Beware Carlos Hyde

YoloinOhio

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills SHOULD win this game, but there is plenty to be concerned about. SF is desperate, they play fast (won't be able to substitute much on D) they have extra time to get ready/heal up from playing Thursday, and we don't know who their QB will be but both are threats in the run game. It won't be easy, just hoping the home crowd will help them pull this one out.

i agree with this. I hope the east coast early game, QB controversy and Crowd noise make a difference. But I still think we will need to create turnovers and play at a high level of intensity to win. I don't trust our offense to score a lot of points on its own. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree with this. I hope the east coast early game, QB controversy and Crowd noise make a difference. But I still think we will need to create turnovers and play at a high level of intensity to win. I don't trust our offense to score a lot of points on its own.

Yeah, the way I look at it, if the Bills don't overlook them, take the same mentality and preparation they have for the past 3 weeks, play smart & execute, they should win. But it's far from a gimmie and they'll have to play well to win. If they lose a little bit of hunger and focus, they stand a chance to lose. Just don't think we're good enough (or have the QB that can lead us from a 10+ point deficit) to have a subpar performance and expect to pull out the W. Hopefully they have this mindset.

He's the best RB we've faced this season IMO. He has 6 TDs already. Bills tried to trade up for him in 2014 in 2nd rd, before they decided to trade for 'He who shall not be named' end zone fumbler. Has battled injuries first couple years but he capable of huge numbers and a great blocker as well.

I'm nervous. Hyde runs like a truck.

Return of "Big Daddy" Dareus.

Put Gurley and Johnson behind San Frans Offensive line and you will see HUGE Games from them.

THey are better RBs than Hyde

SFs Oline is bi-polar tho, they can run block but their pass blocking is HORRENDOUS. I was watching the SF game vs Cards and they always had pressure on them within 2-3 seconds, Gabberts running for his life the whole game. I think we have a better D-Line then ARZ just hoping they start Gabbert on us, its a trap game. Also Kerley is the only WR for them making plays. Celek the TE is good too but not being used right.

Nice Khaled reference! :lol::lol:

agreed. Preparing for 3 different QBs though might be a bit taxing.

I just hope Kap dont come in with a spark cuz of all the adversity, Im hoping we get Gabbert, who has a knack for throwing picks, BUT inside sources say Chip Kelly will INDEED start Kapernick, so this game just got a little harder.

Rex-

"Marcell was having a great week and pulled his hamstring in practice last week. We aren't sure about him for this week."

:(

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Really gonna need that guy to get on the field at some point this season. Any updates on Sammy?

Can I be in your fantasy league next year?

Hyde is only beat out by David Johnson in PPR leagues so far this year. So you can be in mine ;)

David Johnson 81 FFPTS 5 tds (2 against Buffalo)

Carlos Hyde 69.9 FFPTS 6 tds

Matt Forte 66.1 FFPTS 3 tds (all against Buffalo)

Legarrette Blount 60.6 FFPTS 5 tds

Not that fantasy has anything to do with this.

Carlos Hyde is a threat we need to account for.

He's the best RB we've faced this season IMO. He has 6 TDs already. Bills tried to trade up for him in 2014 in 2nd rd, before they decided to trade for 'He who shall not be named' end zone fumbler. Has battled injuries first couple years but he capable of huge numbers and a great blocker as well.

I'm nervous. Hyde runs like a truck.

Who cares, he gained 78 yards on 28 carries against a team we ran for well over 200 on. McCoy is better than he is and we are facing their 31st ranked run D. We might put up 300 yards on the ground. Taylor might have a stat line looking like a Navy QB this week...7 of 10 for 85 yards and a TD. Edited by matter2003

If taking Carlos Hyde away isn't the number one focus of Rex's game plan this week, there's something wrong. The Bills aren't going to overlook the 49ers' best offensive player.

It appears that Rex is quite capable of going after one-dimensional teams. He did so with the Rams and I'd expect the same with SF on Sunday. I'd also expect the QB to get about 200 yards passing, just because we emphasize the run so much. I'm glad we'll play Miami prior to NE* Otherwise we might be a little too accustomed to playing unbalanced, run-oriented teams. NE* will definitely come at us in various ways.

Gurley's most effective play in the 4th qtr yesterday was recovering his own fumble. The guy does not look worth a 10th overall pick at this point.

it was embarrassing watching him play yesterday. Even Tavon Austin. Guys are so talented but have so little football smarts and so little of whatever you want to call it that guys like drew Brees, Eric moulds, ladaanian tomlinson. They just dont have anything but pure athletic skill. His is one thing that big10 and urban Meyersrecuitsrecruits do so well at. This is why our boy heuerman is going to succeed. This is why cardale Jones will be in the league a while.

Gurley just didnt anything more than run all sorts of crazy until he gets so etching. He is CJ spiller

Now Ezekiel Elliot. That guy had it all coming out. I'm fine with LoRax mbut I'd like Daron Lee. tOSU!

no, I didn't forget. He is better than all of them at this point, IMO. DJ, from a stats perspective, is more versatile in passing game but I like Hyde better as a bellcow RB.

You are letting your BuckEYES skew what you see. DJ is a superior back. Gurley does what Hyde does even better. Gurley just has no Oline.

I kinda get where Yolo's coming from. We've had a three-game winning streak, and we're going to be playing a 1-4 team at home. It's a natural, Bills-fan, knee-jerk reaction to exercise one's inner chicken little. We are, after all, the Bills. This is exactly the kind of game we could find a way to lose.

I kinda get where Yolo's coming from. We've had a three-game winning streak, and we're going to be playing a 1-4 team at home. It's a natural, Bills-fan, knee-jerk reaction to exercise one's inner chicken little. We are, after all, the Bills. This is exactly the kind of game we could find a way to lose.

yeah, I don't think they are that bad. They have some good young pass rushers. Won't be easy. Chip beat us last year, btw. Shady is our whole offense right now and he knows his tendencies well.