Why aren't the Bills being more aggressive during the trade?

JTO

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see the Pats and various other teams making beneficial moves during the deadline. If I were Rex, I would sit with Whaley and tell him to try and get me a better receiver and better backup RB in order to compete in the weeks ahead. He should be all in or it's curtains for him. Bush has been a waste of money so far and that one receiver (can't remember his name) who earned the final receiver job has been a non factor. We need athleticism, and players that know how to play.

I would look at Chicago first to inquire about Jeffries, then San Fran. As far as RB, let's kick the tires on you know who (wife beater). It's playoffs or bust.

What's so beneficial about the Pats trade?

Does anyone know the last time a player was traded at the deadline and they made a significant impact? Im genuinely curious.

Made an impact on the OP, didn't it?

I am sure Whaley is looking into deals for a WR(or any other position for the matter), but other teams know about the Bills problem at WR and their asking price is way too high. Whaley has always looked to improve the teams roster. I would definitely be doing my due diligence on Josh Gordon, and making a value trade offer if possible

I'm very happy with our team as presently constituted...but for major inuries, we would be fine. Remember, if Dareus and Woods don't go to IR, and you bring someone in, then you need to cut someone. Who would that be?

Bush

I doubt Pegula is going to let Whaley make any more moves for the Buffalo Bills. I mean look at what he's done by letting Bradham and M. Lawson go and screwing us with Alexander and the Brown's. He's not capable so he shouldn't be allowed to be aggressive.

You see the Pats and various other teams making beneficial moves during the deadline. If I were Rex, I would sit with Whaley and tell him to try and get me a better receiver and better backup RB in order to compete in the weeks ahead. He should be all in or it's curtains for him. Bush has been a waste of money so far and that one receiver (can't remember his name) who earned the final receiver job has been a non factor. We need athleticism, and players that know how to play.

I would look at Chicago first to inquire about Jeffries, then San Fran. As far as RB, let's kick the tires on you know who (wife beater). It's playoffs or bust.

Why do you assume Whaley hasn't been inquiring? If we know nothing else of Whaley during his tenure it's that he's always open to making a deal and he's always watching the waiver wire. But because the Bills have needs doesn't mean the right deal is out there. What if the Bears wanted a first for Jeffrey? Or a first and a third? Would it be worth trading assets for a WR, like Jeffrey, who is a FA at the end of the year? The Bills still have to re-sign some of these players who are on one year deals, like Lo Alexander and Zach Brown, if it's possible. They have to decide what to do with Gilmore, Woods and also get ready to pay Darby and Sammy in the next couple years. Or what if the Bears said Jeffrey is not available?

And Ray Rice hasn't played in a year and half. Not a great option.

Edited by purple haze

The ONLY trade the Bills need to seek is for a QB!! Someone who's accurate not only with the deep passes, but with the intermediate routes too. Someone who can hit targets in the middle of the field. My wish list would be Rivers, Stafford, Brees.

LOL

yep this happens all the time

Franchise QB's get trade mid season every year.

Please what a joke! Waste of space post.

Name me the last true franchise WB to get traded?

Find a WR for crying out loud!

seriously?

Yes he is going to be suspended 10 games next year. Plus he's not a true NT so he doesnt necessarily fit Rex's scheme. Not to mention he makes $100 million. Is he worth it? Not to us. Our defense was playing well without him. Hes good but not good value all things considered

Yes he is going to be suspended 10 games next year. Plus he's not a true NT so he doesnt necessarily fit Rex's scheme. Not to mention he makes $100 million. Is he worth it? Not to us. Our defense was playing well without him. Hes good but not good value all things considered

You might be right on the 10 game suspension....you might not

but there is no doubt of Marcel's football talent.....and it is sorely missed

If you honestly think Dareus isn't an absolute stud than your opinion on football just lost huge value.