Now we know why Hogan's offer sheet wasn't matched

YoloinOhio

Duff's in Rochester sucks. Went there on a Thursday night about 9:30pm. Waited 20 minutes to get served, ordered 20 wings, then waited 40 minutes a lousy 20 wings. I hear lunch is better. I'd go elsewhere, except nobody else in Rochester has a clue about wings.

Went there one time and will never go back. Wings are lousy all the time from what I've heard. Still good in Buffalo. Normally order Wings over Rochester if I want wings.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duff's in Rochester sucks. Went there on a Thursday night about 9:30pm. Waited 20 minutes to get served, ordered 20 wings, then waited 40 minutes a lousy 20 wings. I hear lunch is better. I'd go elsewhere, except nobody else in Rochester has a clue about wings.

Country Sweet

Jeremiahs ( been awhile )

Guidas pizza penfield

J&Ls Fairport

there are more of course.

Have Duffs Rochester on my list but, not a high priority. Decided i am going back to deep frying my own when i get my next craving. Going to Skips and score two pounds for about 6 bucks and eat them for the game. and use real blue cheese crumble to make my own dipping sauce.

F Hogan

Went there one time and will never go back. Wings are lousy all the time from what I've heard. Still good in Buffalo. Normally order Wings over Rochester if I want wings.

duly noted Sir!

Country Sweet

Jeremiahs ( been awhile )

Guidas pizza penfield

J&Ls Fairport

there are more of course.

Have Duffs Rochester on my list but, not a high priority. Decided i am going back to deep frying my own when i get my next craving. Going to Skips and score two pounds for about 6 bucks and eat them for the game. and use real blue cheese crumble to make my own dipping sauce.

F Hogan

duly noted Sir!

I'd still recommend trying them just because it's Duff's but the quality compared to Buffalo is easily noticeable.

Not a big duff's guy TBH. I'll throw Gabriel's gate into the mix though. Those were some good wings. Barbill are also very good. And I have had really good wings at Anchor bar once. Anchor bar's pizza was actually really good too...

Honestly, of all the places people swear have good wings, Gabriel's is the one place I've never had good wings once on multiple occasions to the point I gave up. Most overrated wings. As a died in the wool Buffalonian, I go anywhere someone says they're good and I've been everywhere. Gabriel's is bottom of the list, just below Anchor. So many good spots, my current faves, which are slightly off the traditional Bflo recipe, but consistently good and crispy are 911 and Kelly's Korner.

I personally like Big Tree and Bar Bill but haven't been to Elmo's, heard they are good. Been to Gabriels Gate once but got a salad. Also LaNova wings are very good. Anchor Bar is way down on the list, to recommend them to an out of towner is shameful.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not insane. Well some might think so, but I swear I'm not.

As a friend says "I am not insane, I am Polish".

A Polish farmer is plowing his field when he hits an obstruction in the soil - a dirty old lamp. He picks it up and rubs it to clean it off, and a genie appears in a puff of smoke.

"Thank goodness you found my lamp I was getting bored," says the Genie. "I will grant you any three wishes you desire."

The farmer thinks and thinks and finally says: "I want the Mongols to invade Poland... and then go home."

The genie looks confused, but he shrugs, and snaps his fingers, and the Mongols invade. They rampage through the country, looting and pillaging... and then they go home.

"OK," says the genie, "that was your first wish. What else do you want?"

"I want the Mongols to invade Poland again... and then go home."

The genie sighs. "Fine, it's your wish, I guess." He snaps his fingers again, and the Mongols return. They set the farmhouse on fire, and steal the chickens, and then they go home.

"And what is your final wish?" asks the genie.

"I want the Mongols to invade Poland again, and then go home," says the farmer without hesitation.

So the Mongols invade once again, and steal everything that isn't nailed down. They steal the farmer's old wife, and his plow, and rough him up a bit, and then they leave.

As they are both standing in the smoking, ransacked ruins of the farmhouse, the genie says: "OK, I have to know. What the hell was that about? You could have wished for anything in the whole world, and you had the Mongols invade your own country three times, and totally destroy it. Why?!"

The farmer looks very pleased with himself. "Well, you see, in order to invade us three times and go home, they had to go through Russia six times!"

Edited by Koolaid

If I wanted to drink hot sauce with a side of chicken wings, id go to Duffs. If I wanted to eat an actual chicken wing, I would go somewhere else.

This guy has it right!

Like where?

Anywhere else in Buffalo...................seriously

The farmer looks very pleased with himself. "Well, you see, in order to invade us three times and go home, they had to go through Russia six times!"

Love it! :thumbsup:

Anywhere else in Buffalo...................seriously

You gotta give specifics or else your vote doesn't count. It is not useful information to just say anywhere else. C'mon man.

Ok, this anchor bar thing has jumped the shark! Now it's so cool to say the Anchor Bar has the worst wings ever and the best spot is some hole in the way place on Hertel called the Colonie Lounge.

But Hogan probably likes the anchor bar because they have a better outdoor area so he can burn his heaters.

Personally? I like Gabriels Gate the best. I actually like Anchor Bar, never had a bad experience like some have. Wings have always been good for me. Bar Bill is good.

I don't even know what this means dorkue

Big fan of Gabriel's, though the last time I was there, there were some monster rats around.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Personally? I like Gabriels Gate the best. I actually like Anchor Bar, never had a bad experience like some have. Wings have always been good for me. Bar Bill is good.

I don't even know what this means dorkue

Never had Gabriels Gate wings. Gotta try em. As far as Anchor Bar goes - I feel like they are very much over-rated. To me they are not even a little above average. Truly just average. I prefer the wings at Buffalo Wild Wings over Anchor Bar in all honesty. I like Duffs - but have only had the ones from Duffs in Orchard Park/West Seneca whateverthehellthatisthere. I have had Barbills in the past - They were fantastic. I avoid East Aurora now though as the last couple times I was through there the congestion was ridiculous.

I was hoping people would be throwing out the names of little corner taverns who have awesome wings so I would have an excuse to do a pub tour.

Edited by PolishDave

I'm an Anchor Bar guy as long as we're talking about the original location. Never had a bad experience there.

How many different places around WNY have you had wings though dude? Couldn't have been that many if you think that Anchor Bar's are the best. Or maybe we just have way different ideas of what a wing is supposed to be like?

In my experience, just about any local corner tavern that offers wings, makes them at least as good as anchor bar's. Usually better.

How many different places around WNY have you had wings though dude? Couldn't have been that many if you think that Anchor Bar's are the best. Or maybe we just have way different ideas of what a wing is supposed to be like?

In my experience, just about any local corner tavern that offers wings, makes them at least as good as anchor bar's. Usually better.

only corner tavern that I thought was terrible is mammosers in Hamburg.

Ok, this anchor bar thing has jumped the shark! Now it's so cool to say the Anchor Bar has the worst wings ever and the best spot is some hole in the way place on Hertel called the Colonie Lounge.

But Hogan probably likes the anchor bar because they have a better outdoor area so he can burn his heaters.

Big fan of Gabriel's, though the last time I was there, there were some monster rats around.

First off, I love Gabriel's Gate but YUCK on the rats (I hate them).

The ability for Hogan to rip cigarettes on a patio is a great tiebreaker!! BTW, I expect a big game from him this weekend.

Anchor Bar has good wings (especially the original). I do not think that they are the best but they are certainly good. The Colonie Lounge is the place that you go when you are too depressed to go over the falls in a barrel.