hope to get lucky.

They can get a big time pass rusher like Myles Garrett and then have a ton of picks to either draft guys or make trades.

If you're going to be bad, be really, really bad. Bills bad gets you nothing. I actually think we are a prettt good drafting team but we miss out on some franchise changing talent.

True. I personally just love the load up on draft pick philosophy. The draft is so fluky that with the more picks you have, you just hope to get lucky.

They can get a big time pass rusher like Myles Garrett and then have a ton of picks to either draft guys or make trades.

If you're going to be bad, be really, really bad. Bills bad gets you nothing. I actually think we are a prettt good drafting team but we miss out on some franchise changing talent.

I'm a huge fan of the draft and having great scouts. That's where you beat other teams, and I like the Bills in this respect, despite the Sammy deal. I'm rooting for the Browns to get it together, despite the owner. I love the idea of loading up on picks.

They picked the wrong year to go 0-16. No QB that I have seen looks like a first round pick let alone the first overall.

That is not to say a QB or more that one will not be drafted in the first round. I just don't see any good ones entering the draft this year.

Edited by Dragonborn10