5-2 When The Pats Come To Town On 10/30

H2o

Not trying to get ahead of ourselves, nor jinx us, but we should be 5-2 when the Pats come to Buffalo on 10/30/16. The 49ers and Dolphins are both games we should, and God knows I hope, win. That being said it could possibly set up the biggest game for the Bills in 10 years. Tom Brady is back so they will likely be 6-1 heading into that game. If the defense keeps rolling like it has been, along with Dareus and Lawson in the fold, Marsha could be taking a beating ALL DAY LONG.The Ralph will be ROCKIN that day for certain. Can you imagine sweeping the Pats and having an outright division lead going into the first week of November? GO BILLS!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to get ahead of ourselves, nor jinx us, but we should be 5-2 when the Pats come to Buffalo on 10/30/16. The 49ers and Dolphins are both games we should, and God knows I hope, win. That being said it could possibly set up the biggest game for the Bills in 10 years. Tom Brady is back so they will likely be 6-1 heading into that game. If the defense keeps rolling like it has been, along with Dareus and Lawson in the fold, Marsha could be taking a beating ALL DAY LONG.The Ralph will be ROCKIN that day for certain. Can you imagine sweeping the Pats and having an outright division lead going into the first week of November? GO BILLS!!! :thumbsup:

Too late.

Pats won't be 6-1 when they meet us.

Even when the Bills were a perennial playoff team, we laid eggs against teams we should smoke... we should never look past any team. Prepare for everyone of them like it was against the Pats!

I'm going to swallow some pride and go with advice a Pats fan once gave me after a rare Bills win. It's just one game in the season, don't hyper focus on it. The W/L record only matters when the season's over. If we beat the Pats on Oct 30th and then lay a bunch of eggs in Nov/Dec the Oct 30th game won't matter.

How long have you been a bills fan???

on to San Francisco. Nothing less, nothing more.

How long have you been a bills fan???

on to San Francisco. Nothing less, nothing more.

Almost 30 years now my friend. :thumbsup:

I'm not looking past either of the teams and chalking them up as W's. What I am saying is this team SHOULD be 5-2 heading into that game on 10/30 against the Pats and it will be the biggest game for us on an importance scale since the Bledsoe debacle against the Steelers 3rd string. We face two 1 win teams over the next two weeks with crappy QB's and a fairly hot defense. There are different things that worry me about each of the next two opponents, but roster for roster we are the better team in both instances.

This is the view of everyone, but this is the NFL and you never know week to week what's going to happen. I'd be surprised if we win the next two because things just don't go according to plan like this. This isn't college ball. I think we are 4-3 going into the Pats game and give us a decent chance to beat them again. Anyway, you don't just stack up automatic wins and feel this is more realistic.

I'll give the OP a break because it really doesn't matter one bit if we, as fans, jump ahead of ourselves. The important thing is that the team doesn't overlook an opponent.

The prospect of being 5-2 and headed into a 1st place showdown with the Pats*** should have all Bills fans excited.

Here's to hoping the team takes care of necessary business the next two Sundays.

Enjoy the win. Don't look forward to facing Goliath until we have to.

No win is guaranteed. We could just as easily lose the next two and have OBD up in flames. So let's slow down and take it a week at a time.

BUT, even if your dream scenario plays out, that NE game is not all that important on the schedule. That would be a game we are expected to lose and would be a loss that would easily be overcome if the Bills win the other games they need to. Would it be great to win, ABSOLUTELY. Would it be season ending if we don't - NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

After watching the Steelers yesterday, they had every look, to me, like a team that will play deep, deep into January, so I have them beating NE. I think we can get to this game at 5-2, so we should both have the same records going into that game. As any realistic Bills fan would assume, Brady is likely to smoke the Bills, but there is always a chance Rex gets the team to stand up, play disciplined, and steal one. I feel like it's a 15% chance of happening, but it COULD happen.

If it does... Boy, it would feel incredible to be a game up on NE going into November, and holding the season series tie-breaker against them. I know we would get tripped up in the next month with that tough November run, so NE would pass us as they feast on the teams that we'd have already beaten during our soft part of the schedule... but to have a real season to root for... for the first time in my adult life... I know I'm way ahead of myself, but I can dream.