Rex at game 7

Smiley Dear

Classic thread. And you wonder why the reasonable among us constantly shake our heads at our fellow Bills fans...

I heard that Rex took time away from game planning to have a conversation with his wife on Tuesday also.

Did anybody actually confirm or provide visual evidence he was there?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irony:

The Rex Haters posting complaints about Rex (allegedly) being at game 7 of the historic World Series at a location that is a short flight away from Buffalo on a day off before a Monday Night game

while

they (or most of them) presumably are at work themselves?!?!

Edited by Peter

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-criticized-for-attending-sons-game-at-clemson-on-cut-day/

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/11/rex_ryan_will_be_at_carrier_dome_to_watch_his_son_and_clemson_take_on_syracuse.html

also, jack del rio (6-2). do whatever you want.

It's just like a real job. if i'm underperforming and have a history of underperforming and i'm taking work off to go do other things, it looks really bad. if i'm doing well and performing at my peak and go off during work to do other things, no one is questioning it.

So 2 days in 4 years? 3 if this cubs thing is verified?

You realize that even the coaches who slept in their offices went home and did stuff that simply wasn't publicized. Maybe not often, but they certainly showed up for something. Is that taking time away from their job too? Should we lock them in their office? Assign security? I mean the fans want a win so why not?

Edited by What a Tuel

So 2 days in 4 years? 3 if this cubs thing is verified?

You realize that even the coaches who slept in their offices went home and did stuff that simply wasn't publicized. Maybe not often, but they certainly showed up for something. Is that taking time away from their job too? Should we lock them in their office? Assign security? I mean the fans want a win so why not?

you're right, he deserved some time off. take a breather, fly to Cleveland, catch the World Series, fly back to Buffalo just in time to fly to Seattle to sleepwalk the Bills through another MNF loss. You can kowtow to this BS all you want, but if you don't think he sets a precedent for how his players behave, you're out of your mind. When you accept mediocrity, you get mediocrity.

@mikerodak

Rex Ryan confirms he attended Game 7 of World Series in Cleveland. Calls it a "perfect situation" schedule wise. He took a bus with friends.

Rex Ryan says he and about a dozen friends left during rain delay of Game 7 of World Series. "I hate to admit it," he says. He's a Cubs fan.

@MatthewFairburn

Rob Ryan was in his office at One Bills Drive while Rex Ryan and about a dozen Bills staffers were in Cleveland for Game 7.

@mikerodak

Rex Ryan confirms he attended Game 7 of World Series in Cleveland. Calls it a "perfect situation" schedule wise. He took a bus with friends.

Rex Ryan says he and about a dozen friends left during rain delay of Game 7 of World Series. "I hate to admit it," he says. He's a Cubs fan.

@MatthewFairburn

Rob Ryan was in his office at One Bills Drive while Rex Ryan and about a dozen Bills staffers were in Cleveland for Game 7.

A BUS? Doesn't he know that real coaches fly to things!?

Also, was he with a dozen friends, or a dozen Bills staffers? Either way I don't like it.

Finally, Rob at home? Rex and Rob not connected at the hip? I don't like the sounds of that, I see a fallout happening - Rob will likely quit the Bills sometime in the next 3, nay, 5 weeks...

you're right, he deserved some time off. take a breather, fly to Cleveland, catch the World Series, fly back to Buffalo just in time to fly to Seattle to sleepwalk the Bills through another MNF loss. You can kowtow to this BS all you want, but if you don't think he sets a precedent for how his players behave, you're out of your mind. When you accept mediocrity, you get mediocrity.

Just in time? What does just in time mean to you? The World Series was Wednesday night, he was at work Thursday morning. Thursday. Friday. Saturday Sunday. Yes he got back just in time 4-5 days before the game and 2-3 days before he flies out again.

It's not about him deserving time off, it's about you dictating how much time he spends preparing for his games, and doing his coaching duties with no context or insight beyond that he spent 8 hours in Cleveland one day. What else do you know about his preparation this week? Absolutely nothing. That is why it is ridiculous. I bet you were one of the ones bashing his Edelman prank conference call too.

Edited by What a Tuel

I've got sources (they're legitimate ... believe me) telling me that Rex watched Colbert last night ... and MIGHT watch him every night.

If he's going to be up late at night, don't you think the least he could be doing would be to prepare for the next game?

I cannot WAIT for him to be gone.

Just in time? What does just in time mean to you? The World Series was Wednesday night, he was at work Thursday morning. Thursday. Friday. Saturday Sunday. Yes he got back just in time 4-5 days before the game and 2-3 days before he flies out again.

It's not about him deserving time off, it's about you dictating how much time he spends preparing for his games, and doing his coaching duties with no context or insight beyond that he spent 8 hours in Cleveland one day. What else do you know about his preparation this week? Absolutely nothing. That is why it is ridiculous. I bet you were one of the ones bashing his Edelman prank conference call too.

You're being too pragmatic. I was being facetious about him being just in time, as in i'm so glad you're here now to !@#$ everything up, just in time.

Also, I'm not dictating anything he's doing, because he clearly does and says whatever he wants. and that's working out GRRRRRRReat for us. hasn't had a winning record since 2010 and is navigating us to his fourth 8-8 season in eight years of coaching. But man, at least he gets to watch his kid hold a ball for the kicker!

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

You're being too pragmatic. I was being facetious about him being just in time, as in i'm so glad you're here now to !@#$ everything up, just in time.

Also, I'm not dictating anything he's doing, because he clearly does and says whatever he wants. and that's working out GRRRRRRReat for us. hasn't had a winning record since 2010 and is navigating us to his fourth 8-8 season in eight years of coaching. But man, at least he gets to watch his kid hold a ball for the kicker!

I think you are suffering from a heavy dose of being to close to the situation. Step back, take a deep breath and maybe you won't see every little thing as an indication of why we are losing.

"Rex got coffee for his staff this morning. Man that guy, don't the Bills have people to do that? Instead the head coach is wasting his time getting coffee for his staff, wtf this is why we lose, he should be game planning every second"

That's what you sound like.