Will Doug Marrone be the Jags HC when they come to New Era?

YoloinOhio

Will Doug Marrone be the Jags interim HC when they come to town?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Doug Marrone be the Jags interim HC when they come to town 11/27?

• Yes. Gus will finally be canned within the next month.
    • No. Gus has more lives than a cat.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i also thought he was similar to an EJ type project but then really second guessed myself when he looked pretty good last year. He has regressed terribly. Coincidentally he has EJ's WB coach Nate Hackett.

I liked him coming out. The throwing motion doesn't worry me - Geno Smith has a very nice throwing motion, Philip Rivers doesn't. I think it is one of the least reliable indicators of pro-success. A smooth, textbook throwing motion is a "nice to have" not a must.

He was good last year but has definitely taken a step back this year. I think there has been improvement the past 3 or 4 weeks and I still think the offensive line is by far the biggest problem with the Jags offense.

I still believe he can be a franchise Quarterback. He is likely to get a totally new staff and scheme to work in next year and at that stage it will be sink or swim for him.

Based on the jags o line tonight I'd say Marone could be part of the problem. Also their QB coach seems to be working some serious magic 'til he pukes with last years 4400 yd 18 td passer.

wow...i was like so many and thought the Jags were the deal this year..partly based on stats like this 4400yd, 35 TDs last year. Guess all those that said he racked up a bunch of stats in junk time were right . I mean he has 330, 3 tds yesterday and they were pure junk.

I will offer again..i have a$100 ticket on the Jags winning the AFC at 40-1...will sell it for a cup of Timmy's before the Sabre game on Saturday

wow...i was like so many and thought the Jags were the deal this year..partly based on stats like this 4400yd, 35 TDs last year. Guess all those that said he racked up a bunch of stats in junk time were right . I mean he has 330, 3 tds yesterday and they were pure junk.

I will offer again..i have a$100 ticket on the Jags winning the AFC at 40-1...will sell it for a cup of Timmy's before the Sabre game on Saturday

haha this is one reason why I'm not a stats person.

haha this is one reason why I'm not a stats person.

i thought i heard on one of the GR shows tthat one of the stat places only consdiers metrics now when the game is "close" . What close means I guess is up to interpretation.

With our two teams..no matter the lead...the other team is always"close"

@adamschefter

After Jacksonville's loss to Tennessee last night, Jaguars owner Shad Khan told the Florida Times Union that Gus Bradley would not be fired.

Ah, the vote of confidence!

Kinda similar assessment to EJ. Has the positives of a decent arm, frame and above-average athletic ability.

Never felt he was that accurate, made poor decisions when forced to make multiple reads, didn't really anticipate. Under my current grading system, probably a 3rd round project.

Can't fault them for being enamoured with him at the time. Just that the 'first round pick' label forced him into action before he could grow as a player. A shame really, he seems like a right laugh off the field.

I made the same point during his draft. It always blew my mind that BB was considered a top 3 pick and EJ was such a reach. If you removed their names, their draft profiles were pretty much exactly the same.

Bortles is the reason why fantasy football is such BS. He is the king of garbage time. He somehow ended up with 3 tds in a game where they got destroyed by the freaking Titans. I believe he has 3 career 1st quarter td passes.

As for Marrone, I wish him the worst.