McCoy asks Bills fans to be respectful of Kaepernick

Yeezus

Maybe, and more likely, he is just doing something nice for men and women in uniform. God knows he may need it after that bar brawl in February

I think that's right. Even though those cops tried to use their status to rob McCoy's crew then tried to fight them and lost the fight. Then filed a butthurt lawsuit. But McCoy is smart to enough to know he should make doubly sure that people know he supports honest law enforcement.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm flying up to Buffalo for a family emergency, and may attend the game Sunday. Between the facts that it will be my first regular season home game in Buffalo in 22 years, and I have/had active family members in the military. I will not show respect of any kind to that SOB. Just as its his right to kneel, it's my right to express my feelings towards him. To each their own, I guess...... Go Bills!

https://twitter.com/NickVeronica/status/786275169203609601

Hope Bills fans don't make a fool of themselves. Be loud but don't be stupid. Just b/c we won 3 games in a row against bad teams doesn't mean were some power house team again. Let us remember we are still the Buffalo Bills and no game is a easy win.

no respect earned no given

My interpretation of McCoy's tweet is that he's urging people to not do the wrong thing. I sincerely doubt any professional athlete would consider booing, chanting USA to troll him, or even yelling that he sucks as the wrong thing.

I think he's talking about extremes, like throwing things at him, yelling profanities about his wife/children/family, etc.

On a related note - I would bet my life that there will be multiple a-holes burning Kaep jerseys at tailgates. Those will be the same idiots yelling stupid schit at Kaep during the national anthem.

But if Kaep wants to say, burn a US flag well, that's his right to protest. The hypocrisy on this board.... And I've seen opposing jerseys burned at other games years ago .. Marino etc. So what? It's America, we have the right to disagree with someone who's trying to turn a football game into a protest by disrespecting the flag to advance a false narrative.

I think that's right. Even though those cops tried to use their status to rob McCoy's crew then tried to fight them and lost the fight. Then filed a butthurt lawsuit. But McCoy is smart to enough to know he should make doubly sure that people know he supports honest law enforcement.

Which the vast majority of Ofiicers are, unless your Kaep. Then all Officers are racist and a small percentage of people being shot by cops because they wouldn't follow simple instructions proves it.

I'm more offended by Kaep's being a vegan in Buffalo.

"Colin Kaepernick Hates Buffalo Wings, Calls Eating Meat An Abomination" now that's an article title I could be outraged about.

The 49ers are actually offended by it. He's down to less than 220 lbs, and it's one of the reasons they aren't happy with him.

While I commend Shady for saying that, I thought it just came out that NFL players no longer post their own social media posts. Unless he physically said it (at which point I retract this post), is this fluff from the NFL in an attempt to "keep the peace"? Shady is probably the highest profile Bills player right now IMO. If it's the intentions of the NFL to urge "respect", who better to do it than the highest profile player.

But if Kaep wants to say, burn a US flag well, that's his right to protest. The hypocrisy on this board.... And I've seen opposing jerseys burned at other games years ago .. Marino etc. So what? It's America, we have the right to disagree with someone who's trying to turn a football game into a protest by disrespecting the flag to advance a false narrative.

Which the vast majority of Ofiicers are, unless your Kaep. Then all Officers are racist and a small percentage of people being shot by cops because they wouldn't follow simple instructions proves it.

If you don't think burning a jersey is stupid, under any circumstance, then I guess we just don't agree on that.

And why would you throw a big "IF" Kaep burned a jersey scenario into it? That's not reality. Reality is he quietly did not stand.

He's not trying to turn a football game into anything. Do I think it's the right time for a protest? No. But if you don't look at him, it shouldn't bother you ... unlike a burning piece of clothing, which is why comparing the two is just plain stupid.

Respect is something to be earned, not given, and no one is entitled to it simply by virtue of being.

Lots of people don't think Colin Kaepernick is deserving of their respect, and they are entitled to tell him that.

Wait, what? I am entitled to go up to anyone I don't respect and tell them that? Alrighty then...

When are opposing fans not heckled for cheering for the opposing team?

I don't know, you tell me? Depends on the fans. Point is, why the phuck should anyone be harassed for cheering for the other team? It's childish in every way. Mob mentality is an interesting study in psychology.

If you don't think burning a jersey is stupid, under any circumstance, then I guess we just don't agree on that.

And why would you throw a big "IF" Kaep burned a jersey scenario into it? That's not reality. Reality is he quietly did not stand.

He's not trying to turn a football game into anything. Do I think it's the right time for a protest? No. But if you don't look at him, it shouldn't bother you ... unlike a burning piece of clothing, which is why comparing the two is just plain stupid.

if I ran out of toilet paper and only had a tkm brafy jersey beside me. I'd still burn the jersey.

Is anyone who may cheer for Kaepernick subject to harassment from all the honorable patriots in the crowd?

I'd talk **** to them all game. Just like I did in Baltimore. Just like I did to the panthers fans in Carolina. Just like I always do. Cuz I'm racist

if I ran out of toilet paper and only had a tkm brafy jersey beside me. I'd still burn the jersey.

I'd talk **** to them all game. Just like I did in Baltimore. Just like I did to the panthers fans in Carolina. Just like I always do. Cuz I'm racist

I don't know if you are a racist or not, but assuming it has nothing to do with that, were you engaging in good natured back and forth with opposing fans? That's fine and actually can make for an enjoyable experience as it should. Or were you purposely being an a$$hole? If so, that's phucked up.

Edited by K-9

I don't know if you are a racist or not, but assuming it has nothing to do with that, were you engaging in good natured back and forth with opposing fans? That's fine and actually can make for an enjoyable experience as it should. Or were you purposely being an !@#$? If so, that's phucked up.

the group in front was friendly banter. the group to my 10-11 was more jeering and laughing when they messed up. The group behind and port side was nothing but **** talking. And the couple to my left was simple talking about the game.

I got a few threats. I got told to sit down when we scored or something stupid happened. I got cheers when I called Rex a fat moron.

I talked **** not because their skin color. But because they wore purple. What kind of sissy wears purple.

Edited by Boyst62

I don't know, you tell me? Depends on the fans. Point is, why the phuck should anyone be harassed for cheering for the other team? It's childish in every way. Mob mentality is an interesting study in psychology.

I agree with you that it's silly. I don't heckle opposing fans. I'll have an occasional have a good natured back and forth, but that's the extent of it. But you know as well as I that it happens all the time. My point was that the heckling will be overly attributed to Kaeps views when it's just regular heckling.