Tyrod Taylor played better than expected tonight...

fridge

Tyrod had a very good game, decision making and pocket presence I felt were his best yet. If he wants to be "the guy" he's got to realize Groh was being abused in the middle on that last drive and not take the sacks. I won't say he should have won them the game because you still need your receivers to catch the ball, but he's got to not take the losses there. Hopefully his next step. When that drive started I hoped it would be his coronation but not quite yet.

I thought A. Lynn called a great game and kept Seattle off balance most of the game. With Wood out, I can't judge the playcalling because Groh looked lost out there at times. Fun, hard-fought game even though the result sucks.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I think I really saw only a couple bad plays from Tyrod. But overall happy with his game and if I can get game after game of that type of play we should win a lot of football.

The bad plays

1. Overthrow / Late throw on Woods diving route into end zone, if he gets that out of his hands on time is a TD but no matter still finished the drive with a TD.

2. I think I counted 3 to 4 plays he felt some ghost pressure and bailed on the pocket too early.

3. Some of his throw sways I really wish he would just give his WR a chance to make a play at times.

That's really it nothing really bad there. What I liked about his game was.

1. Was accurate, ball placement was where it should have been on roughly 90% to 95% of the passes.

2. He utilized the deep middle in the 2nd half. What was interesting to me is ESPN had a lot of behind Offense Views and in the 1st half every time they went to that view I specifically looked down the middle of the field. And there was never a route run there.

3. Had command of the offense and going into a hostil stadium that is designed to amplify noise against a top defense he really did move the ball at will.

Would I have liked for him to pull it out. Well of course I would have but if you think about it it should have went to overtime.

I am not one to blame the refs at all but really to take points off the board and call a penalty that you caused by standing over the ball until the play clock ran down is horrible.

So at the end of the game Bills kick a FG and would have took this to overtime.

So I think I really saw only a couple bad plays from Tyrod. But overall happy with his game and if I can get game after game of that type of play we should win a lot of football.

The bad plays

1. Overthrow / Late throw on Woods diving route into end zone, if he gets that out of his hands on time is a TD but no matter still finished the drive with a TD.

2. I think I counted 3 to 4 plays he felt some ghost pressure and bailed on the pocket too early.

3. Some of his throw sways I really wish he would just give his WR a chance to make a play at times.

That's really it nothing really bad there. What I liked about his game was.

1. Was accurate, ball placement was where it should have been on roughly 90% to 95% of the passes.

2. He utilized the deep middle in the 2nd half. What was interesting to me is ESPN had a lot of behind Offense Views and in the 1st half every time they went to that view I specifically looked down the middle of the field. And there was never a route run there.

3. Had command of the offense and going into a hostil stadium that is designed to amplify noise against a top defense he really did move the ball at will.

Would I have liked for him to pull it out. Well of course I would have but if you think about it it should have went to overtime.

I am not one to blame the refs at all but really to take points off the board and call a penalty that you caused by standing over the ball until the play clock ran down is horrible.

So at the end of the game Bills kick a FG and would have took this to overtime.

He missed Clay and Gillislee on one throw away as well that I saw. That was a big miss too. He was really good tonight but not perfect.

that sack looked like there should have been a false start. also, he was grabbed around the neck--I thought that was illegal.

Yeah, there was a false start on that one, it was blatant too. No clue how they didn't call it.

If it was 28 they take 3 at the end of the game and we are in overtime.

yep. game was excellent. if the refs brought the same prep the teams brought, it would have been OT and even better than it was. Bills played like champs. TT was terrific... made all the ridiculous tight throws on the run no one thought he could make. ... bodes well for the last 7 games, in which they will need to string a few together fast after the bye. problem is AJ Green will abuse Gilmore and Tyler Eifert will abuse the safeties just like Graham did. need to put up 30 a game to win. they can do it. get Watkins back and if Shady is healthy, I llike em. Lewis will be fine as replacement center for Wood with the bye week to get ready. this is a team on the rise. Shaq will be a beast. dump Gilmore and put the $$ to use on a replacement. love that Whaley held off on Gilmore with the $$.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

He missed Clay and Gillislee on one throw away as well that I saw. That was a big miss too. He was really good tonight but not perfect.

I get that but rarely are QBs perfect. What I can say though is for the 1st game this year he looked like a QB you want long term throwing the football

I get that but rarely are QBs perfect. What I can say though is for the 1st game this year he looked like a QB you want long term throwing the football

One other thing about TT that we for some reason NEVER discuss on here is his ability to make the 1st guy miss. He keeps more plays alive than any QB including Big Ben at this point. It is one of those things that is hard to quantify because there aren't stats for it but it is important in evaluating him.

I've been critical of Tyrod a lot this season but I'm damn proud of that kid today.

Hostile environment, put under pressure from Mills on a consistent basis, he showed some real poise at times. He was far from perfect but it's something to build on for him. Did enough to keep us in a game that we probably had little hope of winning on paper. If circumstances play out a little differently, we might get OT off the back of his performance.

he's gotta do this the next 7 games. if somehow rex can get the defense going we could go 6 and 2. but it's hard for me to think last night wasnt an abberration

9-7 isn't getting into the playoffs this year. Sorry

Beyond the frustrations of how the game was officiated and the absurdity of the complexity and irrationality of the body of rules in general one positive takeaway from this game is that Tyrod Taylor played a terrific game. He extended plays and made some terrific throws in high pressure situations. Another positive takeaway is the exceptional play of Robert Woods. The regularly invisible receiver played like he is a primary receiver.

Russell Wilson played exceptionally well. Acknowledging that it is fair to say that Tyrod matched him or at the minimum came close to matching him. That is an important positive out of a erratically officiated game.

Below is a link of the highlights. Take special note of the top notch plays that TT made.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/08/video-game-highlights-bills-31-25-loss-seattle/

Edited by JohnC