Big-a$$ fire at former Bethlehem Steel plant in Lackawanna

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this on another forum I'm on with a guy from WNY.

That's going to be a mess for a while. Another part of my childhood is gone (probably for the best in this situation).

Bethlehem Steel was part of your childhood?

I mean...child labor laws, of course, but I'm still not surprised...

Cause yet determined. I read somebody mentioned a light bulb fell on some combustible material. Please

I know a guy who worked for a company who changed out old light bulbs with energy efficient ones. He said they changed the bulbs out when the lights where on. He would wear thick heavy duty gloves as the bulbs would be 200 + degrees. So I think it is possible that the bulb could have started the fire.

I know a guy who worked for a company who changed out old light bulbs with energy efficient ones. He said they changed the bulbs out when the lights where on. He would wear thick heavy duty gloves as the bulbs would be 200 + degrees. So I think it is possible that the bulb could have started the fire.

Yeah they were reporting that the light bulb was put on some cardboard. at 200+ degrees that's not a smart move.

I work at the Botanical Gardens. This morning when I got to McKinley Circle, there was a smokey haze and it smelled like an electrical fire (burning plastic). The smell permeated the building. We did not open to the public today and I went home about 11 AM. The smoke was all the way down Dorrance Avenue and the smell was present up to about where the 90 crosses Potters Rd.

Edited by Wacka

I just saw it on the National News and thought same thing as other have posted. New home for the stadium, how far is that from the infamous Lackawanna Dome that never made it?

Are you sure that you didn't mean the Lancaster Dome that never materialized?