Percy Harvin coming back

boco357

Let's see, our QB already has trouble overthrowing WRs...

Whaley: I got an idea,

Rex: Yea, I'm listening

Whaley: Let's bring back 5'10 injury prone who retired early and has been an outcast everywhere he has gone Pery Harvin!

Rex: I tell you what, that's a great idea.....

If he gets hurt? it's not the worst signing in the world, but it's close.

Was Terrell Owens and Plaxico not available?

Are either of them only 28, already know the playbook,offense and coaching staff, and have played with TT? Lame comparison.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it be close to the worst signing in the world? Who would you prefer they sign?

Because its a 1.5 mil contract for 8 games and he is not in football shape. And..its only going to be 8 games if he doesnt get a concussion when he steps off the plane in Buffalo. I like Percy, but this deal makes me scratch my head and wonder what the folks making big money to make these deals are thinking.

For Percy its only 2 words that matter: One Million.

He will have little impact IMHO., and besides we have a QB that only completes 50% of his throws and many of those are dump-offs.

Not crazy about the signing but as always I'd love to eat me some crow !

I'd prefer making a play on that kid from Cleve. Josh Gordon I think? Could be wrong on that,having a brain fart at the moment and besides its probably a mute point because we are very shaky at best at the QB position.

Edited by jaybee

Because its a 1.5 mil contract for 8 games and he is not in football shape. And..its only going to be 8 games if he doesnt get a concussion when he steps off the plane in Buffalo. I like Percy, but this deal makes me scratch my head and wonder what the folks making big money to make these deals are thinking.

He will have little impact IMHO., and besides we have a QB that only completes 50% of his throws and many of those are dump-offs.

I'd prefer making a play on that kid from Cleve. Josh Gordon I think? Could be wrong on that,having a brain fart at the moment and besides its probably a mute point because we are very shaky at best at the QB position.

Be very quiet about this.

If we have the cap space and our owner is willing to pony up the dough for a low risk/potentially high reward scenario, how does your point about the $1M make any sense? Gordon hasn't yet been reinstated, and even if he is, he's one night out with Marcel away from a lifetime ban. Even still, I'd love for us to look at him too. Harvin's pittance has minimal effect on the ability to sign Gordon.

he can hold hands with Reggie Bush and compare paychecks they will not earn.

He will draw the other teams best corner, that's hardly not earning a paycheck, regardless of his production. The threat of him is worth a lot.

If he's got his legs, Harvin will open up the field for the other guys if nothing else.

For a drive or two he will even if he doesn't have legs, just on reputation. Those corners and safeties have watched him do some stuff before in Seattle. That said, they'll likely be ready to hit him too!

For a drive or two he will even if he doesn't have legs, just on reputation. Those corners and safeties have watched him do some stuff before in Seattle. That said, they'll likely be ready to hit him too!

You do know Harvin hasn't been retired for ten years, right?