It's EJ Time

Gugny

Enough excuses.

Tyrod is simply not a good QB.

I don't care if he was good in college. I don't care if we have injuries. I don't care that our defense sucks. I don't care if he was in the Pro Bowl.

All of those facts have nothing to do with his ineptitude.

He's not good.

He can't read a defense.

He holds the ball WAAAY too long.

He can't find open receivers.

When he finds them, he can't throw an accurate pass.

There is no such things as YAC, because he either throws behind them or the need to scoop them off of their shoelaces.

Captain Checkdown?? Schit, he's an Admiral.

I don't think EJ is a great QB, either. But he is better than Tyrod Taylor. Why not put a QB out there who gives us a better chance at winning, albeit not a lot better?

The only other option is to throw Cardale in, but that would be tanking the season and I don't want that.

This offense is embarrassing. It's pathetic. It's ineffective and it is absolutely no fun to watch.

And it all comes down to crappy play at the most important position on the field.

Tyrod needs to be benched and EJ should be the starter.

Go Bills.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills had a healthy Watkins, McCoy, Woods, etc and Tyrod was still struggling the way he has been, then I might also be on board with giving Manuel another shot.

But putting EJ in there right now would accomplish nothing but create continuity problems, and do so with only a minimal chance of seeing any improvement in the offense.

I think it's just too much risk without enough reward.

As for Cardale, let's just say that he is nowhere near ready to manage an NFL offense, even one in it's simplest, most basic form.

Edited by Simon

No chance in my opinion. The Bills need to decide if they want to pay TT 27 mil for 3 years after this season or move on. Plus Rex is still in fear of his job so he will try and get to at least 8-8 if at all possible.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If the Bills had a healthy Watkins, McCoy, Woods, etc and Tyrod was still struggling the way he has been, then I might also be on board with giving Manuel another shot.

But putting EJ in there right now would accomplish nothing but create continuity problems, and do so with only a minimal chance of seeing any improvement in the offense.

I think it's just too much risk without enough reward.

As for Cardale, let's just say that he is nowhere near ready to manage an NFL offense, even one in it's simplest, most basic form.

Because continuity of failure works?

I doubt there is a QB in the league that could have made use of the Bills receivers on Sunday with all of them looking like they should be in a hospital ward instead of an NFL field. Yes, there were a few overthrows and bad passes but there were also balls that should have been caught that weren't.

EJ isn't going to fair any better with this current crop of receivers and all that will happen is more turnovers, more sacks and less big plays being made under pressure.

The Bills are darn lucky to have a player like Taylor and he simply shouldn't have been asked to throw it 38 times vs 26 rushes and especially when the RB is getting 7.1 yards per carry.

I'd rather see Cardale out there, than EJ, really. I'm a fan of keeping EJ as our backup (assuming he's cheap). I've seen enough of Tyrod, considering how long he's been in the league, to know he's not going to win games for us the way we need a QB to do.

EJ is terrible. Always has been, always will be. He seems like a great guy and a hard worker, so I get why people root for him. I was one of them for a long time, but you have to call a spade a spade. He's simply terrible, tyrod on his worst day is better than EJ on his best. Honestly, it's shocking to me that anyone still thinks he could be viable

EJ isn't under contract next year, TT might be. Who would you prefer to evaluate? The guy who will absolutely not be on the team? or the guy who might?

Also - what from yesterday pushed you over the edge? The fact that we lost to a vastly superior opponent?

Why would we keep Tyrod ? He should play for Navy or Georgia Tech

Ball security is no substitute for scoring....especially when you're playing a team that scores when they have the ball.

No arguments there; but throwing EJ out there without Watkins, McCoy or Woods isn't likely to put any more points on the board. It's more likely to lead to an increase in turnovers and more fumbled snaps, broken plays, mishandled exchanges, etc.