Injuries

OhDozeBills

Yeah, great draft! Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland will be studs! Oh wait, they're both hurt. Well we still got our best Defensive player Marcel. Nah, forget about him too, he won't play at least half the year. Well at least we got two studs on the offensive side of the ball, Watkins and Shady will carry us. Uh, nope they're down too. Looks like Woods and Salas will have to pick us up....errr, sorry but they're injured as well. And on, and on, and on. Damn, Gragg looks pretty good, will provide some nice TE depth...ooops.

I mean, yeah injuries happen to every team but seriously!?!? I mean can't Reggie Bush pull a hammy? Why are all our best players getting hurt, and these aren't just one week injuries either.

At my wits end with this. Can someone convince me how we are going to beat the Dolphins? It's a crucial game, but it comes a point where you just can't replace your top playmakers on both sides of the ball. Sure, we've had guys step up BIG TIME, but no Shady, Darius again, Woods possibly out. Yeah Shaw will play but the guys still a rookie with 3 NFL practices under his belt.

It'll be a miracle if they can find a way to win Sunday.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miracle?

Against the worst run defense in the league?

They'll probably still run it down the Dolphins' throats and get Clay more involved in the passing game. Of course, Hunter and Powell will be expected to step up. Who knows, maybe Goodwin will torch them for a couple long bombs. This is as good a game as any to get that deep passing game going.

The defense has been doing fine all this time without Dareus/Reggie/Shaq, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about there.

Can't tell if you're just being a troll, but my response should provide reason for you to back off the ledge.

Calm yourselves

1 - Tyrod's elusiveness in the pocket is out of this world IMO. Against a team like the dolphins, this ability alone will allow our lesser receivers to get open and the offense to score.

2 - the defense is playing as a team unit. I expect them to continue play well.

In previous years anytime optimism was mentioned on this site, I couldn't buy into it because it was always the result of a single win. This team has shown in 4 straight weeks that it's legit. Proof is in the pudding or whatever, they look good.

Yeah, great draft! Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland will be studs! Oh wait, they're both hurt. Well we still got our best Defensive player Marcel. Nah, forget about him too, he won't play at least half the year. Well at least we got two studs on the offensive side of the ball, Watkins and Shady will carry us. Uh, nope they're down too. Looks like Woods and Salas will have to pick us up....errr, sorry but they're injured as well. And on, and on, and on. Damn, Gragg looks pretty good, will provide some nice TE depth...ooops.

I mean, yeah injuries happen to every team but seriously!?!? I mean can't Reggie Bush pull a hammy? Why are all our best players getting hurt, and these aren't just one week injuries either.

At my wits end with this. Can someone convince me how we are going to beat the Dolphins? It's a crucial game, but it comes a point where you just can't replace your top playmakers on both sides of the ball. Sure, we've had guys step up BIG TIME, but no Shady, Darius again, Woods possibly out. Yeah Shaw will play but the guys still a rookie with 3 NFL practices under his belt.

It'll be a miracle if they can find a way to win Sunday.

You know what? You're right, it's frustrating.

At the same time, every team goes through this...Steelers have lost Ben and played their first 3 games without Bell. They don't have Martavis Bryant either.

NE lost Brady to suspension, their 2 backup QBs to injuries, and didn't have Gronk to start the year. They're also now without their best defensive player in Collins.

How do they beat Miami? Play stifling defense, grind out drives on the ground with whichever RBs are in the lineup, and hit a few big plays in the passing game to guys like Hunter, Goodwin, and Clay. Is that going to be easy? No way, no how...doesn't change the fact that it's the only path to victory.

Green Bay won handily last night with a WR playing RB - it can be done. You adjust your game plan accordingly. We have perhaps the best run blocking offensive line in the league right now. I fully anticipate that we run all day with longer drives and more time of possession (no breaking the 20-30 yd TD runs that Shady does).

You know it's bad when you are banking on glass Goodwin to stay healthy.

Also, don't forget that clay and Felton are banged up.

I'm not banking on it - but he keeps coming back.

Can we change his name to Invisible goodwin instead?

Green Bay won handily last night with a WR playing RB - it can be done. You adjust your game plan accordingly. We have perhaps the best run blocking offensive line in the league right now. I fully anticipate that we run all day with longer drives and more time of possession (no breaking the 20-30 yd TD runs that Shady does).

Maybe some more of the wacky 2 QB stuff unfortunately. I prefer it in the shotgun vs. the under center stuff. But if we want to run a few wishbone triple options or something with EJ, i'm cool with it...

Well, they were at home playing the Bears. They're also a passing team and had Rodgers and all his receivers healthy.

Miracle?

Against the worst run defense in the league?

They'll probably still run it down the Dolphins' throats and get Clay more involved in the passing game. Of course, Hunter and Powell will be expected to step up. Who knows, maybe Goodwin will torch them for a couple long bombs. This is as good a game as any to get that deep passing game going.

The defense has been doing fine all this time without Dareus/Reggie/Shaq, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about there.

Can't tell if you're just being a troll, but my response should provide reason for you to back off the ledge.

Miracle is an exaggeration, just so frustrating that the injuries are happening to key playmakers, two of which happened in practice. We didn't start out with the most talented WR group to begin with and very little depth behind Watkins and Woods. I'd be happy to at least have Salas at this point! At some point something has to give and we can't be surprised if we lose to Miami who's fairly healthy and coming off a big win. If the Bills can win this one, I'd have to say it'll be their most impressive one yet.

The same defense has played all 6 games. Dareus and Lawson have been out the whole season. They are doing fine.. They haven't even played this year so how can you say the sky is falling?

The offense on the other hand.. They need Felton to play or the Bills will be lucky to get 100 yards rushing

Edited by Mr. Negative

I get what the OP is saying,,,but you can't be overly upset about Shaq, Ragland and Dareus since they haven't even played a down yet. Just think when they do come back you're plugging in 1st/2nd round talent to an already good D.

Watkins and Shady? eh, they are fragile. I'm surprised Shady lasted a healthy 6 weeks before tweaking something. Other guys will (and have) stepped up. The only player we really can't afford to lose is Tyrod imo. He doesn't get enough credit for what he does out there to keep plays alive.