john murphy bills propaganda machine

Murphy is a joke. I dont even consider him to be a reporter. Just a mouthpiece for a mediocre franchise who insults the fans intelligence on a daily basis. We are just suppossed to blindly follow this franchise and make everyone associated with it rich while getting little in return. Interesting that ratings overall are plumetting. Lousy product that fans are becoming increasingly detached to.

Perfect

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Murph is good at his job.

Sully seemingly gets paid to be negative. Murph gets paid to be positive.

But Murph's's no more positive than many on this site. Some fans just prefer optimism and he strikes me as one of those types.

If I had to be stuck in an elevator with someone, I'd much prefer to be stuck with Murph than Sully.

Perfect

But Murph's's no more positive than many on this site. Some fans just prefer optimism and he strikes me as one of those types.

If I had to be stuck in an elevator with someone, I'd much prefer to be stuck with Murph than Sully.

I dunno...Murph looks like he probably sweats a lot.

I have said it before but I find the apologists who seek out fans to be mad at tend to be the more negative, humorless types.

I gotta' give Cubs fans credit.......as a fanbase they were so in touch with their teams hilarious COMPLETE ineptitude that they were virtually without ego and very classy in victory.

If the Bills won a Super Bowl their apologists would be screaming Brady sucks and acting a fool and all kinds of b*llshit trying to somehow get back the perceived dignity they've lost.

It's a pro sports team..........you don't own it and you aren't alumni........it's just a product.......it's ok to hold them accountable for failure.

Edited by #BADOL

The last sentence will never hit home with a select few.

Seriously, it's ok to criticize your favorite sports team. You can still root for them and criticize. Some people don't understand that.

True, but then you have a few guys that do nothing BUT criticize. Double edged sword, Scott.

If I want to hear bad news or sniping about the Bills, I read a Sullivan article or visit the forums.

My eyes already tell me the team is a trainwreck again this year- I don't to hear it from the Murphy podcast for 3 hours. I like the guys unrelenting and unwarranted optimism about the Bills.

I love Murph and I enjoy his show with Donald Jones.

It is nice to have a local sports show that actually does some background work and books guests and talks about sports.

I don't need him to be bitter or nasty. I can form my own opinions.

I think he's great

All Murph ever cared about was getting Van Millers job.

I don't get it. Who wouldn't want that job. Of course he wanted that job. I could live with or without John Murphy. Van Miller is my favorite play by play guy of all time. Right there with Bob Cole and Dick Enberg for me. Maybe throw Jack Buck in there as well.

If your suggesting myself, I was all praised of the team during the 4 game winning streak.

Going on 17 years. Or is it 18?

Fans don't have a right to B word?

People can do as they please, but the ones that B word all the time and offer no alternative sloutions are FAR worse than the ones tbat are positive, in my opinion. Edited by Tenhigh

I don't get it. Who wouldn't want that job. Of course he wanted that job. I could live with or without John Murphy. Van Miller is my favorite play by play guy of all time. Right there with Bob Cole and Dick Enberg for me. Maybe throw Jack Buck in there as well.

Whats to get? I wasnt really saying anything positive or negative about it, i was just making a statement.

Murph gets some good guests sometimes, runs his show in a pretty organized manner. Yeah, hes a little too much rainbows and unicorns for my tastes, but hes a Bills employee so thats to be expected. I dont turn to Murph for in depth objective football analysis.

But regarding Van, yeah, Van was the man. I would turn down the TV and turn onthe radio broadcast to hear Van, back in the day. I would never do that to hear Murph. I dont like Murph.

Whats to get? I wasnt really saying anything positive or negative about it, i was just making a statement.

Murph gets some good guests sometimes, runs his show in a pretty organized manner. Yeah, hes a little too much rainbows and unicorns for my tastes, but hes a Bills employee so thats to be expected. I dont turn to Murph for in depth objective football analysis.

But regarding Van, yeah, Van was the man. I would turn down the TV and turn onthe radio broadcast to hear Van, back in the day. I would never do that to hear Murph. I dont like Murph.

We're on the same page. I thought you were criticizing him for wanting that job.

I love Murph and I enjoy his show with Donald Jones.

It is nice to have a local sports show that actually does some background work and books guests and talks about sports.

I don't need him to be bitter or nasty. I can form my own opinions.

I think he's great

pretty much my opinion. I don't listen as much anymore since they moved to noon because I have a local radio show I like at that time,but I will listen to the interviews on demand.

I have no issue with Murph - He does what he is supposed to.

The guy I like that's objective, reasoned and knowledgeable is Sal.

He knows enough of the game, has coaching experience, and calls out idiot callers when it's needed.

we act like it matters - Sal is solid, Geary is really really good. Jeremy is a know it all know noting, Howard is a joke, Bulldog when he's by himself is okay when he's not shut his mic off, Schopp the old phrase wouldnt know a football from a meatball is about him. It's a one sports station town so what do you do? Sucks

we act like it matters - Sal is solid, Geary is really really good. Jeremy is a know it all know noting, Howard is a joke, Bulldog when he's by himself is okay when he's not shut his mic off, Schopp the old phrase wouldnt know a football from a meatball is about him. It's a one sports station town so what do you do? Sucks

It's taken me some time, but I actually appreciate Schopp much more now. He expects a caller to have some facts/substance behind their calls. I like Howard and Jeremy, too. And I kinda think Sal is a clown. Hey!! We disagree on pretty much everything!

Wgr actually is pretty critical of the Bills, for being its partner station and all. We had a radio host here in Cbus fired for criticizing Ohio state football program too much in 2011, because the station has a contract with the university. Now there is only one show that really takes the negative viewpoint, and they never get any interviews with coaches or players for that reason.

Edited by YoloinOhio